Liam Foran

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Even if you drop the comparisons to others early on in their 1st grade career, then its still a no from me. The reason is that unless he becomes the next 14 then he as a half was shown to be just a little out of his grasp.

Take a look at the first half especially. His thinking when faced with attacking options was dreadful. It almost cost us the match. Defensive efforts admirable, but you cant win premierships with defensive halves, you win them with calm thinkers.

Why would you put him on the bench when Buhrer can fill in for Ballin and Gift or Luon can fill in at 6?

He's tried hard each game, done what was asked of him but hasn't shown anything that gets him in a fully fit 17. Not saying never, just saying not now.

I wouldnt have him on the bench. He doesnt fit. Im not being hard on the bloke. He tried his guts out. My only point is unless an opportunity presented itself for a bench spot then I couldnt have him as anything other than depth.

Kiwi Eagle said:
my preferred option tonight would have been Lyon at 6 and Whare centre

Probably mine too and then when Wolfman went off injured, Killer could have gone back to his normal centre position, Whare out to wing and Jamie Buhrer could have gone into the 5/8 spot.

Nthn NSW said:
Crusher_Cleal said:
Why is he so much uglier than Kieran though?

Could pass as Laurie Daley's love child
There was a Four Corners report on 'Kids who were hiding behind the door when the good looks were being handed out'.

Liam was one of the featured subjects.:cool:

Fro said:
He's 24, not a kid in footballing terms, hes 3 years older than his brother.

having said that he is not in our team if everyone is available, but depth wins comps, and he can play when needed.

Handy to hang on to if he isnt too expensive.

Craig field's manager said "they've sausaged the kid" when Wests let him go. The kid was about 31 at the time.

Foran is solid and doing what he can! We won't win a premiership with him at 5/8 but he isn't the 5/8 we usually have! Jamie has to play at centre. Lyon and Glenn just kill it together.

A fully fit 17 won't include Liam but at a second level contract he did okay. His defence is sound and kicks well. His attack is pedestrian and probably why at 24 he has had loads of clubs and so few NRL starts. While I rate Riccardi this type of game may not been the best to drop him in. Liam looked fine with the pressure.

When everyone is fit, he isn't in the 17 but how often is everyone fit?

Buhrer is the #1 utility that covers everywhere but front row and fullback. If he has to start and we need to cover for Keiran or Ballin then Liam is a capable back up. If Keiran is out then Liam starts at 6. If Ballin is out, and we need Buhrer in the starting side, then Liam is the #14.

Keep him in the 17 until the paperwork is complete ... :D

Seriously though, I think he's fine. Everyone doesn't have to be a star.

liam needs to improve his short kicking game his solid defence makes him handy possible utilty or lock. Possible hooker too definatley have him oon bench instead of lussic.

I think he is a 'slow burner', not a 'firecracker' like his brother, and hopefully Liam will be with us for several years to come.

There were enormous wraps on both of them before they made their respective 1st grade debuts. The luck has fallen Kieran's way, but I think his brother still has plenty to offer and he will prove his value.

I thought Liam had a solid game last night, particularly in defence. Mind you, the sort of game that last night was, not many from either side showed much in attack. Liam may not be in our best 17, but I reckon as a third or even fourth halves option, we are doing quite fine.

If DCE gets picked for Origin, he may be teaming up around the scrum base with his brother.

I believe with Taufua and Whare regarded back up fullbacks, L Foran has become a more relevant back up utility behind Buhrer that Ben Farrar had originally been regained for. Therefore no need to re-sign Farrar as he only came back from ESL on a 1yr Contract.

Liam did alright, and came back after a dreadful performance v the tits (along with most of the team). At this stage he did as much as could be expected. potential utility player for the backrow/halves or hooker. these games will stand him in good stead if and when we need the depth.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2