Let the DCE rumours start again

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Daddycool08 said:
Yeah but who wants to play for the donkeys?

Players are boycotting that club if a previous article is to be believed.

Also, there is the Manly curse. Leave Manly and never taste glory again.

Word up here in Brisbane is that a high profile Manly player is going to be involved in a mid season transfer presumably to the Broncos. This comes from a normally reliable source. Hope he's dead wrong on this occasion.

Wonder if its Matty, he has said that he wants to get back to QLD. The first of his brood must be nearing school age :angel:

Don't know if the Broncos need a hooker now that Cam has turned them down.

If Cherry ever becomes a donkey I don't think I could stand to watch channel 9 QLD again. They're already saying 'Ben Barba's broncos' and he's only been here 5 minutes. Constant promotion of Cherry as a bongo would be dismal viewing.
Truly sucks that so much Nrl news is speculation about who's potentially going where for ridiculous amounts of money.

Being on the gold coast at least we get NBN and Ch7 Sydney news so we don't have to stomach that diarrhea that comes out of Brisbane sports news.

If Phil Lutton knows the poop on any deal then I'll eat my Members cap. He says Smith wasn't a good fit for the Broncs! I'll have whatever he's having thanks. And I love the way it is always about a Queenslander coming home. Pass the tissues. If DCE is looking at a move it will be to the highest bidder and the queue is going to be a very long one. The way Brisbane has screwed up their recruitment I think most players wouldn't see a move there as a positive.

We have, arguably, the number 1 no 7 in the game. If he is not the best then he is not far off and is appreciably younger than the other contenders

In NRL terms he is coming off contract relatively soon (anything in the next 2 years seems to get speculation these days)

Combine this with
- The almost 24 hour news cycle we are now on, and the need to fill pages with speculation when there is not much else to report on
- The role player agents play in manipulating the media on behalf of their client
- Other clubs using the media to suit their own purpose (i.e. to unsettle clubs etc)

Means you had better get used to hearing this up to the point he signs a new deal

Sheikheagle said:
Just on 2mmm from Brisbane correspondent that DCE has agreed to terms to stay with Manly for $1m a season. I think he said 2years.
That's just too much for a $6.45 million cap. We'll lose Gifty for sure now.

mickqld said:
Sheikheagle said:
Just on 2mmm from Brisbane correspondent that DCE has agreed to terms to stay with Manly for $1m a season. I think he said 2years.
That's just too much for a $6.45 million cap. We'll lose Gifty for sure now.

Unless the NRL is introducing some new rules that we don't know about. (about long term allowances)
If DCE has signed on this will be amazing news.

It is a 2 year extension at a reported $1m a year,which should take him through to end of 2017 from memory. The amusing thing is that no other club could table a formal offer till November because he is currently under contract. So rumours of big offers from the Broncos, were just that...rumours or rampant speculation.

On Triple M, Andrew Johns confirms that Manly are in discussions with Daly Cherry-Evans and Kieran Foran to extend their contracts #NRL

"He's the leader of the team... I think he'll stay" - Andrew Johns on Triple M re Glenn Stewart potentially leaving Manly #NRL

15.5% on 1 player is not feasible. Too many others will have to be sacrificed to suit and that will cause division especially if it's a long server.

mickqld said:
15.5% on 1 player is not feasible. Too many others will have to be sacrificed to suit and that will cause division especially if it's a long server.

Well if we sign up DCE and Foz long term and the NRL introduced new long term allowances we can still keep an array of good players. Most importantly we need a quality successor to snake (most likely Gutherson).

The storm post cheating built a consistent strong team with just 3 marquee players.

It is sad that Glenn may go, but it would not be good if Glenn, Matai, Lyon, Watmough, Brett, King and Ballin all retired the same year. It would take years to recover. We need to phase them out one or two at a time. Unfortunate that Glenn may be first to go, but how do you choose? I guess he is unlucky that he is coming off contract first. Chee Kam can step in next year and take over. Stewie will always be a manly legend though. Hope he can go out with another premiership.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2