Kyle Flanagan: Journos can't decide which fib to print.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
But buying players shouldn’t be the issue.Obviously the last few purchases have been poor, but the players you buy should be ones that just top off or compliment an already good side.
We don't buy players. We are gifted hand-me-downs, usually from clubs that - incredibly - are even more clueless than our own. We are forever on the hunt for a "bargain", always scraping the bottom of the barrel and hoping for the best. It's not so much a recruitment strategy as it is a mournful acceptance of our place in the rugby league pecking order. More of a gesture than anything - the gesture being a shrug of the shoulders, a tilt of the head, and a facial expression that essentially says, "Meh. He'll do."

Not that this is a glowing endorsement of Talau,given it is the Tigers,but he’s been in their top 17 every week that he’s been available this year.And the fact he’s basically a centre,the Tigers must rate him given they still pick him on the bench.But as I said,it’s still only the Tigers
Talau or Harper? It’s that simple.

No matter how bad things got we always had the consolation that Kyle Flanagan played for another team.....sadly those days are gone......
Don’t worry Cooper Johns will take that mantle. Oh hold on then we will have both Kyle and Cooper on our books.

Another actually quite likely scenarios now will be Cooper and Kyle as our starting halves at sone point!

If this signing comes off then I can kind of see the logic? From a team morale point of view I actually think it's a reasonable signing. He will be another whipping boy for the fans which will give some of the other duds a break.

Only issue I see is that we now have more whipping boys than actual players.
Harpers got a smile a mile wide this morning.

Personally I don’t mind Flanagan. I think he has been a scapegoat for other failings at his current and previous club. Not sure how it panned out at Cronulla before that.
My neighbors a die hard sharks member and he was always happy with Kyle in the 7. If Roosters targeted him something must have been identified. Now I don’t watch every game this kid plays, but I also recall him going alright at the sharks, I was surprised Easts let him go as well, and wondered why that came about. Since then he has looked mentally shot at the Dogs. Almost like a far less resilient version of Luke brooks.

What I do know, is that this kid is an upgrade on Cooper Johns. If Kyle is purely being used as a back up to Schu and dce and comes dirt cheap, then I’m ok with this perceived dirty deed.

If this signing comes off then I can kind of see the logic? From a team morale point of view I actually think it's a reasonable signing. He will be another whipping boy for the fans which will give some of the other duds a break.

Only issue I see is that we now have more whipping boys than actual players.
The Manly Warringah Whippets?

Wouldn’t it be a team full of subs then?

I actually think he played well under his dad at Cronulla which is the reason he was recruited by the Rorters.
Correct. He showed similar potential to Nathan Cleary in the early years; cool head under pressure, astute kicking game, does the 1%ers well, and solid defender. He is till a solid defender but the little enterprise he once had in his game, has disappeared.

Correct. He showed similar potential to Nathan Cleary in the early years; cool head under pressure, astute kicking game, does the 1%ers well, and solid defender. He is till a solid defender but the little enterprise he once had in his game, has disappeared.
I think he is worth the risk. Is better than Cooper anyway. So still an improvement somewhat. Both Cooper and flanno are off contract this year. May the best man win for an extension. If flanno can get back to his form back at cronulla it could be a master-stroke.

I think he is worth the risk. Is better than Cooper anyway. So still an improvement somewhat. Both Cooper and flanno are off contract this year. May the best man win for an extension. If flanno can get back to his form back at cronulla it could be a master-stroke.
Johns apparently didn’t play well last night (I saw the bulk of the first half) but he is not going to shine if his forwards aren’t laying a platform.

He went ok in the pre-season when they were laying the platform.

Seibold after game in presser said No they haven't signed Flannagan
But did admit they are looking too sign a outside back

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8