Latu Fainu

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I thought he signed a new contract until the end of 2024 I read that over a year ago. You seem to be in the "know"
But I'm going off what I read when latu re signed .

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230702-212724_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20230702-212724_Samsung Internet.jpg
    175.7 KB · Views: 75
@danno101 can you please disclose what your relationship is to the Fainu brothers and their management agency Crown Sports already?

I've been here for 10 years and never come across contributions like yours that read like straight lifts out of a Daily Telegraph "shoosh" column, albeit with much worse grammar. Even more stunning given your account age and the timing of this in relation to the current contract status' of said players.

If you're here to influence opinion with a vested interest, I think it's best to disclose it to us "Manly fans" - interesting wording by the way, would you care to elaborate? It sounds like you are not a Manly Warringah Sea Eagles fan? Like I said after such a long time spent on Silvertails I personally have found it rare to get non fans contributing here outside of trolling, let alone ones with such focused subjects based on statements which can't be verified.

Any clarification would be appreciated, unless you're willing to actually contribute something of worth you can try influencing opinion for the honourable Mario Tartak at [email protected] :) it'll save him or any of the other bottom feeders coming here themselves like they usually do.

I thought he signed a new contract until the end of 2024 I read that over a year ago. You seem to be in the "know"
Can publicly negotiate, sign and subsequently agitate for an early release as of November 1 though ;)

That article is incorrect. Hop on nrl official page and look at manly players and it shows all manly players in top 30 and there contract end dates including players we recently signed. Shows samuela fainus contract ends 2023. Not the point tho, some guy was complaing that tartak was trying to upgrade samuelas contract and I was just saying it ends this year so what do you expect lol.

Attachments

• 1688298189527.png
    1688298189527.png
    11.5 KB · Views: 66
That article is incorrect. Hop on nrl official page and look at manly players and it shows all manly players in top 30 and there contract end dates including players we recently signed. Shows samuela fainus contract ends 2023. Not the point tho, some guy was complaing that tartak was trying to upgrade samuelas contract and I was just saying it ends this year so what do you expect lol.
That site also has Tuitavake and Fifita still contracted to us as well as not having Tui contract updated,it is hardly gospel.
It is the point if he is agitating for an upgrade as soon as his player plays one NRL game and still has a year to run.
This is the destabilising that people are talking about.
It is fine as he is doing the best for his client,but don't complain if Manly don't want to play the game anymore.

@danno101 can you please disclose what your relationship is to the Fainu brothers and their management agency Crown Sports already?

I've been here for 10 years and never come across contributions like yours that read like straight lifts out of a Daily Telegraph "shoosh" column, albeit with much worse grammar. Even more stunning given your account age and the timing of this in relation to the current contract status' of said players.

If you're here to influence opinion with a vested interest, I think it's best to disclose it to us "Manly fans" - interesting wording by the way, would you care to elaborate? It sounds like you are not a Manly Warringah Sea Eagles fan? Like I said after such a long time spent on Silvertails I personally have found it rare to get non fans contributing here outside of trolling, let alone ones with such focused subjects based on statements which can't be verified.

Any clarification would be appreciated, unless you're willing to actually contribute something of worth you can try influencing opinion for the honourable Mario Tartak at [email protected] :) it'll save him or any of the other bottom feeders coming here themselves like they usually do.
Manly fan who is close with fainu older brother leave it at that. I am not trolling. I have never met mario tartak. I just struggle to understand why all the hate for mario with no valid reason. Mario was bringing over really good young players to manly. Northern beaches local juniors are simply not good enough. No disrespect. Some person on here was saying mario was "destablising the club" and yet cant give a valid reason. I am still waiting.

I believe mestrov is making a very big mistake by release fainu bros because of a disagreement with there manager.

That site also has Tuitavake and Fifita still contracted to us as well as not having Tui contract updated,it is hardly gospel.
It is the point if he is agitating for an upgrade as soon as his player plays one NRL game and still has a year to run.
This is the destabilising that people are talking about.
It is fine as he is doing the best for his client,but don't complain if Manly don't want to play the game anymore.
Hop on dragons team list and you will see them there.

Haha yeah I know that was my point to danno but he knows more then me obviously I'm just a supporter that loves his club .

@danno101
IMHO, certain NRL player agents have become destabilising stains on the clubs they deal with and on the game of Rugby League as a whole.

It's not entirely their fault, though. I don't completely blame them for the tactics they employ regularly as effective but extremely dodgy player representatives, i.e. holding clubs to ransom under constant threat of player release, leaking confidential contract details, utilising insider information provided by club staff illegally, consistently breaching NRL contract rules etc etc.

Arguably, such practices are unethical and tantamount to blackmail and extortion over the clubs. I blame the NRL for enabling these player agents to game the system. I blame the NRL for not enforcing their own rules, when these rules are breached with seeming impunity by our more colourful agents.

It could further be argued that such practices destabilise the clubs they deal with and the game itself.

Hope this helps, mate.

Last edited:
Plenty of juggling no doubt required with the current roster but would like to see Zac Fulton retained
Thought that he was on the books until 2024 in any case .
Mobile enough to play in the centres at Blacktown also , not to place that much of a premium on that and unlikely to fulfill Crusher 's predication of being another Cam Murry type but a goer and looks like a handy player .
May as well give Dean Matterson a run at 13 in i st grade if the side can not improve much in coming weeks and still struggling a bit in certain positions and especially 13 or to give Zac a go there if his form is not too bad at Blactown
In reality Fulton is very average. Not big and lacks pace. He is courageous, but that is about all. Matterson is twice the player.

You were the one quoting NRL.com,what does it being on dragons site have to do with anything?
On nrl.com, on the dragons team you will see tuitavake and fifita there is what I was trying to say. This is all irrelevant, I was responding to some else. Samuelas contract ends this year and he wants an extension so tartak wanted to get said extension. I am still struggling to understand the "destablising" part. Every manager negotiates for the best deal for their client. That is normal with every single player and every club lol. Did you forget the daly cherry evans backflip saga 8 years ago?

Manly fan who is close with fainu older brother leave it at that. I am not trolling. I have never met mario tartak. I just struggle to understand why all the hate for mario with no valid reason. Mario was bringing over really good young players to manly. Northern beaches local juniors are simply not good enough. No disrespect. Some person on here was saying mario was "destablising the club" and yet cant give a valid reason. I am still waiting.

I believe mestrov is making a very big mistake by release fainu bros because of a disagreement with there manager.
Turbo bros would say otherwise chief

I'll tell you one thing about old Mario and Crown sports they have one hell of a word salad going on over there at their web page.

I mean if anyone is looking into representation just be aware that professional athletes

'are exposed to lucrative amounts of monetary and non-momentary incentives'

'nurturing friendships that steam beyond the football field.'

'quickly cultivated it into one of the most regarded agencies in Australia.'

Look I'm grateful for the fact that I'm a native English speaker in this country, and I've been privileged to have an education that allows me to communicate with the written word to a modestly above average level by most metrics. But I'm also grateful I have the humility to know if I don't know how to use a word, or use it properly I'll go with one, or a phrase, I'm comfortable with and not overreach.

Having said that...

Tartak does have some good young talent on his books. Talent that needs representation and like it or not humility isn't synonymous with great salesmen or I would imagine agents, and he's probably brash, he's had some success (not too much of a stretch to think maybe Entourage was in high rotation on the DVD player fifteen years ago) and he's no doubt getting pushback in the media from others with their own barrow to push.

And their own managers. All of whom are competing for the same pie.

As far as Manly are concerned Latu isn't shifting DCE in the next three years. Brooks is cheap for a 200 game half and Schuster will have less pressure and step straight into 6 next to Brooks when Cherry retires.

Seibold didn't sign Fainu and has experience with Dearden at the Broncos and seeing Walker who he wanted to play as a fullback get burned as a half at the chooks. You're going to burn Latu out playing him too early especially on big money at half with pressure from fans. I hope all four Fainus end up in first grade and happy.

The End it's lunch in the cricket. Not sure how I feel about that Carey run out. Good night my feathered fiends.

On nrl.com, on the dragons team you will see tuitavake and fifita there is what I was trying to say. This is all irrelevant, I was responding to some else. Samuelas contract ends this year and he wants an extension so tartak wanted to get said extension. I am still struggling to understand the "destablising" part. Every manager negotiates for the best deal for their client. That is normal with every single player and every club lol. Did you forget the daly cherry evans backflip saga 8 years ago?
I hope Sammy does a u-turn and the club offer him an extended deal, looks the goods and worth the investment.

Sounds a simple resolution to me though, get another agent and sign up with them if they really want to stay at the club.

No future in playing for a club on the bottom of the ladder for extra coin when they are so young, they would be better off staying and learning their craft off well seasoned and international players, particularly Latu, DCE and Turbo in the spine, won’t get that at the Tigers or Dolphin’s, that experience and shared knowledge is invaluable for their growth and long standing growth in the game.

Look at Bryce Cartwright and Tyrone Peachey took better dollars before establishing themselves and now playing on low coin.

Like them too stay but there needs to be middle ground and short term sacrifices for long term stability.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8
8 4 4 -60 8