Manly in Crisis (a mega thread)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

#crisis ??

• Yes

Votes: 111 55.0%
  • No

Votes: 91 45.0%

• Total voters
^ Above says it all.Not one of our four marquee players has provided value for money.
Even last year when Tom was the best player in the comp ,he still missed a heap of games.
We have had no value for money since Dce back flipped.
Our best value signing has been Foz ,who we have now let go to keep Schuster and Dce who offer very little.
3 more years of Dce is abysmal.
We should've kept Foz for the extra 2 years ,let Dce,Marty walk and with that extra çsh buy 2 blue chip forwards.

SmartSelect_20220816-030650_Samsung Internet.jpg

The root cause.

Since rosey cheeks took full ownership of the club. No other reasoning for our demise. He’s got NFI, out of touch New Yorker.

Sounds a lot like the Glazers at Man United.

Mr Penn Perspective time ...

We may have been declining but without his tremendous contribution and commitment we would be deceased like the North Sydney Bears .

And whilst other previous dedicated owners have withdrawn from the club Mr Penn is still having a go and as the good old aussie saying goes ... We have to give credit and admire and respect a bloke that is still having a go .

Having said this . We do not just want to exist . We want to soar like the Great Eagles that we are and excel . We must step up and Live up to our legendary clubs Benchmark as the greatest club of all
240948987_10226342376526581_7626396401424013754_n.jpg

Last edited:
The signings of Mason,Mateo and L.Burgess were hardly positive moves
Well thank you very much @Nordburg... I had managed to forget the Mason signing and then you go and wave it under my nose again!

Agree with the others and obviously need to add Walker, Myles and Hastings to your list... I know Walker has 'come good' on the field but the sideshow has been ridiculous...

I am not adding Manase as he had no priors so can't blame the club on that one...

Mr Penn Perspective time ...

We may have been declining but without his tremendous contribution and commitment we would be deceased like the North Sydney Bears .

And whilst other previous dedicated owners have withdrawn from the club Mr Penn is still having a go and as the good old aussie saying goes ... We have to give credit and admire and respect a bloke that is still having a go .

Having said this . We do not just want to exist . We want to soar like the Great Eagles that we are and excel . We must step up and Live up to our legendary clubs Benchmark as the greatest club of all
View attachment 21963
Bozo, what do you think of his refusal to sell and the fact that he lives on the other side of the world?

I remember at the time ( as I was closely associated with the club at that point ) the war between the Football Club and the Penn’s ( with the third owners who sold to the Penn’s and then gave them full control).

It was pretty nasty , but the big concern at the time was how a one owner model would go.

Many ( most ) on here were very anti football club and pro the Penn’s back then.

Funny how things end up isn’t it.

Last edited:
Bozo, what do you think of his refusal to sell and the fact that he lives on the other side of the world?

To be truly honest with you my feathered friend and this is from my Maroon and White Heart !

I live on the other side of the bridge but my heart just like Mr Penns heart is at Manly

It is not where you live that counts but what you live for that really counts

Selling Manly is like selling your Mother

I hope @Budgewoi Eagle you would never put a price on your beloved Mother

Came here to write this. We’ve never been a truly dominant team since that night
Leading the comp and unbackable odds to win the minor premiership in 2014 going into that game. Starts with the Luke chicken wing tackle that took out Matai that he should have been sent off for. We get just a penalty and score via Stewart on the same set of six to lead 4-0. Since then, over 8 years pretty much nothing.

That loss was the first opening of the fracture behind the scenes just like the pride jersey did to kill our current season.

NYEagle

Mystery sports bet on manly to lose against parra
Andrew John’s joining the club
David Gallop captains call
Bozo falling out with club

Now unlike a lot of people I've never really bagged scott penn or the penn family they have put millions in to the club and I respect that however I feel if reports are correct on this occasion he's playing a dangerous game in regards to the disrespect being shown towards hasler.

Hasler is side by side with Bob Fulton as the greatest coach this club has ever had. Some would argue Des is better due to dealing with strict salary caps and back office ****show a

Now ask yourself the question would Arko, The late Doug Daley or Frank Stanton ever put these insulting performance clauses in Bozo's contracts.......... if you answered anything but no please stop drinking it's only Tuesday.

Des was doing a great job this year we lost our star player round 10 and we're still looking like we'd finish 6-8th. We had a covid hiccup against the dragons then our season was blown apart by some Karen in marketing.

When it hit the fan where was Scott where was his acting CEO...... hiding under the table leaving Des and DCE to cop the media heat and to be honest Daly's form has dipped since.

It's 2022 we have just been through covid 19 and working from home using Zoom, Penn should have manned up and front the media via zoom. Being in New York is no excuse.

The way that jersey was handled f&cked our season. Funny thing is I heard Smith say melbournes marketing dept used to present to the players the jersey to be worn during the season for the coming seasons.

Funny our Karen from marketing kept it a secret too most of the football dept.

So as a result of this crap out of his control and also a power struggle within the club with some people feeling intimadated by Des' stature in the club the additional year 2024 won't be triggered.

Big big mistake Scott Penn the same Mistake you made in the off season kf 2010 by not renewing Des. We all knew what happened in 2011.

I'll tell you how this is going to go down, our Coach is going to be one determined human, the off season for the players is going to be hell come round 1 they are going to be fit and firing. We will have a cracking 2023 but during the season a struggling club or 2 is going to sack their coach and throw some money at Des.

Des is a great coach and a great manly man but we all know he likes money (don't blame him) and who could blame Des this time if he says laters guys I'm Out.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
7 4 3 49 10
9 5 4 42 10
9 5 4 -14 10
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 3 5 -55 8