List the genuine stars we have signed since 2011

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Unless your the Roisters, its more getting the balance with grain fed rookies, a few bargain players, depth and a sprinkling of Superstars....Manly actually have this pretty spot on, bar the issue 3-4 of the best players spend more time on the sidelines than on the field....

Hahaha can you tell me the story i forgot. Is he the one who jumped off a boat or ferry and swam to shore and hitch-hiked ? Nate 'poo in the hall way naked' myles
The two best stories are that bloke who chased pearce and threw up on him hahaha and gasniers text messages LOL fire up you sad **** LOLLLLL

Haha as far as I can recall, it was when O'Neil was at Souths & they were in a country town for a pre-season trial.

After the game the boys got stuck into the beers & after a night of debauchery, which included attempting to indecently propose to the motel owner's wife & trashing several rooms, O'Neil called reception asking to be connected to one of the other players' rooms & amidst fits of laughter uttered the immortal line "I shat in Schlossie's shoe!"

"Schlossie" being his team mate Jeremy Schloss.

Gower, the plod, O’Neil and co. How bout a rep side of degenerates 1-17 of players who have famously got themselves into for want of a better term s*%#. I’m sure there’s someone on here who can put together a side with accompanying evidence of said indiscretion.

Haha as far as I can recall, it was when O'Neil was at Souths & they were in a country town for a pre-season trial.

After the game the boys got stuck into the beers & after a night of debauchery, which included attempting to indecently propose to the motel owner's wife & trashing several rooms, O'Neil called reception asking to be connected to one of the other players' rooms & amidst fits of laughter uttered the immortal line "I shat in Schlossie's shoe!"

"Schlossie" being his team mate Jeremy Schloss.
But for a terrible family tragedy, O’Neill could have been a Manly star. He started out on the Northern Beaches.

From memory - his mother was a nurse. One night she drove home to Warriewood (when Julian was a youngster), before realising she had not returned some keys before leaving the private hospital where she worked on the North Shore. She was killed in a car accident on that fateful return trip.

His father, a doctor (possibly a surgeon), died within about 6-12 months of his wife’s death of what might be termed a broken heart. Julian was subsequently raised by his grandmother.

Maybe it would be best to drop any further reference to the shoe incident..

Last edited:
But for a terrible family tragedy, O’Neill could have been a Manly star. He started out on the Northern Beaches.

From memory - his mother, a nurse, drove home to Warriewood (when Julian was a youngster), before realising she had not returned some keys, before leaving the private hospital where she worked on the North Shore. She was killed in a car accident on that fateful return trip.

His father, a doctor (possibly a surgeon), died within about 6-12 months of his wife’s death of what might be termed a broken heart. Julian was subsequently raised by his grandmother.

Thats such a sad story. Cant imagine how tough that would of been.

From memory - his mother, a nurse, drove home to Warriewood (when Julian was a youngster), before realising she had not returned some keys, before leaving the private hospital where she worked on the North Shore. She was killed in a car accident on that fateful return trip.

Never knew that, maybe that explains a lot. Sad story. Thanks for sharing @Terry Zarsoff

Never knew that, maybe that explains a lot. Sad story. Thanks for sharing @Terry Zarsoff
What makes it worse is Julian oniells daughter (toddler) was killed when their television fell down on top of her. I remember reading it in the paper just post his retirement and it has always stuck with me. I get anxious when my son is fooling around near the tv

We don't want to become like the dog's. Chomping at the bit to sign every half decent or good player that comes on the market.

From memory - his mother was a nurse. One night she drove home to Warriewood (when Julian was a youngster), before realising she had not returned some keys before leaving the private hospital where she worked on the North Shore. She was killed in a car accident on that fateful return trip.

Wow, I knew about his daughter but not his parents, that's very sad indeed.

I also knew he went to Riverview high school but not that he was originally from the northern beaches.

All great points. I'm more thinking out loud have we become a destination that big names won't consider, or is all this a by-product of DCE?
We used to have no trouble poaching a player or two.

I'm not saying either way is the right way, but most clubs that win a comp tend to do it within a year or two of signing a marquee name or two.

Ah well my views on that train of thought is that, if we had 800k-1 mil spare we would have no problem attracting players.

We have a strong roster, desirable location, premiership winning coach.

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
11 7 4 59 14
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 -10 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11
10 4 6 15 10
10 5 5 -13 10