Manly in Crisis (a mega thread)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

#crisis ??

• Yes

Votes: 111 55.0%
  • No

Votes: 91 45.0%

• Total voters
As a Chelsea fan I found that a very enjoyable watch but yes Manly have an absent owner who spends as little as possible to keep the club running. We are just lucky that the govt funds occasional improvements to the ground.
I'm a massive chelsea fan, and scott penn could take a leaf out of Todd boehlys notebook. He has been at the forefront in the transfer market for chelsea, flying all over Europe holding talks with agents. He isn't far off breaking the transfer market record this window, and will probably do so before close. He also has plans to inject his own money into Stamford Bridge. If only we could have an owner like this. I think we really need it as a club, and overall the NRL does too

54,but I won’t budge.I’m like Des and his use of the bench,fair chance we’re wrong but we’re stubborn and won’t change tact

The only average Marnus will get closer to 30, will be his bowling.

I'm a massive chelsea fan, and scott penn could take a leaf out of Todd boehlys notebook. He has been at the forefront in the transfer market for chelsea, flying all over Europe holding talks with agents. He isn't far off breaking the transfer market record this window, and will probably do so before close. He also has plans to inject his own money into Stamford Bridge. If only we could have an owner like this. I think we really need it as a club, and overall the NRL does too
If only we had part of this behind us.....Chelsea is the seventh richest club in the world in 2022 and the third richest soccer club in England. Forbes.com valued Chelsea's net worth at $3.2 billion, with a revenue of $520 million in the previous year.

If only we had part of this behind us.....Chelsea is the seventh richest club in the world in 2022 and the third richest soccer club in England. Forbes.com valued Chelsea's net worth at $3.2 billion, with a revenue of $520 million in the previous year.
Penn should of sold to the arabs

United were once the team which, through excellent management and a huge chequebook, won a lot of silverware ... then through poor management and a tighter owner started to slide, until one day no decent player wants to sign with them and they just got beaten by total nobody's ...

Nothing like Manly at all. Nope

I made the exact same comparison to some mates earlier this afternoon comparing us to man united of old and current. Only difference is I take pleasure in seeing the demise of united 😂

Is this the solution?
Image_14624.jpg

The moment we re signed Hasler! Surely people can’t have forgotten how he screwed the club over and think it would be all roses when he took charge again. He does not deserve to wear the Manly colours!

Penn taking over and draining the club of its assets, then crying foul about having to reinvest a fraction of it back in.

NRL raping us in the GF against the Chooks under Tooves.

Trent Barrett, then going from bad to worse in bringing Des back hence the .400 record.

Terrible, terrible recruitment and cap management basically since Jamie Lyon retired.

Total lack of leadership from ownership, to management, to coaching, to players.

I think since the Glenn Stewart debacle as well.

We actually built a strong squad in 2016 with tapau, walker and the turbos etc however barrett couldn’t coach and then let hynes gutho etc go.

Again in 2019 post Barrett we started building nicely and were unlucky not to make the gf that year . I think constant injuries inc Tom out for most of the last three seasons plus the hooking issue paying fainu on the books plus a bit of bad luck as well has led us where we are.

We are not too far off.

Get Tom back consistently and we will be top 8 every year if not top 4 like 2021.

When was the last time we had clear salary cap air?

It feels like 2013.

That with the extras on our big four (Trbo, DCE, Jake and Marty) we are left with ALDI quality and youngens we won’t take a punt on in first grade.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
9 6 3 57 14
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10