Manly 2008 vs Manly 2011

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I love the stat that since 2007 we have either won the comp or be knocked out by the eventual premiers.

If you can't beat manly you can't be premiers :)

08 was a sensational result but dont shoot when I add some vital facts.:argue:
That Storm team limped into the 08 GF & looked very,very tired & the Manly boys were primed on revenge & had the spring in the step.
No Cameron Smith & their dummy half that day was diabolical.
The Storms were flat as a tack & thats not taking away a massive defence the Eagles had on show.
Now
2011 opposition would have beaten anyone imo with that performance except Manly.
The Warriors went into the game all cylinders firing & primed & Manly put out the fire of aggression by returning serve before Outskilling (new word) them.
08 vs 11
Prefer 11's outside backs & halves. T Rex & Joe were massive in 11 though I still recall Perrys & Hallys gun 08 performances & possably Kites best game in the Gf.
I give the verdict to 2011 by 19-12 in a tough encounter.

Killer had great games in both 08 and 2011. Instrumental in both victories.

Head to head, i'd say Mark Bryant by a good 8cm.

;)
mozgrame said:
Killer had great games in both 08 and 2011. Instrumental in both victories.

Head to head, i'd say Mark Bryant by a good 8cm.

Watched the 2008 GF today, and rewatched the 2011 one last week.

Enjoyed both (obviously) but very different matches imo.

I love watching the Beaver running around, and the Wolfman & Matai, Robertson were great but in both matches Jamie Lyon was just all class -always around and all over it.

Jamie Lyon will be a massive loss when he retires ..

Think I actually prefer the 2011 squad..

Isn't it great that we fans have 2 GF's to compare to in recent years.

Poor ole Parramatta HAHA ;)

MK Eagle said:
That Storm team limped into the 08 GF & looked very,very tired & the Manly boys were primed on revenge & had the spring in the step.
The Storms were flat as a tack & thats not taking away a massive defence the Eagles had on show.
Now
2011 opposition would have beaten anyone imo with that performance except Manly.
The Warriors went into the game all cylinders firing & primed & Manly put out the fire of aggression by returning serve before Outskilling (new word) them.
08 vs 11
Prefer 11's outside backs & halves. T Rex & Joe were massive in 11 though I still recall Perrys & Hallys gun 08 performances & possably Kites best game in the Gf.

The warriors played their gf the week before whilst we despatched brisbane with little trouble, the reason the warriors had so much fight was Sonny Fai, they desperately held on to his memory and fought bravely but fight have the skill to compete not the energy thanks to the storm

The Eagle said:
MK Eagle said:
Now
08 vs 11

The warriors played their gf the week before whilst we despatched brisbane with little trouble, the reason the warriors had so much fight was Sonny Fai, they desperately held on to his memory and fought bravely but fight have the skill to compete not the energy thanks to the storm

Eagle - I back you on 99% of your calls mate & agree Fai was a huge motivation but I still reckon NZ had plenty in the tank & proved it by battling the entire 80 minutes of that GF. Definately fair to say we got an easier leadup victory over Broncs but thats not always a great thing. If a team plays tough games & avoids injury & creates a rollon of wins, it is a very hard juggernaut to stop. For mine that was NZ 2011.
Btw Eagle - I like the trollslayer stuff ;)

Mk I believe the were fighting on raw emotion,i've never respected an enemy team like the warriors who went toe to toe with us for the gf, every hit seemed to be so hard,Sonny would have been proud

There was 3 times I felt like we had that, round 5, round 25 and when saints fell,when watching them against the storm I knew we'd won, that game was so much quality, they both blew their salvos off in that game

I seen a reflection of 2007, in the warriors that night, it was us vs the cows

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4