Manly in Crisis (a mega thread)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

#crisis ??

• Yes

Votes: 111 55.0%
  • No

Votes: 91 45.0%

• Total voters
Some folks here are a little too scared of change.
Manly has been in the news more lately than I can ever recall, I'm loving it.

We are not in crisis. None of our players are doing or selling coke, we are not being investigated for performance enhancing drugs, we aren't involved in a salary cap scandal, we aren't being forced to merge the club with a rival nor do we have Ricky Stewart as a coach.

What we do have is some gun juniors coming through that need to be resigned, which we have the money for now. We also have the openings in the side to get them into FG to help them grow. The best part about these kids is that they are Manly juniors and have already done what DCE and Foz couldn't, turn down big money offers from rival teams and codes.

I'm excited about the future. We will still make the top 8 this year and piss people off in the process. Next year will be the beginning of the next Great Manly Team with the Turbo brothers leading the way!

thtas all well and good, my only fear is that the cycle repeats itself, we lose one batch of nurtured halves, replace with another set when they decide they don't want to be at manly.

I want ten year players, I want obvious club captains. by and large manly have avoided the mercenary makeup a lot of other teams have had to adopt. Its what sets us apart and should not be underestimated as a key to our success.

Make no mistake, foz and cherry were the next era of manly, and as I put in a post a few weeks ago. them standing up as captains and senior players and carrying the torch of manly into the next generation is now not something we will ever see. and it feels like we are going to miss out on a tremendous chapter of our history.

This is awful. Forget that we have all had a team meeting and are on the same page, forget the nobody is embarrassed by our jumpers round, and forget hooray for 300 games for Des Hasler. We have not aimed up. I am sick of our awful gutless efforts. FFS Fix this embarrassing **** Manly

It is embarrassing. The players have given up, and so have I for 2022.

A quick recap

1. Jerseygate
2. Fainu conviction
3. Turbo injury
4. Re-signing DCE
5. Letting Foran go
6. Meltdowns v Cowboys and Storm

How good!!

See you all next year.

It is embarrassing. The players have given up, and so have I for 2022.

A quick recap

1. Jerseygate
2. Fainu conviction
3. Turbo injury
4. Re-signing DCE
5. Letting Foran go
6. Meltdowns v Cowboys and Storm

How good!!

See you all next year.
Yup we are ****

Year after year.. same dumb decisions, same underperforming players, same results. I don't even think there is a clear vision for the direction of the club. Feels like they're just talking it year by year, hoping for the best and getting their dicks stuck in their zippers every season. Mediocrity has slowly infected this club like a disease the last 8 years, from top to bottom. We are no longer the silvertails, we are no longer the envy of the league, we are not even contenders. We're pretenders. We are now a bottom 8 club! Have been for a while! The club needs to stop living on past glories and take action! Before it's too late. Covid cup last year can not be taken into account!

The club seriously needs to have a plan for the future or else membership numbers will head south. Looking at next season we have nothing to be excited about but more of the same mediocrity unless we see some decent signings in the off season. I'm reconsidering what type of membership I will buy next season which would probably be the Flexi membership so I don't have to attend alot of these mediocrity performances.

Ok....I'm a big soccer fan as well as league. And anyone who watches the English Premier League has seen a once massive club in Manchester United fall to depths in the last few seasons (very much since Alex Ferguson retired) and they have lost their first 2 games of the season and look like a club where mediocrity is accepted.

They look like a club that has no idea where to go and how to fix it.

It gives me absolutely no pleasure in saying this....but they remind me of us. An 8th place finish to me seems like a successful season these days....whereas in the golden times it would only be a premiership. I think we could accept this if like in 2005 you could see the improvement and the momentum build and the the direction. Now.....I have No idea where we are.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8