Latu Fainu

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

47MVEagle

Bencher
There’s a saying in business … culture eats strategy for breakfast.

Long term team shift at play here to get away from the gang rubbish?
It could certainly be that.

Just positing something here…perhaps Latu has displayed certain characteristics similar to Manase that the club don’t want to take a chance on?

Manase was in trouble for a couple of minor things before the stabbing incident (posting nude images online of a girl without her permission was one I recall).

Maybe Latu has displayed a similar lack of discipline/etiquette & along with pressure from Tartak, the club has decided to cut their losses & let the remaining Fainus go?

bringbackbeaver

Reserve Grader

Just positing something here…perhaps Latu has displayed certain characteristics similar to Manase that the club don’t want to take a chance on?

Manase was in trouble for a couple of minor things before the stabbing incident (posting nude images online of a girl without her permission was one I recall).

Maybe Latu has displayed a similar lack of discipline/etiquette & along with pressure from Tartak, the club has decided to cut their losses & let the remaining Fainus go?
Yep. You don’t hold onto a toxic group no matter how good they are . They will eventually eat away at trust in the team and destroy it from the inside

Hopefully this story is all hog wash and there’s no truth to it. But if it’s true , and this bloke is so talented , I respected the powers that made the call IF they have deemed the culture / long term performance will suffer keeping the Fainu’s

If they have screwed up the financials , and that’s the reason .. well , that’s a different story and we should be out for blood

XV-1

First Grader

Maybe they are making way for the other Johns son to join Cooper at Manly. Same agent as Spoonbold 🤮

Woodsie

Feast yer eyes ..
Tipping Member
Clearly some made up numbers here but makes me wonder how many of our players have ratchet clauses in their contracts. DCE definitely did in the past. With the cap going up 22% the clubs without ratchet clauses will be the big winners.

Not any more ... the players agents just agitate until an upgrade happens ... there is no such thing as a good deal for the clubs ...

Ryan

Journey Man

GOD I hope that's not the case. Don't get me wrong, you may be onto something, but ooof.

Thewestisbest

Reserve Grader

Do you have a shred of evidence to back up your discriminatory inference or is this just the rambling of a self entitled middle aged white dude?

Any example of Latu displaying a lack of discipline or etiquette will suffice.

Go back and watch Samuela receiving his debut jersey.

eaglebuzz

Bencher
If we are moving to purge the whole western syd gangster wannabes from the squad it will probably prove to be the right decision in the long term, but man it will hurt watching the talent walk out the door.

Hertera

Reserve Grader
I respected the powers that made the call IF they have deemed the culture / long term performance will suffer keeping the Fainu’s

What have these "powers" shown that give you any confidence? They all seem out of their depth starting with the owner.

I hope you are correct but I fear for our club we seem destined to be a bottom dweller just happy to participate but never contend.

Sad how low we have fallen.

Thewestisbest

Reserve Grader
If we are moving to purge the whole western syd gangster wannabes from the squad it will probably prove to be the right decision in the long term, but man it will hurt watching the talent walk out the door.
We better get rid of Haumole as well then hey? AFB - boy I feel for the Warriors having to take him off our hands. And thank goodness the Chooks were dumb enough to sign Spencer Leniu. Fortunately, we haven't got any of those Redfern types running around for us. I hear they can be a pretty wild mob those lads.

Will on the hill

Bencher
Tipping Member
Not any more ... the players agents just agitate until an upgrade happens ... there is no such thing as a good deal for the clubs ...
It's still a zero sum game. 17 clubs x $11.45M /510 players. For every player that is getting overs, someone is getting unders. Unfortunately we seem to be getting the short end of the stick more often than not.

Eagles4Life

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
What are we doing???? I’m seriously confused
It's difficult to say @Saabnaldo Mestrov needs to come forward and make a statement that clarifies exactly what we are doing. Things do look seriously confusing at the moment at Football Club Level. At the end of that day, I think it's critical that Mestrov steps up and explains the processes behind a lot of our recent decision-making.

Pepi

Bencher
What are we doing???? I’m seriously confused
That's the thing mate, no one on here really has a clue what is going on behind the scenes. It sucks losing young talent, but we don't see what happens at training or off the paddock...

At the end of the day we are fans with no experience running a football club but somehow we all know how to operate a successful team.

ManEagle

Just a Man and his Eagle
Whatever the truth, this is one of those rare occasions where the club, any club, needs to be transparent with their membership and fanbase if they value them at all.
Such a hyped young player and often in the mix when talking of the "future of the club"
If indeed true the membership and fanbase deserve more than just the half baked comment trotted out.

If the decision is made so be it, but give full disclosure why it was.

Eagles4Life

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Self flagellation would be more amusing than self gratification.
Boom boom. Definitely @Will on the hill
whip it good music video GIF

Saabnaldo

Reserve Grader
It's difficult to say @Saabnaldo Mestrov needs to come forward and make a statement that clarifies exactly what we are doing. Things do look seriously confusing at the moment at Football Club Level. At the end of that day, I think it's critical that Mestrov steps up and explains the processes behind a lot of our recent decision-making.
We are giving away our future

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
11 9 2 82 20
11 8 3 112 18
11 8 3 75 18
11 7 4 65 16
12 7 5 135 14
12 7 5 57 14
11 6 5 -9 14
11 6 5 -38 14
12 6 5 36 13