Lowie's Letter Box Sponsorship Pamphlet Drop

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Darren

Bencher
Maybe we could do this:

Dear Sir/Madam, due to the high interest in our major sponsorship we would like to encourage you to apply for usage on our jumper.
Benefits:
Currently, we have the worst ground in the NRL, please don't bring your clients if it rains. Our corporate boxes have been historically very small so please don't bring anyone over 60kg as they won't fit.
Our head coach likes to "remain under the radar" so please don't tell anyone about our club, or your sponsorship. This way we can sneak up the ladder and make the grand final and no-one will know.
Our upper management team consists of a media personality (please don't think Russell type) with under 5 ratings on a radio show. Myself, I have had a range of jobs including driving a taxi.
We know you will see great benefit in providing one million dollars of your cash each year. We also advertise on an obscure NZ tv station (all in Maori language) so don't worry, it won't affect your business. We don't play much on prime time Friday nights (that goes to David's Roosters and the Saints)

Best wishes  ########

It's a pity circuses have gone out of fashion as in their heyday they'd be queuing up to be associated with our brand the way it is currently.

Another, less cynical spin, would be the potential of the brand and sponsorship

Talk about flogging a dead horse - Darren we get your point of view

And we have the best supporter website in the NRL where the truth will never be silenced.

There is a fair difference between truth and trotting out garbage like this

lsz link said:
There is a fair difference between truth and trotting out garbage like this

Current topic excepted (plus a few other topics as well).

Although a good suggestion as it would at least keep Lowey and Zorba fit.

The whole issue with this thread, is that I actually believed Lowe would really letter box drop to attain a major sponsor, and thought this was legitimate ! LoL.

Hey, it's the way things were done in the 70's.

That sounds very anti manly,i know Lowe is seen as a douche and i get it,he has done nothing of note so far,im getting happier every day,the season is COMING!

Darren link said:
Just having alaugh guys, not much happiness here at present

Footies your passion dude. Your allowed to get fired up one way or another. It's your right.

Lowe sang a song in a bar in Auckland last year,for the supporters (and did OK).Had a few photo ops,and shook some hands.We all thought this might be the start of a new era.Obviously not!Maybe he could retain his gig at NZ bars,and let a professional CEO,with no ties to the club,take over.

Interestingly I got a rates bill from Parramatta Council for a property I own out there at the end of last year, and in it was an application form to join the Parramatta NRL club.  Seemed like a very good idea to me.   

Well.. some positive news from a long term member family - we got a call from Mrs Krilich yesterday who offered us a voucher for the shop because we signed up so early. Nice.

DSM5 link said:
Interestingly I got a rates bill from Parramatta Council for a property I own out there at the end of last year, and in it was an application form to join the Parramatta NRL club.  Seemed like a very good idea to me.   

So did you join up DSM?

DSM5 link said:
Interestingly I got a rates bill from Parramatta Council for a property I own out there at the end of last year, and in it was an application form to join the Parramatta NRL club.  Seemed like a very good idea to me.    
That'll work for us DSM5 .....with the terrific relationship the Sea Eagles enjoy with Warringah council. Lol.

Darren, I'm with you mate. We are falling behind.
FFS, a team that hasn't even been admitted into the NRL already has a major sponsor but we can't snare one? Something is terribly wrong, and it aint the economy.
Clean out required at SE head office. Pronto. I can see us being this seasons laughing stock.

[quote author=ayjay007 link=topic=186300.msg312405#msg312405 date=1295439818]
Lowe sang a song in a bar in Auckland last year,for the supporters (and did OK).Had a few photo ops,and shook some hands.We all thought this might be the start of a new era.Obviously not!Maybe he could retain his gig at NZ bars,and let a professional CEO,with no ties to the club,take over

Maybe Manly Idol would work!!

Don't cry for me Manly,
The truth is,
I could never help you,

While I am still (impatiently) waiting for Lowe to do something about a major sponsor, I can't help but feel Darren's thread may be quite damaging to the cause. If I had wads of cash and was considering in sponsoring the club, I would probably do a bit of research. I may even view a supporters website to get an insight into what the interests and demographics of my potential new client base may be. When I get there, I find a thread rubbishing the club, the brand, and questioning what value there is in sponsoring said club. Wouldn't exactly have me breaking my neck to pick up the phone.

True Mosto I agree, but anyone with a million dollars is usually pretty cluey and want MASSIVE bang for their buck!! It 's pretty close but we do have the
1. worst ground in the NRL
2. We all know what rain does to Brookie (mud bowl)
3. Horrendous seating for corporates ( I sat in the Jane Try stand box last year and too small)
4. There is a real perception from alot of fans about the "radar" thing and this is okay for the team but not great for publicity
5. Loss of Grant Mayer (enough said)
6. Little positive publicity (except dinky local rag Manly Daily)
7. Hardly on prime time Friday nights

These things wouldn't be far off the mark. Trust me, I hate where we are at at the moment. It worries me greatly, we seem like a sinking ship. Even Bears have million dollar sponsor (today's tele)

Couldn't agree more on all points Darren. Just think we should be highlighting the positives of being involved with the club rather than the negatives. You never know who's viewing ;)

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8