Kyle Flanagan: Journos can't decide which fib to print.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Johns apparently didn’t play well last night (I saw the bulk of the first half) but he is not going to shine if his forwards aren’t laying a platform.

He went ok in the pre-season when they were laying the platform.
Yeah, I think it's simply because we just don't have enough good players to carry players like Johns who are, essentially, role players. And we just don't have the structures or confidence of a club like Melbourne, who seem to be able to shift players in and out of their team without the whole system breaking down.

Seriously Flanagan when we have no centres. Just Gould taking another dump on Manly again. Obviously this club will never learn.

I’d take Luke brooks but we couldn’t afford him if the dogs are chipping in money for Flanno it’s not a bad thing..

I’ll eat my word on Johns in the pre season I said he wasn’t a bad signing based on depth but wow have I been wrong he offered zero tonight
Johns is so bad i tipped GC tonight as soon as i saw him in the team !
How did we sign him in the first place? another favor !
Johns, Woods, Flanagan - Go Seibold

Harpers got a smile a mile wide this morning.

Just here to say....

Your seinfeld episode was on (here) about an hour ago. woot! lol.

Er...anyway, sign 'em all and let form decide!

(this is also the ST forum that demanded we offer Ash Taylor 1M + immediately, a few years ago).

Johns apparently didn’t play well last night (I saw the bulk of the first half) but he is not going to shine if his forwards aren’t laying a platform.

@Terry Zarsoff I felt our pack was all over them for a good portion of the first and second halves and layed ample platform for the halves. Our halves and backs couldn’t capitalize on it. Weather did impact granted, however my issue with Johns despite his lacking attacking ability is his dreadful defence. Guy is a total turnstile, one of the worst tacklers in grade.

I’d take Luke brooks but we couldn’t afford him if the dogs are chipping in money for Flanno it’s not a bad thing..

I’ll eat my word on Johns in the pre season I said he wasn’t a bad signing based on depth but wow have I been wrong he offered zero tonight
To be fair,he was signed as depth and there is a distinct lack of quality halves in the comp and the first choice 5/8 is AWOL

Seibold after game in presser said No they haven't signed Flannagan
But did admit they are looking too sign a outside back

Ooooooooooooooooohoooooooooooooho...

But that means the media got something wrong.

first time for everything I guess.

Unless , gasp, Seibs was fibbing.

Just here to say....

Your seinfeld episode was on (here) about an hour ago. woot! lol.

Er...anyway, sign 'em all and let form decide!

(this is also the ST forum that demanded we offer Ash Taylor 1M + immediately, a few years ago).
One of the great eps. The Alex Theatre. How goods The hot dog scene. Kramer: “perfectly sane food to eat”. Not unlike this thread really, Flanagan perfectly sane half to sign. 😂

@Terry Zarsoff I felt our pack was all over them for a good portion of the first and second halves and layed ample platform for the halves. Our halves and backs couldn’t capitalize on it. Weather did impact granted, however my issue with Johns despite his lacking attacking ability is his dreadful defence. Guy is a total turnstile, one of the worst tacklers in grade.

Yep up there with Harper. The turnstile brothers.

I think the three quarters suffered because of disruption to the lineup. Perhaps in future Garrick should drop back to fullback. We know he is a competent fullback.

A young, inexperienced player like Weekes might find it daunting to organise the defensive patterns in front of him. Garrick in turn is used to it. He also knows when and where to chime into the attacking raids.

Problem is Coopers the hole in the platform when we don’t have the ball, pretty deflating for our middles, who work hard to establish that early platform, must be hard to watch that go down the drain when the opposition run at, sorry through Cooper and put points on us against the early run of play.

In the present circumstances with the Shu not available anytime soon , probably not a lot of alternatives and also with Humphries not considered in the frame for whatever reason . Flanaghan as the 7 in D C E 's absence , then to find a half decent 6 . Looks like would continue to struggle with Cooper Johns and Weekes as the only other option but again not a lot of alternatives at present

I think the three quarters suffered because of disruption to the lineup. Perhaps in future Garrick should drop back to fullback. We know he is a competent fullback.

A young, inexperienced player like Weekes might find it daunting to organise the defensive patterns in front of him. Garrick in turn is used to it. He also knows when and where to chime into the attacking raids.
Yeah totally. We have had a different spine every game as well. Our attack has not looked great all year really, except in patches vs Parra perhaps.

Harper was that turnstile for the former Manly centre Albert Kelly yesterday. Luckily DCE was in the vicinity to tackle him. 🤭

You know what, I hope it happens because the kid aint scared to tackle, he gets in and has a go, he isn't scared of the rough stuff. Ok his attacking options aren't that flash but who knows, with his old man coaching him, he just might get to the heights everyone thought he would by the end of the year. Thats my take on it anyway. Yes I know I will upset a few on here but guess what, who cares

I think the three quarters suffered because of disruption to the lineup.
In hindsight the loss wasn't much of a shock, we were missing our fullback, both centres and our 5/8.
Just too many fill-ins in the end, we needed the forwards to dominate but when Sipley stuffed up it was the begining of the end.
Manly was false favourites for that game.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8