Kyle Flanagan: Journos can't decide which fib to print.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Ouch. Criminal what happened. Now they are back-tracking and making more mistakes on top of old ones.

For apparently on like $300-350K

For a club struggling with backline options and overall depth it is insane to have pushed a big $$ 5/8 experiment, leading to a weakened back-row and now 2x ~ $150-200K backup halves to cover for the scenario where the experiment fails
Take your point, but we only have newspaper speculation that ‘No Look’ is on 800k. That seems way too much for someone who has only represented internationally at Mickey Mouse level, with one of the rugba league nations of the SWPac.

If they are paying him anything like that much, they need some financial counselling.

Take your point, but we only have newspaper speculation that ‘No Look’ is on 800k. That seems way too much for someone who has only represented internationally at Mickey Mouse level, with one of the rugba league nations of the SWPac.

If they are paying him anything like that much, they need some financial counselling.
The problem is,the Schuster deal was done prior to Mestrov etc turning up,hence why Mestrov was parachuted in to clean up the place.Still work to do though

True, True

Ill take out his speculated $$ (or maybe even just leave this post up instead) because it detracts a little from what I was trying to get at. It just seems like a weird predicament we've gotten ourselves into with Schuster - considering other issues we currently face. He had some good signs in 21', but his manager appears to have had so much leverage that there's actually been quite a domino effect in keeping him;
  • Previously Schu was a backup half and a starting backrower, so we essentially had to buy a lower-quality backup half + an extra backrower (also lower quality)
  • We also lost the experienced Foran (known to have a low salary), and have now purchased Flanagan
  • Schu obviously got some form of salary increase too
Then we apply the context. 2022 highlighted that our major issue was our outside backs and our backline depth. Yet we have essentially had to invest in an area where we had no issues, weakening our back-row, weakening the quality of our halves depth + wasting salary cap money in order to compensate for his move to the 5/8 position. His contract value and merits aside, there could easily be $300-600K here that we could've used for some of the more glaring issues.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dont forget Tommy (I cant make Tigers top side) Talau.
Not that this is a glowing endorsement of Talau,given it is the Tigers,but he’s been in their top 17 every week that he’s been available this year.And the fact he’s basically a centre,the Tigers must rate him given they still pick him on the bench.But as I said,it’s still only the Tigers

That's because we shop for players at Crazy Clark's. Deadset this club is so far down the toilet in the recruitment stakes it's an embarrassment.
I always thought we got them from the Reject Shop but then I went there and even the Reject Shop has better crap than what we buy.

I always thought we got them from the Reject Shop but then I went there and even the Reject Shop has better crap than what we buy.
But buying players shouldn’t be the issue.Obviously the last few purchases have been poor,but the players you buy should be ones that just top off or compliment an already good side.Manly have 4-5 “marquee” players so any ones that are bought are not going to be absolute stars.Look at the glory yrs of 2007-2013,the squad was basically local juniors or players whose first club was Manly.Now Jamie Lyon was the exception but there were a litany of “role” players the club bought.The likes of Perry,Rodney,Rose,L’Estrange,Robertson,Galuvao etc all just topped up already strong side.Look at the Panthers,they’ve built from the bottom up.Manly’s issues,amongst other things,stem from their development.There’s been plenty of hype around the Scott Fulton led Western Sydney nursery that he has supposed to have cultivated,but there seems to some issues with these kids

Come on ! The roosters didn’t want him the bulldogs don’t want him… no one wants him! What were we meant to do?
Atleast we know it’s only for this season… when Shane gets a head coaching gig next season and dumps us, flanno jnr will go with him… no other coaches in the comp but daddy will have him… my moneys on dragons

If this signing comes off then I can kind of see the logic? From a team morale point of view I actually think it's a reasonable signing. He will be another whipping boy for the fans which will give some of the other duds a break.

Only issue I see is that we now have more whipping boys than actual players.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8