Manly in Crisis (a mega thread)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

#crisis ??

• Yes

Votes: 111 55.0%
  • No

Votes: 91 45.0%

• Total voters
Because I’m off FB now and have been for years, I thought there was an FB Manly site run by a bloke called Brian "howdy" Howden. I’ve known the Howdens since I was 9 years old, and played footy with his brother Micheal. Even though I haven’t had any contact with Brian for years, he is a great guy, so I’m glad that it wasn’t his FB site that has been mentioned.
No this fella started a page called “ Manly Sea Eagles “ ( cannot believe the club hadn’t created that themselves and then locked it down ) so just like that he had 25,000 members , then 40,000 members.

Now , not that is initially an issue BUT this Wanker made it look like the clubs official Facebook page and then proceeded to act as though he was “ official “ .

Then as people started to work it out and questioned him he just booted and blocked them.

He continued like this ( I had sent the club an email ) and after a few years they must have realised the dribble he was spreading started affecting their reputation so all of a sudden it became “ the Official Manly Sea Eagles Supporters Group “.

Again, the use of the word “ official “.

Anyone who questioned him or even slightly disagreed , or said something he didn’t like were booted and blocked.

A little Hitler!!!

Not sure what happened but apparently he’s withdrawn from being the sole administrator and left the group completely, but this is very recent.

As I’ve often said , and absolute ****ing first class Wanker!!

No this fella started a page called “ Manly Sea Eagles “ ( cannot believe the club hadn’t created that themselves and then locked it down ) so just like that he had 25,000 members , then 40,000 members.

Now , not that is initially an issue BUT this Wanker made it look like the clubs official Facebook page and then proceeded to act as though he was “ official “ .

Then as people started to work it out and questioned him he just booted and blocked them.

He continued like this ( I had sent the club an email ) and after a few years they must have realised the dribble he was spreading started affecting their reputation so all of a sudden it became “ the Official Manly Sea Eagles Supporters Group “.

Again, the use of the word “ official “.

Anyone who questioned him or even slightly disagreed , or said something he didn’t like were booted and blocked.

A little Hitler!!!

Not sure what happened but apparently he’s withdrawn from being the sole administrator and left the group completely, but this is very recent.

As I’ve often said , and absolute ****ing first class Wanker!!

Absolute wanker I was a member for a while but got sick of his dribble and others stoking his ego. So I started insulting him so he would boot me, took a couple of days He actually sits behind me in the Jane Try. Muppet

I'm not expressing a view in respect of the manner in which the Chrissie Fulton departure was handled until all the facts are known. I must say that this type of departure appears heavy handed and there will need to be justification. I will be surprised if a man with Mestrov's experience has acted recklessly and unwisely.

Absolute wanker I was a member for a while but got sick of his dribble and others stoking his ego. So I started insulting him so he would boot me, took a couple of days He actually sits behind me in the Jane Try. Muppet
The bit that got me was that his view was 100% right , and if you stroked his ego you were a model citizen.

BUT, you only had to slightly disagree and bingo , gonski !!

Imagine if Silvertails was run like that.

Interesting that the biggest wankers in the football media world(Hadley,Kent,Peters) are Bozos best mates and confidants.
I know a few people who have had past friendships and business dealings with Bozo, and they don't paint a pretty picture of him as a Person.
That said he will always be a Legend of the club in my eyes and the second most influential to our success behind Arko.

Last edited:
I thought Scott Penn liked the Fultons. In 2015 he asked Bob to come back to the club as head of football. Penn set all of this structure up with the Fultons. I thought the power struggle was between the Hasler factions and the Fulton factions.

You keep mentioning the Fulton's maybe Penn wanted Bobs expertise but the whole bloody family rocked up.

They tried to move her on once before but Bob and his media mates ran a campaign against the cep and club so the ceo got the bullet and she reappears.

Daddy can not save her this time so she is relying on the media to do the dirty work.

We want no hasler or fulon factions in the club the only factuon we as fans want and deserve is a MANLY faction.

I want all factions gone (including Penn) I'm sick of reading about factions in our club.

Funny how people get sacked or let go every day of the week in footy and go quietly at our club they all want to hang around like a bad smell they are toxic and selfish people who are not in our great club to make it better they are there for the power they think they have that's all.

Good riddance to all of them the only guy leaving or being moved on and handling it like a professional is Donny.

I'm not expressing a view in respect of the manner in which the Chrissie Fulton departure was handled until all the facts are known. I must say that this type of departure appears heavy handed and there will need to be justification. I will be surprised if a man with Mestrov's experience has acted recklessly and unwisely.

There is justification. I think you're 100% accurate on Mestrov. She was warned, and yet continued to believe she was bulletproof because of her surname.

However, we will be reading the fading bleats of outrage from these media stooges on this and other stuff for some time to come though.

They have suddenly realised that their access to inside info from MWSE, has been severely curtailed. I still think we have one Fulton too many in the club..... And that doesn't include Zac.

You keep mentioning the Fulton's maybe Penn wanted Bobs expertise but the whole bloody family rocked up.

They tried to move her on once before but Bob and his media mates ran a campaign against the cep and club so the ceo got the bullet and she reappears.

Daddy can not save her this time so she is relying on the media to do the dirty work.

We want no hasler or fulon factions in the club the only factuon we as fans want and deserve is a MANLY faction.

I want all factions gone (including Penn) I'm sick of reading about factions in our club.

Funny how people get sacked or let go every day of the week in footy and go quietly at our club they all want to hang around like a bad smell they are toxic and selfish people who are not in our great club to make it better they are there for the power they think they have that's all.

Good riddance to all of them the only guy leaving or being moved on and handling it like a professional is Donny.
What is bizarre about the ****en factions is that one **** owns the club? How can there be factions? Why doesn't he just tell 'em to get ****ed? Could someone in the know please explain ..... because it's got me beat.

That Facebook page (I don't use Facebook) is why this community should be enjoyed by everyone so much. Much more informative, we have real characters, there's no over arching flogs.

What is bizarre about the *en factions is that one * owns the club? How can there be factions? Why doesn't he just tell 'em to get ****ed? Could someone in the know please explain ..... because it's got me beat.
There are factions at every club

Some clubs like the roosters and the storms factions compromise for the sake of their club

That poster the Merchant of Doom was an over arching flog though, don’t you reckon??
Lol, you wrote that insult exactly the same time I was writing you a compliment in another thread.

I'm not sure Wheel. You never seemed to have an issue when we were sharing a beer, or hanging at games.

I might be an over arching flog to you, but at least I don't white ant mates or stab people in the back I know.

Each to their own though. Just hope we'd never be in the trenches together. You'd likely up and run at the first sign of danger. What character.

Thankfully you've ****ed off to QLD so we never have to see each other face to face again.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8