luke patten - video ref

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Glad to see this thread. Just finished watching the game.

There is NO way he should be in the box for dogs games. He was biased against us when we played the dogs and was so again against the storm.

Shoulder charge - definitely, we all know it was.

Reynolds - no one can believe that wasn't even a sin bin.

Storm 1 metre out, release is called, player is thrown to the ground - again commentators can't believe no penalty (that one isn't pattens fault but shows the bias dogs get, that dogs supporters always claim they don't)

Storm player grabbed and pulled down from behind, no penalty at all.

We've all seen (heard) the 3rd umpire cut in plenty of times changing ref's decisions but really (and I've muddled my points here) Patten has showed enough and time after time that it is better if he doesn't adjudicate on dogs games.

He...is...biased.

Edit: Also in the second half, barba regathers on own goal line, runs behind a player and the resulting play ends up 60 mtrs upfield. Not Pattens fault (who is too busy proving he's a tosser on twitter) but just another example of the 'blind eye to bulldogs' senarios.

Good points there mate and all us Dogs fans thought Reynolds should have been sent to the bin but hey there are 2 refs and 2 linesmen out there, You would have through one would have seen the incident.

Shoulder charge not picked up by any on field official so I am guessing they thought it was OK.

As for being biased don't believe to be the case.

Guzzler said:
Good points there mate and all us Dogs fans thought Reynolds should have been sent to the bin but hey there are 2 refs and 2 linesmen out there, You would have through one would have seen the incident.

Shoulder charge not picked up by any on field official so I am guessing they thought it was OK.

As for being biased don't believe to be the case.

You're right about all the ref's, of course (which is why I said that I'm muddling my rant) so some of my post whinges about ex players in the box, patten has no control over.

They looked at williams shoulder charge (the on field ref said) so the guys in the box ruled it to be ok. - which is a joke.

I think he is biased and his twitter feed of does nothing to convince me otherwise. Anything 50/50 will go towards his ex team. (good for you)

Cricket has neutral umps, so should the nrl games with 'ex-players'

That said, luke phillips shouldnt do manly games even though there is a fair disparity between # of games phillips did for manly and # of games patten did for canterbury.

Oh and a good morning and happy monday to you (as I sit here with my vodka and lemonade - I'm that tough, lol.)

edit: ex canterbury guy as ceo
ex canterbury players as refs....

all bodes well for canterbury for the next few years. (assuming they keep buying up other teams ex players) :p x 10000

You just wait till Todd Greenburg becomes a full time Ref whilst being the video ref.

We can't possibly lose a game then or can we, oh hang on we still have Tony Williams.

lol, Tony scored a try, so you're getting your money's worth!! *wink*

Hopefully todd's a nswelshman otherwise qld will win the next 40 series!!

Patten as a video ref in Dogs games is ludicrous. His bias is clear from his commentary on Grandstand. His 50/50 calls will naturally favour the dogs. And he's only given 50/50 calls to adjudicate.

Bias is over 90% unconscious. How many here believe they would call a Manly game unbiasedly even if trying their best?

Rex said:
Patten as a video ref in Dogs games is ludicrous. His bias is clear from his commentary on Grandstand. His 50/50 calls will naturally favour the dogs. And he's only given 50/50 calls to adjudicate.

Bias is over 90% unconscious. How many here believe they would call a Manly game unbiasedly even if trying their best?

I'd be great at it. Give me the gig.

Luke phillips played for the raiders, the cows, manly and the chooks. Who can he ref ???

Panash i'd hate to think what would happen if you were working at the rspca & some one brought in a stray bulldog.

would it be a case of let sleeping dogs lie.

BOZO said:
Video ref's are all f**king blind

If they were blind at least they could use that as an excuse for the dud calls. Which means they must just be bias or really really crap or both

anthonyb1965 said:
Somehow I don't think Patten could be that stupid?? Ongoing bias Bulldog calls would make for a short career no??

It certainly would shorten your career..but I'd put my money on Patten being that stupid. Just look at him!

luke_patten.jpg

mozgrame said:
anthonyb1965 said:
Somehow I don't think Patten could be that stupid?? Ongoing bias Bulldog calls would make for a short career no??

It certainly would shorten your career..but I'd put my money on Patten being that stupid. Just look at him!

I take it back...........OMG, a picture always speaks a thousand words!! :)

Show me how he is worse than any other ref and then I will think there is bias. Also I thought there were two ref's in the box now?

lsz said:
Show me how he is worse than any other ref and then I will think there is bias. Also I thought there were two ref's in the box now?

Your a marketing man lsz perception is reality.
Luke Patten was a one club man at the bulldogs while I don't think for one minute he cheats or favours the dogs it's a bad look and leaves the video refs wide open for their integrity to be questioned.

• 👍
Reactions: lsz

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8