List the genuine stars we have signed since 2011

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Interesting thread, but how about the genuine stars that have come through the grades since 2011? Growing them is better than signing them.

and yes keeping them is better than stupidly letting them go to parra, Storm, Warriors etc

Yes please if you can. Because that is crap as one single reason why our buying ability is down.
Ok, here you go buddy, here's a hypothetical.

Would Tedesco sign a 1M contract and no TPA with Manly or would he sign a 1M contract plus a 300k/year TPA and a few holes of golf with Politis at the Roosters?

Would Luke Keary sign a 900K contract with Manly or a 900K contract plus a 250K/year TPA and a few holes of golf with Politis at the roosters? Which is what he just did today.

Because that is what is happening all over the NRL.

Last edited:
Ok, here you go buddy, here's a hypothetical.

Would Tedesco sign a 1M contract and no TPA with Manly or would he sign a 1M contract plus a 300k/year TPA and a few holes of golf with Politis at the Roosters?

Would Luke Keary sign a 900K contract with Manly or a 900K contract plus a 250K/year TPA and a few holes of golf with Politis at the roosters? Which is what he just did today.

Because that is what is happening all over the NRL.
2 extreme buys buddy...lots of other players moving around and none coming to Manly, buddy

But for a terrible family tragedy, O’Neill could have been a Manly star. He started out on the Northern Beaches.

From memory - his mother was a nurse. One night she drove home to Warriewood (when Julian was a youngster), before realising she had not returned some keys before leaving the private hospital where she worked on the North Shore. She was killed in a car accident on that fateful return trip.

His father, a doctor (possibly a surgeon), died within about 6-12 months of his wife’s death of what might be termed a broken heart. Julian was subsequently raised by his grandmother.

Maybe it would be best to drop any further reference to the shoe incident..
Didn’t he lose a child as well? Was he the one where the TV fell on the infant? Might be wrong.

I think your years are out we won 2011 so you’re not going to sign a superstar the next year. We lost 2013 GF so again I don’t think you have the capacity to go out and sign a big name the next year, unless losing one which we didn’t. You’re probably looking at more 2015-2020.

2015 -
Loses (7) - Tyson Andrews, Daniel Harrison, Jason King, Jack Littlejohn, Tony Satini, Glenn Stewart, Anthony Watmough

Gains (6) - Luke Burgess, Blake Leary, Willie Mason, Feleti Mateo, Ligi Sao, Brayden Williame

Debuts (2) - Jake Trbojevic, Tom Trbojevic

The ending of an era, the losses of Stewart, King and Watmough were huge. The later 2 were always going to be hard to replace as they were lost so late in 2014.

2016 -
Loses (14) - Matt Ballin, Chayse Blair, Michael Chee Kam, Kieran Foran, James Hassan, Clinton Gutherson, Peta Hiku, Jayden Hodges, Justin Horo, Dunamis Lui, Willie Mason, Ligi Sao, Jesse Sene Lafoa, David Williams

Gains (13) - Lewis Brown, Addin Fonua Blake, Pita Godinet, Nathan Green, Api Koroisau, Darcy Lussick, Nate Myles, Matt Parcel, Marty Tapau, Siosaia Vave, Dylan Walker, Frank Winterstein, Matthew Wright

Debuts (3) - William Bainbridge, Liam Knight, Brad Parker

Massive turnover of players and recruitment covered the departures pretty well, Myles was no doubt a dud but I think at the time of signing he was looked at as the BK sort of signature we needed. I think there would of been as many reservations about BK initially as well, you win some you lose some. The major blight is not covering a 5/8 which is still haunting us.

2017 -
Loses (14) - Jamie Buhrer, Luke Burgess, Pita Godinet, Nathan Green, Liam Knight, Jamie Lyon, Steve Matai, Feleti Mateo, Matt Parcell, Josh Starling, Brett Stewart, Tom Symonds, Siosaia Vave, Brayden Williame

Gains (10) - Cameron Cullen, Blake Green, Jackson Hastings, Brian Kelly, Jarrad Kennedy, Shaun Lane, Lloyd Perrett, Curtis Sironen, Kelepi Tanginoa, Akuila Uate

Debuts (1) - Joey Lussick

The end of our champion team, the last players of those great teams all retired. Losing such a wealth of experience the team made it into the finals which was a great effort. We placed as high as 3rd on the ladder at the halfway point that season. Big key was Green as a genuine half.

2018 -
Loses (8) - William Bainbridge, Cameron Cullen, Blake Green, Jarrad Kennedy, Brenton Lawrence, Darcy Lussick, Joey Lussick, Nate Myles

Gains (8) - Lachlan Croker, Jack Gosiewski, Trent Hodkinson, Tof Sipley, Moses Suli, Joel Thompson, Johnathon Wright

Debuts (3) - Manase Fainu, Taniela Paseka, Tom Wright

Thompson was a good signing, consistent 1st grader. Again we never really replaced 5/8.

2019 -
Loses (9) - Lewis Brown, Jackson Hastings, Brian Kelly, Shaun Lane, Akuila Uate, Frank Winterstein, Jonathon Wright, Matthew Wright, Tom Wright

Gains (6) - Morgan Boyle, Kane Elgey, Brendan Elliot, Reuben Garrick, Sean Keppie, Corey Waddell

Debuts (3) - Cade Cust, Abbas Miski, Haumole Olakauatu

Interesting Des coming in he didn’t make as many changes as Barrett. No superstars either way. Hopefully a couple blooded.

2020 -
Loses (5) - Kane Elgey, Trent Hodkinson, Api Koroisau, Lloyd Perrett, Kelepi Tanginoa

Gains (1) - Danny Levi

Debuts (1) - Tevita Funa

Even less movement from Des this season. Either the salary cap penalties made it hard for him or he is very confident with this squad.

Big Name Loses

Jason King
Glen Stewart
Anthony Watmough
Matt Ballin
Kieran Foran
Clinton Gutherson
Jamie Buhrer
Jamie Lyon
Steve Matai
Brett Stewart
Blake Green
Api Koroisau

Big Name Signings or (Re Signings)

Daly Cherry Evans
Tom Trbojevic
Jake Trbojevic
Addin Fonua Blake
Martin Tapau
Dylan Walker
Curtis Sironen
Akuila Uate
Blake Green
Api Koroisau
Joel Thompson

I think the fact we have neglected to have a genuine 5/8 during the majority of those years has been our downfall in recruitment, in saying that I do like the look of young Cust and hopefully he continues his development.

That's well put together @ShakeySeaEagle

I must admit I almost shed a tear as I read the players from our superstar team depart one by one...

I know right we did so well to keep that core group together for as long as we did. Credit to those players for taking unders and valuing on field success. Acknowledging that they need teammates to win comps and it’s not all just about the individual.

Maybe not a star....yet....but young Staines from Penrith has his manager open to discussion about his future.
A genuine flyer.... great on the wing with the bonus of playing fullback also, well worth a look
Useless piece of trivia - Charlie Staines’ grandfather worked with my dad and lived with his family (including Charlie’s dad) on the same farm I grew up on in the 70s and 80s out at Forbes , so I’m watching his progress with great interest.

Keary & Ikuvalu never played for Manly???
Keary’s junior clubs were Kellyville Bushrangers, Hills District Bulls.....returned to QLD before signing for Rabbitohs NYC team & progressing to 1st grade. Ikuvalu played for Gosford Storm & Erina Eagles before signing with Roosters.
Just FYI Ikuvalu played NYC in 2013 with Jake (terrible team finished bottom or near bottom the table that year) and NSW Cup in 2014 for Manly. Keary played SG Ball in 2011 in another dreadful team. Recruitment at the time felt Josh Drinkwater was the superior half so let him walk.
keary Manly ball 2011.png

Keary playing Ball
Untitled.png

Ikuvalu playing NSW Cup for Manly

Just FYI Ikuvalu played NYC in 2013 with Jake (terrible team finished bottom or near bottom the table that year) and NSW Cup in 2014 for Manly. Keary played SG Ball in 2011 in another dreadful team. Recruitment at the time felt Josh Drinkwater was the superior half so let him walk.
View attachment 15277
Keary playing Ball
View attachment 15278
Ikuvalu playing NSW Cup for Manly
Yeah thanx mate.....read that when I researched deeper.

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11
10 4 6 15 10