Liam Foran

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Garts said:
Nope disagree Kiwi, we are his 4th club and he is 24. Nothing like the guys you have mentioned above. If you want to try and compare someone who kicked on after a number of clubs and at a later age use someone like Hall to back up your argument.

Yet the clubs he makes 1st grade is along the likes of Cronk, Slater, Smith, Stewart, Lyon & Ballin.

Re: Later development. I tend to think forwards develop later. Backs should be ok pretty young.

That being said, he doesn't look out of place. I thought some of his play inspired tonight (defensively).

Kiwi Eagle said:
Garts said:
Nope disagree Kiwi, we are his 4th club and he is 24. Nothing like the guys you have mentioned above. If you want to try and compare someone who kicked on after a number of clubs and at a later age use someone like Hall to back up your argument.

Don't really care what his age is or how many clubs tbh, he is still just 6 games into a career which isn't enough to properly judge anything imo

Fair enough, but is he starting 17 at full strength? That is what I am getting at. So many posters blew a wad over him after then Panthers game when he was just solid.

Good depth but no where near starting 17 at full strength

Garts said:
Kiwi Eagle said:
Garts said:

Don't really care what his age is or how many clubs tbh, he is still just 6 games into a career which isn't enough to properly judge anything imo

Fair enough, but is he starting 17 at full strength? That is what I am getting at. So many posters blew a wad over him after then Panthers game when he was just solid.

If we went back to a utility on the bench, I think he could have a role, but no.

Tonight was my 1st proper look at him tbh, havent been able to get right into the footy this year. With an inexperienced half I am more than happy if they come on and show ticker and good defensive qualities and he has shown that, actually all of them that we have had have come in like that, Hodkinson, DCE, and both Forans

After saying all that, my prefered option tonight would have been Lyon at 6 and Whare centre

SwornEagle said:
Would be good as an impact hooker off the bench, much like Stranger was used in '08.

Yes, Liam defends ok and has a good left boot but would be a good reserve player IMHO.
I would however rate Heath L'estrange a much better ball player than Liam.
The stranger was pretty creative and gave Ballin a bit of a break & a rest when needed.

How awesome was Matty tonite making 53 tackles.

Definitely has potential to come off bench and fill in at hooker giving Ballin a spell. His kicking game out of dummy half would be killer.

His long kicking game was important tonight. Only real complaint was his missed tackle on Barba.

I think he played well I was at the game and didn't have to listen to bias commentary, he was in everything.

Also guys we are going to lose a few good players next year so he may HAVE to play in the starting 17. I think he will do well.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4