Josh Aloiai re-signs until 2025

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Thanks mate. I know you mean well and I very much respect you on the site. You are the consummate gentleman…

I have been on the site for a decade but remained quiet mainly busy in my life, the last few years I have mainly worked from home so have spent a little more time on the site…

I am not a fan of @SeaEagleRock8 but can see in the right environment and rubbed up the right way how others could appreciate him. But I have experienced an aspect of him I hope you don’t experience.. I am I suspect a little younger than you and still have plenty to achieve and do with my career and other aspects of my life… I have expended enough energy on the likes of him and I am not really taking anything that personally, but I am kind disappointed in myself for wasting time on sh!t on this site. I will be posting during footy season and can’t wait for the season to start….mate…
Thank you for your compliments feathered friend

I try to be the consummate Gentleman but the consummate gentleman comes with no faults and I have a few of them .

But that does not stop me from keep trying to be my best version ever as striving towards being our best version is ongoing

I have experienced some fiery posts with SeaEagleRock8 but we have all experienced his good side on here as well

The moral of the story
No one is perfect accept for the one and only Incomparable and Honorable Immortal
bobby-chaired-off-76.jpg

Thank you for your compliments feathered friend

I try to be the consummate Gentleman but the consummate gentleman comes with no faults and I have a few of them .

But that does not stop me from keep trying to be my best version ever as striving towards being our best version is ongoing

I have experienced some fiery posts with SeaEagleRock8 but we have all experienced his good side on here as well

The moral of the story
No one is perfect accept for the one and only Incomparable and Honorable Immortal
bobby-chaired-off-76.jpg
Respect that mate. Like the great Bozo ( The ST one as well the RL one) we all have standards. Someone who is willing to lie and make up disparaging so called facts about another ST member is by my estimate not someone worthy of any time and energy despite that aspect only coming out in certain situations…..

The @Woodsie / @SeaEagleRock8 People Perspective

Both Woodsie and SeaEagleRock8 are strong characters with different passionate beliefs and are also proven to be good blokes and those that have been on this forum for a long time would be able to acknowledge this

It can be very frustrating to understand how people think different to us
But as long as we all understand that we are all born uniquely different with different views
We would respect each other more and judge each other less

I will end this post with this very wise quote :

DO NOT TAKE ANYTHING PERSONAL
UNLESS IT IS A COMPLIMENT :)
View attachment 23132
I think all the folks on this thread are legends. I'm loving these debates, even if there is a bit of shirt-fronting. This is fun stuff!.

It's good that we can all have some meaty debates. We are not just footy fans after all, and these discussions are worthy in that there is too much political and woke stuff creeping in to our daily lives. The fact we are talking about this healthy, no matter what side we are on.

And anyway, if Manly were worth talking about we would be talking about them more. So it is Manly's fault in the end anyway, and they are why we are here.

Full circle. So bring it on!. I love the Silvertails forum more than ever.

NYEagle

Respect that mate. Like the great Bozo ( The ST one as well the RL one) we all have standards. Someone who is willing to lie and make up disparaging so called facts about another ST member is by my estimate not someone worthy of any time and energy despite that aspect only coming out in certain situations…..
I respect you too feathered friend

We are all different and look at life from a different perspective

We have to respect that and move on gracefully without keeping a record of wrongs and keep positive in the hope that we can be an inspiration to others

Our mission in life is to make difference for the better
We can achieve this by keeping Humble , Positive , Hopeful and Optimistic

I think all the folks on this thread are legends. I'm loving these debates, even if there is a bit of shirt-fronting. This is fun stuff!. It's good that we can all have some meaty debates.
I love your Great Attitude @NYEagle . Great post !

If we look to see the good in people we will find it and we can find a bit of legend in every one

Debates are good and the more passionate and fireier the better

Lets Bring back the Biff but also make sure we shake hands after the game :)

Always good Budgie ... not long to go for some footy ... and then .. I hope my only combatants are the numbnuts that don't rate Keppie...

Cheers
Hey Woodsie - it's funny coz I'm called a cynical old basta*d and my wife and daughter keep telling me I've reached the Grumpy Old Man stage. There's no doubt I do still consider myself a social democrat (I don't believe in labelling right or left either - I think that's just too easy for people to dismiss a view. Things are more nuanced than that). And I do believe in free speech, just not a big fan of hate speech. Where and how you draw the line on that? I don't know.

So anyway, I was curious about my level of numbnuttery given that we had a disagreement yesterday about the Voice proposal. Just an aside - numbnuts and petticoat wearers have only come into my vocabulary since joining ST at the end of last season. Who said we're too old to learn new things?? @:D I should mention first though, that you may have seen from my previous posts, that I'm a Keppie fan. I just want him to raise the bar this year. But I digress.

I should also say something relevant to this thread - I still think Aloiai is a goose! Do I believe in his right to say stupid things? Sure. Do I like him calling someone that showed extraordinary compassion and grace after the horrendous shooting in NZ, a monster? Well, no. And I probably wouldn't have bothered writing anything about it in the first place, if he wasn't a Manly player and someone that had already irritated me.

But quickly back to the Voice (coz I don't want to drag on - too late?) - it seems the only part we disagree on is your concerns about political grandstanding getting us no where and splitting the country on purely racial grounds. Both things I agree with coz I don't want either of these things ......... ahhhh, either. However, we just seem to be coming at them from different directions. I'm banking on the current govt being genuine (and I think they are) in wanting to get indigenous recognition in the Constitution and then having a formal body to advocate on their behalf to Parliament (not be a separate chamber of Parliament). I just think the recognition component is the right thing to do. And I won't bore you with the history of why, coz I know you're well aware of the history. We also agree that a lot of resources have been put into "aboriginal affairs" over the years and yet the disproportionate disadvantages remain. Again, I won't list those coz you understand what I'm talking about. I also had concerns about how that would work but listening to people like Marcia Langton and Noel Pearson (even something he wrote this morning in the SMH) or people like renowned Constitutional lawyers, give me cautious optimism that it will simply provide an avenue for more direct consultation on how to address some of the long standing issues. Of course, there's no guarantee. But again, we both agree something has to change. I would just note that some of the concerns being broadcast by certain people (people who may well belong to the petticoat brigade you talk about) regarding a separate chamber of Parliament or how there'll be separate laws for some people and not others etc etc are not new. We heard the same sort of noises from similar people around the Mabo decision and Native Title. All the bleating about how aboriginal people were going to walk in and take your house, or your sheep station etc. Anyway, I just don't see why it should be considered splitting the country on racial grounds. I just believe it's time to recognise that there was a population and a culture that existed so so long before colonisation and that 200+ years is a drop in the ocean relative to that. Yet the impact of dispossession has had a profound impact on those people and their culture. I mean the BS about terra nullius was maintained all the way up to 1992. It'd be great to have us all believing we are one country and not just have a song that tells us we are. But if I was an indigenous person, I know how I'd feel. But I'm not and they have more than enough intelligent and articulate people to speak for themselves. But I can't think of a more profound starting point to bring a country together as one, than to formally acknowledge the original occupants of this land. I know this will sound all painfully idealistic to a lot and I could be booted from the Grumpy Old Man Club ...... but so be it.

Anyway, I've think I've passed my use by date so like you, I wish for the next 6 weeks to pass quickly so I can talk some real footy with you and the rest of the ST crew. Cheers

I wish for the next 6 weeks to pass quickly so I can talk some real footy with you and the rest of the ST crew. Cheers
Well said feathered friend when you say lets talk about the Real footy

100% Real footy is all about the game without any additives that poison the game and divide its people

The Ancient Greeks united all all parts of the world . The Blacks , the whites the lefts ands the Rights
by the Olympic games where every nation sets aside all their differences and were 100 % united by competing in Sport

Unifying World Peace by the Power of Sport

I hope the Dumb Manly Marketing team get the message !

2020-09-18-peace-thumbnail-2.jpg

Last edited:

100% Real footy is all about the game without any additives that poison the game and divide its people

The Ancient Greeks united all all parts of the world . The Blacks , the whites the lefts ands the Rights
by the Olympic games where every nation sets aside all their differences and were 100 % united by competing in Sport

So sport has the power to drive peace but should not be used for change (even if that change is peace?)

Also will say it for the last time of you think that the rainbow stuff was marketing only then you really have no idea how a business works

I really don't care what Aloiai thinks and says about things and that's why I don't read his online posts. He's allowed to have his own opinions no matter how silly they may be. It's a shame folks want to regurgitate and discuss the garbage he posts on here. I'm just interested in his on field performances. Privately if he's not breaking any laws or messing with the rest of the squad's heads who cares? Not me. I recall playing along side some very unusual guys but I was glad I wasn't playing against them.

So sport has the power to drive peace but should not be used for change (even if that change is peace?)

Also will say it for the last time of you think that the rainbow stuff was marketing only then you really have no idea how a business works
Sport does promote peace and politics drives peace away from sport

Marketing is involved in every business promotion including the rainbow debacle

where hitler was successful was doing exactly what SER8 is proposing ( he shut down over time opposing voices, ( noting a very different methodology of course ) but he started doing this well before he obtained any significant power… suppressing peoples voices is a completely insane so called solution… SER8 needs to move to China 🇨🇳…..we can rename him beijing eagle…..

think you have become confused ... we were discussing your desire to crush freedom of speech
Are you guys tripping? Or clutching at straws? This is magnificent fiction!
I was a mod on this site for 10 years yet here you are arguing freely, sheesh I wonder how I forgot to ban everypone and crush free speech?

Oh yeah now I remember I actually argue consistently for open discussion of controversial topics.

Consistently.

Others might even confirm that on occasion I'd argue against bans and editing posts, precisely because I believed (and still believe) that open honest discussion is the way forward.
Where you two come in is ... when I or others pipe up and say hang on I don't agree with X or Y or Z ... you leap in with your personal attacks and ridicule ... to bully and shut down the discussion!!!

You are the ones who want to stifle discussion. On every occasion! Woodie and Pill - Hypocrites United!

I really don't care what Aloiai thinks and says about things and that's why I don't read his online posts. He's allowed to have his own opinions no matter how silly they may be. It's a shame folks want to regurgitate and discuss the garbage he posts on here. I'm just interested in his on field performances. Privately if he's not breaking any laws or messing with the rest of the squad's heads who cares? Not me. I recall playing along side some very unusual guys but I was glad I wasn't playing against them.
I think the out going failed NZ PM is a Monster as well

First let us look at what a Monster does
A monster Destroys things and the fact is this Political Imposter Monster Destroyed the NZ economy and its peoples quality of life

Hmmm, Im not so sure about your ancient Greeks analogy Bozo. Here's just an extract of some history (apparently).

Archaeology suggests that major games at Olympia arose not in 776 but probably around 700. Christesen's important work on the Olympic victor lists shows that victors' names and details were unreliable until the sixth century. Moreover, scholars have demythologized ancient Olympia (and other famous games) by noting excessive violence, ethnic and gender chauvinism, corruption, commercialization, and political propaganda. Olympia was a sanctuary, but it was within. Elis's independent state administered it, and while the Eleans managed the games well, there sometimes was bias and interference. Also, despite modern illusions, the famous Olympic truce only mandated safe passage for visitors; it did not stop all wars in Greece or even at Olympia.

AND they performed naked! Not sure Josh would like that idea. Actually, not sure I'd like to watch Josh do that either. :eek:

Last edited:
Fair enough.

I think the out going failed NZ PM is a Monster as well

First let us look at what a Monster does
A monster Destroys things and the fact is this Political Imposter Monster Destroyed the NZ economy and its peoples quality of life
Hmmmmm. Okey dokey then.

Also, despite modern illusions, the famous Olympic truce only mandated safe passage for visitors; it did not stop all wars in Greece or even at Olympia.
Thank you for your post reply feathered friend

There has never been a war between any nation during the Olympic event at any time
Which validates the point that I was making that sport promotes peace

Last edited:
Thank you for your post reply feathered friend

There has never been a war between any nation during the Olympic event at any time
Which validates the point that I was making that sport promotes peace
You might want to check with the Russians about that.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4