• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
The best thing to do is call Foxtel up and say disconnection.
Barter with them and stick with the disconnection story due to cost until you get the retention team. I pay about $43 a month for HD and sport with Foxtel and they try and put the cost up eventually and I keep getting the discount. Recently I got to the stage where the lady said ok I will put the disconnection through as they didn't want to offer me a discount that I was on previously and yet again I was speaking with the retention team. Each time I think this could be actually the time Foxtel gets disconnected and it never happens. Stick to your guns and make sure you pay no more than $43 --45 per month with sport HD and IQ4 rental included. I find with internet that can be hit and miss for the $43 odd bucks its still reasonable for reliability.
Ah yes the retention team. All aussies right? Thats how I got the 53.50 price for saying i was going to leave because they hit me with some bull**** pro rata bill out of nowhere and i told them to disconnect me and next day retention team called haha. I dont have foxtel right now as they dont suspend the account anymore so i got ride of it last year. I am a long time customer perhaps i can use that to bargin. Hmmm

I switched to Kayo but then found out I didn't have the app on my tele so I'm reluctantly back to fox.
Hoping my tele will have an update soon and will get the app.
You should be able to download the app on ur TV , or get a google chrome cast and steam it from ur phone

I had kayo last year. It has a few issues here and there. A couple of times at half time id come back and last weeks game with different clubs was playing or it would switch to a pre show interviews. As i never watch half time it was a hassel . Then id realise kick off was 6 minutes ago

I also like to pause games so i can fast forward stoppages. Have to be careful in case it buffers and you are jetisoned 10 minutes down the track

I switched to Kayo but then found out I didn't have the app on my tele so I'm reluctantly back to fox.
Hoping my tele will have an update soon and will get the app.
Mate we didn’t have the app either. I just went out and paid for the chrome cast. Again another adjustment but its super easy once you get use to it. I did notice the live delay as well but this year I’ve vowed not to engage in the game day thread anyway. I was finding it distracted me away frm the coverage.

Telstra just announced that they are doing away with their live pass streaming format and replacing it with Kayo. So if you are a telstra live pass customer already you can subscrice to Kayo for $5 a month instead of the $25 it normally is.

* Hot tip with Kayo. You don't need to watch the stream for games. You can watch live channels as well. So if you're finding that your stream keeps dropping out just go to the live channel instead.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    188 KB · Views: 6
It depends on how reliable your internet service is (of course) but people sometimes fail to remember that sometimes. Also if you have a wife watching netflix and 2 teenage daughters watching youtube while you want to watch the footy you could have issues.

I'm on telstra NBN and because of that I get Kayo for $15 a month, but you have to sign up for 12 months to get that deal.

I have had the app crash 3 or 4 times last season, so not 100% reliable but it's worth it for the price. Oh and I watch it with the Chromecast too, for $50 it beats squinting at a mobile phone screen!

H
The best thing to do is call Foxtel up and say disconnection.
Barter with them and stick with the disconnection story due to cost until you get the retention team. I pay about $43 a month for HD and sport with Foxtel and they try and put the cost up eventually and I keep getting the discount. Recently I got to the stage where the lady said ok I will put the disconnection through as they didn't want to offer me a discount that I was on previously and yet again I was speaking with the retention team. Each time I think this could be actually the time Foxtel gets disconnected and it never happens. Stick to your guns and make sure you pay no more than $43 --45 per month with sport HD and IQ4 rental included. I find with internet that can be hit and miss for the $43 odd bucks its still reasonable for reliability.
Haha yep I was doing this for years. Fox don’t let u just disconnect they always put you through to the retention team. Always get a discount. Leaving Fox was the best thing we did. Now through sharing streaming platforms with fam (bless the chrome cast) I pay for Kayo only and have Stan, Netflix, Amazon and Fox Go (showcase) Plus all free to air. No need these days for a full Fox sub

Kayo is perfect, cant understand why people would par for Foxtel.

Couple of things

* You need a quality internet connection, if you have that it is a dream
*The big plus is everything from games to shows is available in demand...watch NRL360 etc whenever is convenient to you.
*Don't have the app on your TV, no problem, get a Chromecast for like $70 and cast it straight from your phone

Love Kayo

Ah yes the retention team. All aussies right? Thats how I got the 53.50 price for saying i was going to leave because they hit me with some bull**** pro rata bill out of nowhere and i told them to disconnect me and next day retention team called haha. I dont have foxtel right now as they dont suspend the account anymore so i got ride of it last year. I am a long time customer perhaps i can use that to bargin. Hmmm
You def can use the long term customer line mate. It’s basically what I trotted out every 12mths to ensure I paid less than $50 a month . In the end I was too much of a tight prick to even pay the reduced amount. Lol

Mate we didn’t have the app either. I just went out and paid for the chrome cast. Again another adjustment but its super easy once you get use to it. I did notice the live delay as well but this year I’ve vowed not to engage in the game day thread anyway. I was finding it distracted me away frm the coverage.
As an aside - that delay thing used to do my head in on NRL stream!

The scores and stats were live on the screen under the stream, and the vision was about 30 seconds behind. So you knew a try was coming, or the goal missed etc before it happened.

Foxtel have bumped up the price this year so im looking for alternatives.

How is kayo?
Does it stream the foxtel matches so ill get the commentary team?
How is the quality and reliability?
Cheers
I got rid of Foxtel because of my dislike for Murdoch and I'm resisting getting Kayo for the same reason although as the new season approaches I feel I might have no choice but to relent as I don't want to miss any Eagles matches, quite the quandary

I got rid of Foxtel because of my dislike for Murdoch and I'm resisting getting Kayo for the same reason although as the new season approaches I feel I might have no choice but to relent as I don't want to miss any Eagles matches, quite the quandary

You just have to get someone to do some err re-creations I guess.

Telstra just announced that they are doing away with their live pass streaming format and replacing it with Kayo. So if you are a telstra live pass customer already you can subscrice to Kayo for $5 a month instead of the $25 it normally is.

* Hot tip with Kayo. You don't need to watch the stream for games. You can watch live channels as well. So if you're finding that your stream keeps dropping out just go to the live channel instead.

You'd think Kayo will make sure their servers etc. will be able to handle an increase in subscribers this year given this news.

Hopefully any bugs previously encountered with streaming games (freeze, lagging etc) will be sorted in time for this season.

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8
9 4 5 -19 8