Major sporting codes [including NRL] to back Voice to parliament

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
An absolute , and utter, complete ****ing nutter.

And to think we have her for 8 years , at about $500k a year.

**** me dead!!

I just don't see from the limited reading i have done what "The Voice" offers beyond what is already possible in promoting the needs and concerns to parliament of Indigenous people via a chosen group with a name now.

Why over complicate what is required, improve education levels, employment opportunities and treat others how you would like others to treat you so we all have a chance in life.

All these groups are just token gestures to be seen as doing something more than actually is done.

More educated Indigenous people coming through the ranks will inevitably lead to a greater voice that is respected more and taken seriously than a group that is fast tracked to have a voice.

Some will say having "The Voice" will lead to or promote more educated indigenous people to make the step up or feel more included but all you are doing is creating less unity by creating exclusive groups, next there will be a group for all minorities and sub groups to society leading to more fragmentation and "exclusiveness self importance pride" mentalities.

I
Some of the arguments I've seen put forward against the Voice do look a tad paternalistic. Acknowledging that there are problems specific to Indigenous Australians ... but unfortunately they just don't understand what would help them, so we will refuse their request because it's in their own interests (!)

As for "race based legislation" - I thought the whole point was to be a symbolic acknowledgement in the constitution of the racist theft of their land by European settlers? (racist because it was based on the racist 'terra nullius' fiction)

Also, arguments about how this is going to adversely affect all the non-Indigenous people are a bit hard to take seriously, imo. Are you seriously concerned that Aboriginal people are soon going to be exploiting and oppressing you? Come one, surely not! Just seems a bit like conspiracy fear mongering to me.

As to why the NRL and other sports would get involved, I agree that is a very good question, I can probably think of a couple of reasons but not that fussed really.

am probably looking at it somewhat through the prism of adversity against non indigenous. But that doesn't change my (intended) points, being that
  • This will not help indigenous persons
  • Legislation, and the law should be totally race blind and all persons treated equally under the law. No exceptions.
If it is merely a symbolic gesture(which is fine) why promote it as "The Voice" and all that is associated with this group.

Linking Terra Nullius with racism is stretching it big time in an overly simplistic way that creates more conflict than solves.

I just don't see from the limited reading i have done what "The Voice" offers beyond what is already possible in promoting the needs and concerns to parliament of Indigenous people via a chosen group with a name now.

Why over complicate what is required, improve education levels, employment opportunities and treat others how you would like others to treat you so we all have a chance in life.

All these groups are just token gestures to be seen as doing something more than actually is done.

More educated Indigenous people coming through the ranks will inevitably lead to a greater voice that is respected more and taken seriously than a group that is fast tracked to have a voice.

Some will say having "The Voice" will lead to or promote more educated indigenous people to make the step up or feel more included but all you are doing is creating less unity by creating exclusive groups, next there will be a group for all minorities and sub groups to society leading to more fragmentation and "exclusiveness self importance pride" mentalities.
Do you think the apology was just words?

Do you think the apology was just words?
To be completely honest, I think it was just words. I'm not sorry for things which happened 200 years ago and totally beyond my control. It was a political statement.

It's like the welcome to country addresses. Just words. Do you honestly think all of the indigenous communities are actually welcoming their invaders to stadiums to play football? And in the next breath crying out how racist we all are?

It's all BS

To be completely honest, I think it was just words. I'm not sorry for things which happened 200 years ago and totally beyond my control. It was a political statement.

It's like the welcome to country addresses. Just words. Do you honestly think all of the indigenous communities are actually welcoming their invaders to stadiums to play football? And in the next breath crying out how racist we all are?

It's all BS
I don't pretend to know what indigenous leaders think when doing a welcome to country. I've heard that it makes them feel like they matter and proud to be a good role model for the younger indigenous peoples.

Same with the apology, that felt heard and felt that what they went through was no longer hidden away.
I see both of these things as being about our indigenous sisters and brothers than about the majority.

Also the last mass shooting of Aboriginals was in the 1920's 95 years ago.

It's all BS
Can't get any clearer than that. When Peter Dutton is too much of a woke bleeding heart for you, it says it all really

Linking Terra Nullius with racism is stretching it big time in an overly simplistic way
Haha same goes for you obviously, but then again, no surprises at least.

Can't get any clearer than that. When Peter Dutton is too much of a woke bleeding heart for you, it says it all really

Haha same goes for you obviouIt's not about being left
It's not about being left (Woke), nor right on the spectrum of politics. I do believe in self responsibility, and freedom of speech and religion etc. But I'm sick of seeing political dribble on either side of the fence. But how much money is spent on wasteful projects which achieve nothing, or worse divide people by race as is proposed. Has the apology actually achieved anything? Are people in indigenous communities better off because of it? The voice referendum is going to cost 75 million dollars. Imagine what you could do with that money for the poorest. Imagine how many kids you could drag out of the lifestyle of abuse. Perhaps you might volunteer to actually get on ground and speak with indigenous elders and kids on the streets. I know I have, and almost all of them think it's a waste of time or they just think it's another white man's lie.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4