Kyle Flanagan: Journos can't decide which fib to print.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Seibold after game in presser said No they haven't signed Flannagan
But did admit they are looking too sign a outside back
It sounded to me like we've signed him but Seibs was playing a straight bat. The first thing he said was "I'm not going to comment on that" before commenting on it?! If it was the first he'd heard of it, you can bet he would have been more surprised than "I'm not going to comment on that". He finished by saying we could "potentially add to our halves". It sounds like he is on his way.

Ooooooooooooooooohoooooooooooooho...

But that means the media got something wrong.

first time for everything I guess.

Unless , gasp, Seibs was fibbing.

I was shot down when I said Seibold was fibbing about Turbo playing. He didn't play.

Let's see if Seibold is a serial fibber if this nightmare comes true.

Are we also going to sign Brad Arthur's son?

Hmmm…he isn’t saying ‘yes’ but he isn’t saying ‘no’ either
These announcements are normally made after both teams have played their weekend games and not done at an after game press conference.Flanagan was dropped this week but as far as I can find,he wasn’t even named in their NSW Cup team,which is a sign that he’s moving on.As I said earlier,say what you like about Rothfield,but if he’s got a “scoop” on the Flanagan’s,it’ll be spot on.

I think the three quarters suffered because of disruption to the lineup. Perhaps in future Garrick should drop back to fullback. We know he is a competent fullback.

A young, inexperienced player like Weekes might find it daunting to organise the defensive patterns in front of him. Garrick in turn is used to it. He also knows when and where to chime into the attacking raids.
This was always my concern with having him at FB with a makeshift backline. The kid is trying to find his own feet without having the extra pressure of trying to organise the defence. It made sense to put him at FB coz that's his desired position but the defence was always going to be a problem against an experienced backline orchestrated by Foz.

But on Flannagan - it just does not make any sense to me to bring him in (if it's true). DCE is not going anywhere (apart from a possible couple of SOO games. So he'll just be another player we've brought in to either sit on a reserve bench or play with Blacktown. If they think he can fill in for Shu, then they need to let Johns go. Coz again, what's the point?? And of course, if Shu comes good in a couple weeks, then they'll both be a 3rd wheel. I thought Mestrov was on top of things but now I'm really starting to worry.

You know what, I hope it happens because the kid aint scared to tackle, he gets in and has a go, he isn't scared of the rough stuff. Ok his attacking options aren't that flash but who knows, with his old man coaching him, he just might get to the heights everyone thought he would by the end of the year. Thats my take on it anyway. Yes I know I will upset a few on here but guess what, who cares
Can't be any worse than turnstile Johns or the no show sook.

But on Flannagan - it just does not make any sense to me to bring him in (if it's true). DCE is not going anywhere (apart from a possible couple of SOO games. So he'll just be another player we've brought in to either sit on a reserve bench or play with Blacktown. If they think he can fill in for Shu, then they need to let Johns go. Coz again, what's the point?? And of course, if Shu comes good in a couple weeks, then they'll both be a 3rd wheel. I thought Mestrov was on top of things but now I'm really starting to worry.

This is exactly my point.

4 players into 3 spots (2 starting, 1 back-up) does not add up.

Something has to give.

This was always my concern with having him at FB with a makeshift backline. The kid is trying to find his own feet without having the extra pressure of trying to organise the defence. It made sense to put him at FB coz that's his desired position but the defence was always going to be a problem against an experienced backline orchestrated by Foz.

I think if it’s true, Flanno Jr will be subsidised by C-B for the remainder of the season.

If it’s only for the rest of this season & the Bulldogs are paying for him, I don’t think it’s such a bad idea.

It gives us DCE, Schuster, Johns, Weekes & Flannagan as starting halves & back ups.

Considering what’s going on with Schuster, it might be a good idea to have another halves back up.

Maybe Flannagan could even be back up for Croker too?

If it’s only for the rest of this season & the Bulldogs are paying for him, I don’t think it’s such a bad idea.

It gives us DCE, Schuster, Johns, Weekes & Flannagan as starting halves & back ups.

Considering what’s going on with Schuster, it might be a good idea to have another halves back up.

Maybe Flannagan could even be back up for Croker too?
I guess my concern is, it just adds further disruption coz the chopping and changing does not give anyone time to fit in properly. Actually, the real thing p*ssing me off is not having Shu, Tom and Koula on the field fit and firing and we have to read about all this cr*p instead. I spose I'm just over it all.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6
6 3 3 16 6