Keppie

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Like I said, I do think Keppie is a good front rower and if our prop rotation going into next year is led by Jake, Paseka, Keppie and Lodge with Sips, Bull and Aloiai also thereabouts, then I think we're doing well (for mine, Schuster will move to lock with Brooks here). But even if last nights mistakes were more circumstance than anything else, its still him it happens to more than most isn't it. He's got to find a way to combat that.

As for Jake ... yep, 100% agree. Ever since the 6 again became a thing in the NRL, Jake is arguably our most consistent offender, usually being inside the 10. And also agreed that you won't see him dropped. But then, our defence up the middle doesn't turn to 💩 whenever Keppie is off the field like it does when Jake isn't out there either. But yes, in the same manner as Keppie cutting out the mistakes, Jake needs to cut out giving away so many 6 again's because they too end up hurting.
Jakes ruck infringements are the cost of doing business. He is the only one attempting to slow the ruck. If he had more help the load would be spread. Panthers Storm and Roosters have all lead the league for penalties/set restarts whilst dominating the league. If Jake had more help in pushing the refs boundaries we would be better off.

Agree with what's been said about him. The basic errors are too plentiful and too critical to the team to be defended. He is up there with Jake for showing his passion for the cause but the carelessness of his play overrides this. It's a shame because he should be a decent first 17 player
Suggest Jake has more errors (penalties, 6 agains), every game than Keppie.

Jakes ruck infringements are the cost of doing business. He is the only one attempting to slow the ruck. If he had more help the load would be spread. Panthers Storm and Roosters have all lead the league for penalties/set restarts whilst dominating the league. If Jake had more help in pushing the refs boundaries we would be better off.
Teams like the Storm have got the whole wrestle tackle and "accidental" tangle down to an art form and get away with slowing teams down. We just can't or won't do it. Jake tries and it kills us a lot of the time. However, as you and others have said, without Jakes defence we would be at the bottom with the Tigers. So yep, it does seem like the cost of doing business.

If we are wanting Lodges better points to rub off on other players. Keppie has to be his understudy. Despite the errors I'd start him this week. Build him up and back him.

Then Toff & Bull off the bench.

If AOA should happen to be back then bye bye woods.

We need to be able to win games by defence.

Well there was that article a while back suggesting he may be 'let go' - maybe he doesn't want to go (none of them ever want to leave Manly!) and this is a way to encourage him to, er, think further about it!
He is on decent coin, hasn't gone to the next level yet but would be attactive signing for other NRL clubs.
Other than that I don't know why he wouldn't even make the reserves, which is not to say there isn't a good reason, just that I don't know what it could be.

Well there was that article a while back suggesting he may be 'let go' - maybe he doesn't want to go (none of them ever want to leave Manly!) and this is a way to encourage him to, er, think further about it!
He is on decent coin, hasn't gone to the next level yet but would be attactive signing for other NRL clubs.
Other than that I don't know why he wouldn't even make the reserves, which is not to say there isn't a good reason, just that I don't know what it could be.
Surely he'll get a run with Blacktown which has a realistic chance of making the semis.
I can't work out why Fainu isn't on the bench instead of Woods. Is the club being churlish because he and his bro signed with the Tuggers? Case of cutting off your nose....

Spare the pitchforks everyone
21957B8E-2D59-4E06-B2FA-A7BA257B82CC.jpeg

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8