Manly to be competitive in Nines

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
He's already running

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    127.4 KB · Views: 34
DCE wont play. He's just coming off a shoulder operation ! Our main priority is to get him right for the start of the comp not play in a micky mouse competition which frankly I don't care about. Give the upcoming younger players a go !
I'm sorry but who gives a flying **** what you frankly don't care about? Mickey Mouse is the All Stars ****

Let's send the best players to 2 coaches who have a stake in the real comp

Pretty sure Barrett screwed his ankle in the 9's one year in the mid 2000's. Missed the first 4 or 5 games of the year. I can remember the St George faithful going bonkers about it at the time and how pointless a risk the 9's were back then.
So hopefully Trent remembers this and leaves our big guns at home.

• 🤝
Reactions: Ben
I also think Mateo is up there as a top paid player, as Manly only paid part of his contract....
The Snake, Lyon, DCE wont be there...& doubt Myles or Kapow.
The players listed will be competitive, theres new lower profile players who will make a massive dent in this open style of footy, same with a few no names in other teams.
Personally a fan of 9's & can't wait for the action, but on the flip side, it is unlike a trial, as it is played at a hectic pace & being the first competitive contact in the new season, the demand on the body can contribute to injury that decide a teams season early.
Especially the fact the body is stop, starting with multiple games very taxing & the break very minimal before playing again.
With Parcell, Walker, Moltzen, Taufua, Mateo, Turbo & John combining with some rookies & 1-2 more big boppers, will compete 100%.....have feeling Jake will be playing too.

If moltzen is picked, ( imo he's too slow and can't tackle) what's the odds he will come through in one peice?

There are 9 players on the field, 5 interchange (unlimited). I personally think you need a fullback, a halfback, two wingers, two centers/backrowers, a dummy half/hooker & 2 mobile forwards on the field. Here is my team for us this year:-

Fullback: Tim Moltzen
Wingers: Fabian Goodall & Halauafu Lavaka
Centers: Tony Satini & Brayden Wiliame
Half: Isaac John
Hooker: Jayden Hodges
Forwards: Brenton Lawrence & Tom Symonds

Reserves: Matt Parcell, Nathan Green, Josh Starling, Luke Burgess & Blake Leary
(Squads are 18, so the additional 4 players are: Nicholas Hynes, Liam Knight (if available), Hugh Pratt & Siosaia Vave)

If I'm Barrett, these players know they are fringe players at the moment, and need to impress to qualify for trial games. Impress in trial games after that, your a chance of first grade (or at least a player available for call-up in the event of injury)

There are 9 players on the field, 5 interchange (unlimited). I personally think you need a fullback, a halfback, two wingers, two centers/backrowers, a dummy half/hooker & 2 mobile forwards on the field. Here is my team for us this year:-

Wingers: Fabian Goodall & Halauafu Lavaka
Centers: Tony Satini & Brayden Wiliame
Hooker: Jayden Hodges
Forwards: Brenton Lawrence & Tom Symonds

Reserves: Matt Parcell, Nathan Green, Josh Starling, Luke Burgess & Blake Leary
(Squads are 18, so the additional 4 players are: Nicholas Hynes, Liam Knight (if available), Hugh Pratt & Siosaia Vave)

If I'm Barrett, these players know they are fringe players at the moment, and need to impress to qualify for trial games. Impress in trial games after that, your a chance of first grade (or at least a player available for call-up in the event of injury)
We have to send one of top 5 paid players which will probably be walker

And 12 of our top 25

Hmmmm, didn't know that. Revised:-

Wingers: Jorge Taufua & Halauafu Lavaka
Centers: Dylan Walker & Nathan Green
Hooker: Matt Parcell
Forwards: Brenton Lawrence & Jake Trbojevic

Reserves: Blake Leary, Tom Symonds, Marty Taupau, Lewis Brown & Tom Trbojevic

(Squads are 18, so the additional 4 players are: Feleti Meteo, Jayden Hodges, Luke Burgess & Jamie Buhrer).

Now THAT is a side I think can win the thing.

Its horses for courses stuff. Our best 13/17 players will not all be our best options for 9's. Some of those on the fringe of the 25 and just outside, maybe the best for the 9's.

It wont be the big names that have a major influence but more those best suited to this type of game. As always proof will be found on the paddock.

Hmmmm, didn't know that. Revised:-

Wingers: Jorge Taufua & Halauafu Lavaka
Centers: Dylan Walker & Nathan Green
Hooker: Matt Parcell
Forwards: Brenton Lawrence & Jake Trbojevic

Reserves: Blake Leary, Tom Symonds, Marty Taupau, Lewis Brown & Tom Trbojevic

(Squads are 18, so the additional 4 players are: Feleti Meteo, Jayden Hodges, Luke Burgess & Jamie Buhrer).

Now THAT is a side I think can win the thing.
My squad revised:
1.Trbojevic
2.Tafua
3.Brown
4.Walker
5.Mateo
6.Trbojevic(c)
7.Parcell
8.Taupau
9.Symonds

10.Starling
11.Leary
12.Knight
13.Lawrence
14.Moltzen

15.Green
16.Burgess
17.Fonua-Blake
18.Hodges

My squad revised:
1.Trbojevic
2.Tafua
3.Brown
4.Walker
5.Mateo
6.Trbojevic(c)
7.Parcell
8.Taupau
9.Symonds

10.Starling
11.Leary
12.Knight
13.Lawrence
14.Moltzen

15.Green
16.Burgess
17.Fonua-Blake
18.Hodges

I don't know if Knight will be ready from his injured ankle. I would not have Mateo he would need the Oxy Viva after 10 mins he is not suited to this. Hugh Pratt should be in the side

Mateo a must due to his offloads to create opportunity & looks a heap fitter also.
Any slightly injured players should be rested with the older Key players.
Teams will have only 1 or 2 big names & 5-6 NRL players, mixed with youngsters & other hopeful new Qld Cup signings ect.
Apart from NZ who are ultra keen to win it & imo - will field a cracker of a side & of course....are in our pool.....

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6