Josh A - Decision time...

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

The Definitive name for Josh ' Oshay Olay' Allioliaoalliaalialiola

• 1. Josh A

Votes: 6 10.3%
  • 2. Aloiai

Votes: 18 31.0%
  • 3. Oshay Olay

Votes: 24 41.4%
  • 4. Aleo Vera

Votes: 3 5.2%
  • 5. Vera

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • 6.Allioaliolaaliilaolaia

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • 7.Alioli

Votes: 3 5.2%
  • 8.Alloy-ay (rhyming with hay).

Votes: 2 3.4%

• Total voters
Aside from the confusion of multiple nicknames fans bestow on players, also worth keeping in mind the issue highlighted by Erin Molan's attempted joke, namely in some cultures a person's name has great significance to the point where it might be hurtful or very insulting to disrespect their name. That episode caused me to think twice about some of the monikers I'd been using.
That’s why I went for Vera. Surely that’s not offensive, and I felt sorry no-one had voted for it.

Likewise. I have Olakau’atu down as Guac in the MVP spreadsheet as that was his predominant nickname last year but will be changing it to Big O as the other has potential to be offensive.
I call Olakau’atu Big O because, well his Big and his first letter is an O and to tell you the truth when he is on fire and running to the line with 4 tacklers hanging off him, that's a Big O baby, OHhhhh yeah !!
And I agree Gauc seems a little offensive

I'm a bit over many on here making up their own nicknames for the players because they told a joke in second grade which someone laughed at and they've thought they were funny ever since.
Happy to see the nickname they have within the playing group because a nickname is something given to you by those who know you. Otherwise, just use their bloody name!
Sorry, but we call him condiment. And it's very funny

I'm a simple man
Josh A seems a little more respectful
the conundrum we face here is that the thought of 'not offending' some of our guys by not using a nickname when on any given day the Abuse these same guys get (especially on here) can be bordering on disgraceful.

I agree we need to be respectful but a name such as Oshay Olay which was a total farce moment for the NRL should not be seen as 'being offensive' should it?

I have had a plethora of names throughout my 46 years. some funny, some annoying, and some downright mean but at the end of the day I'm a big boy that wears big boy pants so I get over it. As long as it's not a racial slur or downright offensive perhaps all this should be viewed in lighter terms.

If not then we all need to look at the general abuse thrown on this site and clean that up as well.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8