Lame - Orford doesn't do the press conference

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
For those on the drop Orford bandwagon.  Do you seriously think we will be a better team with Hodkinson calling the shots and directing the team around?

We wouldnt be wasting hundreds of thousands of Dollars on him Garts, thats always been my worry,

he is paid too much and delivers too little

Garts link said:
For those on the drop Orford bandwagon.  Do you seriously think we will be a better team with Hodkinson calling the shots and directing the team around?

Yes. Too late in the season now though. Must not re sign him.

If you think we would be better off with someone else at half you are seriously brain damaged.  And by someone else I mean that is already on our books.

I understand the point of not re-signing him for big cash but dumping him with no viable solution is just stupid, extrememly stupid. 

We have a half in the U20s who could handle the job.  If your hero was injured Garts, what would you do?  Cry about it.  No?  I imagine you'd come up with someone in our squad to put the ball in the scrum and pass it to the next guy.  Other squads are promoting players from their U20s and if we can put up with Big T wandering about on the wing, then there's others who deserve a go.  I'd even go further and promote Hoppa into the fullback role and put Robbo back on the wing.  But then again, I want to make the top four.     

DSM, the other 20s halfbacks coming through have been Hunt from Brisbane and Barba at the Dogs

Both were performing far better than Daly, and both have been shown up big time

Also mate, bringing Hoppa up would be a terrible move, we both agreed last week that he is no where near ready for NRL level

Fro, we can debate his pay compared to delivery each game, and plenty don't match up, but what we can say is he has delivered us a Premiership, so we can't say that is too little

If we want to debate the fact that he wasn't the main player in delivering that Premiership, that is fine. But it is funny how when we lose a game, it always rests solely at Orfords feet, when we win however, it is always other people, never Orford that played the key role

Kiwi, Orford didn't play the key role in the GF win.  The whole team played very well.  However his form is poor this season and has been for months.  If he is to be designated the play maker then I wish he'd do it, not freeze when in attack.  That's the point.  OK forget Hoppa, but could Cherry Evans play any more poorly?   

It was unusual for Ox not to be at the conference, although its always nice to see Brent, he has a lovely smile. My theory is there may have been a spat between Des & Ox after the game, and Ox spat the proverbial and so des oxstracised Ox. This is all speculation of course.

Maybe Ox couldn't attend because he had to do extra push-ups after the game. The theory I heard that I like best, though, is that he was so gutted by the loss that he just wouldn't come out. The way he stayed slumped on the ground in total despair after that final lost ball spoke a lot for the guy's passion. He clearly feels responsible for guiding the team to victory, and imo he was not to blame for the loss.

The main factor in the loss was of course a few whopping flukes from the tigs that they could never reproduce in a month of of mnf.

I want to move on, but face facts SeaEagle8, the little man guided us to that loss.  Remeber he's the captain and playmaker.  Now I'll move on to next weeks game which we will win, and win well.  Those big arsed forwards better play through those rabbit morons. 

He has guided us to all our wins and losses, or nearly all, because often enough he plays through pain to take the field when lesser men would stay in bed.

Meanwhile . . . big-arsed forwards? rabbit morons? I wonder these days if I really know who you are. (then I remember I don't)

DSM5 link said:
We have a half in the U20s who could handle the job.  If your hero was injured Garts, what would you do?  Cry about it.  No?  I imagine you'd come up with someone in our squad to put the ball in the scrum and pass it to the next guy.  Other squads are promoting players from their U20s and if we can put up with Big T wandering about on the wing, then there's others who deserve a go.  I'd even go further and promote Hoppa into the fullback role and put Robbo back on the wing.  But then again, I want to make the top four.     

If you think we would stand a greater chance of winning with Cherry Evans at half you seriously should be committed.  I agree that Orford is not performing well but to throw in a young half would send us further down the ladder. 

Garts link said:
[quote author=DSM5 link=topic=181254.msg235039#msg235039 date=1249371225]

If you think we would stand a greater chance of winning with Cherry Evans at half you seriously should be committed.  I agree that Orford is not performing well but to throw in a young half would send us further down the ladder. 
[/quote]

And just what is wrong with Trent Hodkinson from the Sunshine Coast Sea Eagles? He was sourced from Parra by Crusher as a back up for Orford if he was injured or whatever and is part of our 25. Crusher must have seen something in his talent to consider him. He is also going great guns for the SCSE.

Garts link said:
If you think we would be better off with someone else at half you are seriously brain damaged.  And by someone else I mean that is already on our books.

I understand the point of not re-signing him for big cash but dumping him with no viable solution is just stupid, extrememly stupid. 

No its my opinion.  I think Orford is beyond his best and is on a HUGE decline.. we have Daly Evans and Hodkinson or even Foran who could do a job. You dont know if they can step up to it or not.. so its not stupid. However Orford has cost us so many games this season with stupid decisions and his kicking game is poor.

Obviously if we dump him we would have to get someone else. But as to who? thats not my job.. Crusher and Co should have a viable option already. If your enjoying his performances this year then.. lucky you for not updating your glass lenses.

KaZa link said:
[quote author=Garts link=topic=181254.msg235036#msg235036 date=1249370624]

No its my opinion.  I think Orford is beyond his best and is on a HUGE decline.. we have Daly Evans and Hodkinson or even Foran who could do a job. You dont know if they can step up to it or not.. so its not stupid. However Orford has cost us so many games this season with stupid decisions and his kicking game is poor.

Obviously if we dump him we would have to get someone else. But as to who? thats not my job.. Crusher and Co should have a viable option already. If your enjoying his performances this year then.. lucky you for not updating your glass lenses.
[/quote]

i would counter that with he won a lot of games through the origin period with a sub performing team. And then there is the premiership. He has the ability, he has shown the ability this year and by the looks of it all he needs is the touch back. Maybe he is trying too hard out there.

KaZa link said:
[quote author=Garts link=topic=181254.msg235036#msg235036 date=1249370624]

[/quote]

Your opinion is wrong :) Besides I cant take anything you say about Orford seriously when you still have a special tissue with Monas name on it. 

'Trying to hard'?  wtf does that mean?  The guy is just out of form.  If he was anybody else in the team he'd be rested or in the Qld Cup team.  We do have backup halves.  We have back up front rowers as well.  We don't have to use Hall or Orford.   

I agree with Hall but Orford handles the ball the most out of anyone in the side so taking him out of the side disrupts things a great deal more than Hall.  To be fair he is setting quite a few tries up as well, all of Chocs breaks were off his balls.

Like I said I do agree that he is down on form but when you consider all things I think we would be much worse off if we dropped him for Cherry-Evans or Hodkinson.  If Hodkinson was so good I doubt they would be have offered Orford a contract or at least only a 1 year deal. 

I'm not normally one for a spray.... normally i carry on about King, Watmough or Stewart etc - i like to focus on the positives......

BUT.......

Some of you guys are an absolute DISGRACE.  You know who you are - no need to name people etc.

When you go to work, does your manager sack you because you had a bit of a lazy day, or you didn't perform over a few weeks?  Or do they measure you on 6-monthly/yearly KPI's?

Last i checked, Matt Orford captained our team to a 40-o victory in last years grand final, captained our victory in the world club challenge, won Dally M Player of the year...... and NOT ONLY THAT, but we had a crap start to our year (EVERYONE on this site agrees to the fact that our start was inspired by the Season Launch debacle, and the loss of Snake....) hell, we were suopposed to drop everyone and start building for next year in Round 10 (Dan....???)

Form is temporary, Class is permenant lads.  Get off your bloody high horse for a minute, and judge Ox on his yearly KPI's - think about this form, a strategic, business sense for a bloody minute.  We are in the top 8 still, we are reigning champions, B Stewart is still due back..... and we are going to win the bloody comp! 

Positives - Did anyone notice that Ox's line dropouts have finally improved?  I sat on the 40-metre line of this game, and watched each one sail through the air (made for a nice change).  Even his attempted drop goal shot had some serious hang time - would have been an amazing drop goal from our leader.  His place kicking has been very good this year too....

I am not the biggest fan of Matt Orford - never have been, never will be.  But FOR GOD's SAKE - do you want to just death-ride our bloody team, or do you want to support it?  I Was surrounded by FOOLS at the game who spent the whole match giving a running commentary of each ofg our players weaknesses - yelling at our players - paying them out - and they were all MANLY FANS (supposedly at least).

Time for you boys to make a bloody decision:
1. Keep on with your crappy attitude and lack of faith (and go support the bloody eels for all i care)
2. Or start SUPPORTING your team.  Have FAITH in Des' ability as a coach (i sure as hell do).

Spray over - i will accept your Smite's, and get back on focussing ono the positives.....

Cheers for putting up with it!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6