Joseph Paulo

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
As stated, Paulo is creative yet inconsistent. If any club could take him to the next level it is Manly.
If our recruitment team thinks he'd fit in then who are we to question it? They have done an awesome job over the years . . . whilst still keeping under the salary cap, unlike many other clubs.

HappilyManly said:
tookey said:
Fluffy said:
What? We are swapping Jamie Lyon for Paulo?

NO! NO! NO! NO! NO!

No Paulo will play half back as we are swapping him for DCE
No, Choc is the one dreaming of Parra and Brad Arthur.
After wearing their jersey on Friday, he felt it was his true colours and signed with them :cool:

And played accordingly.

Harry said:
Why did they let Glen Stewart go If they are chasing Paulo ????

What a waste of money when you have some good young forwards coming through in the 20s who are Juniors for the club rather than buying imports all the time.

Jamil is killing it at lock. A hard hitting backrower is what we need.

Yeah look after a few of our own long before looking at players of his ilk.

BUT, all this talk and still no word about where this latest rumour comes from.

I'll stand corrected, but it's all pie-in-the-sky and really pointless, if you stop and think folks.

Always thought Paulo had a lot to offer - cant hold it against him if he doesn't produce it at Parra cause who does ???

On the right $$$$ could be a real good signing potentially.

Pepi said:
Harry said:
Why did they let Glen Stewart go If they are chasing Paulo ????

What a waste of money when you have some good young forwards coming through in the 20s who are Juniors for the club rather than buying imports all the time.

Jamil is killing it at lock. A hard hitting backrower is what we need.

Jamil Hopoate and Liam Knight both good forwards to bring up. Why have Juniors if you don't play them ? All the other clubs now are having some of their Juniors making their debuts. We shouldn't be looking else where all the time for players

Could it be that Paulo's contract will still be paid by Parrra and they are offloading him to free up funds to have a crack at DCE?

Harry said:
Jamil Hopoate and Liam Knight both good forwards to bring up. Why have Juniors if you don't play them ? All the other clubs now are having some of their Juniors making their debuts. We shouldn't be looking else where all the time for players

Yes that might be true but do remember that Manly are leading the competition so we must be doing something right! If our recruitment manager, Dave Warwick, thinks that Paulo is a good buy then I'll go with what he thinks. He's managed to get us some pretty handy talent in the last few years.

Rodo said:
Harry said:

Yes that might be true but do remember that Manly are leading the competition so we must be doing something right! If our recruitment manager, Dave Warwick, thinks that Paulo is a good buy then I'll go with what he thinks. He's managed to get us some pretty handy talent in the last few years.

Well why get rid of Glen Stewart ? They didn't even make him an offer and it would have prevented some of the unrest at the club as well. You can't compare Paulo to Gifty

Peter C said:
Could it be that Paulo's contract will still be paid by Parrra and they are offloading him to free up funds to have a crack at DCE?

If they are still paying his contract, how are they "freeing up funds"?

Okay I will bite

Clearly the club has a policy when it comes to forwards and when they come of "age"

Apart from Jamie b and maybe darcy I can not think of any forwards who have been blooded early

Look at turbo and São , look at how Matty b was held back. By going after Paulo they are not doing to turn their back on talent rather they believe they need more time before they play first grade.

Take hopa mark 3. What is this, his first year in the 20's? A year or two then to reserve grade before he comes up

So with Glenn leaving next year there is a gap for a battle hardened , cheap, second rower

Vyssini said:
Peter C said:

And why would Manly agree to this?

Vyssini said:
Peter C said:

Basically they tell Paulo that he's not required for next year, but let's say he is still under contract and say's "I'm not going anywhere", they could then tell him that he can still stay and play NSW cup as he doesn't figure in their NRL plans, but that means he's still taking up space in their salary cap.
The other alternative would be for him to find another club willing to take him on, but the new club may not have a lot of space in their cap either, or may not be prepared to pay him what Parra were, so Parra has to pay the difference from his contract and what the new club is paying him, but is not included in their salary cap.
There could be at least six or so players at other clubs who are still being payed something by Parra.

People go on about why sign other players and not gifty.

Here it is:

1. Sign G.Stewart to a sum he would find agreeable (450-600k range)
2. Lose T.Symonds, J.Buhrer, J.Sene-Lefao

OR

1. Don't re-sign G.Stewart
2. Re-sign T.Symonds, J.Buhrer, J.Sene-Lefao with the funds you would have used for G.Stewart.

MWSE said:

Here it is:

OR

2. Re-sign T.Symonds, J.Buhrer, J.Sene-Lefao with the funds you would have used for G.Stewart.

Don't bring logic into the Gifty debate.

Sheesh.

manlyfan76 said:
MWSE said:

Here it is:

OR

Sheesh.
[Ferris is the new Gifty anyway.]

Paulo would be a star at Manly. Could be more than a replacement for Dan Harrison. We have so much young front row talent, and Lauaki will be exciting with a preseason under his belt. But if King hangs up the boots I would have thought a front rower who has been around is what we need to guide these kids.

Cliffy said:
manlyfan76 said:
MWSE said:

Here it is:

OR

Sheesh.
[Ferris is the new Gifty anyway.]

Paulo would be a star at Manly. Could be more than a replacement for Dan Harrison. We have so much young front row talent, and Lauaki will be exciting with a preseason under his belt. But if King hangs up the boots I would have thought a front rower who has been around is what we need to guide these kids.

I think that's why we did get Lauaki on board.

For that extra hard-head who's been around.

So I'd say the jury's still out on him; and Sao and Chee Kam at this stage. Although it wouldn't do any of those guy's confidence much good, to get wind of this.

And even if we could fit him in (and if this rumour's true!) I'll take some convincing that it's the right option for us moving ahead next year and beyond.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6
6 3 3 16 6