Game Day: Manly v Broncos [Round 10, 2016]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Looking at the team, it's close to full strength and probably as close as the Broncos, who will be missing some players as well. With the right passion and commitment, our forwards can match the Broncos, it's just the doubt about our finishing in the backs that seems to have slipped at the moment. I reckon Barrett should show them the 2013 tape against the Broncos and the commitment shown in defence and how they turned the game around.
I'm not confident but I am hopeful!

I'm a bit worried why on the injury report Tommy still says indefinite.

How many weeks does it take to come up with a diagnosis ?

Any ideas.
Bones heal at a given rate for healthy people, but ligaments and tendons are variable healing times.

Tommy is still growing, so his body is building and healing.

He had ankle problems since the 9s but kept playing on :(

If that's the actual team that runs out, we are 4 from 10 already. Another gimme loss for us.

What team should TB run out to give us a win?

Whatever. The team is, what it is. If you'd like to be so bravado about it, do you have the coconuts to put your money where your mouth is like @BOZO ?

Or when you're pressed, your positivity flies out the door, with your conviction ?

I challenge you. Will you step up and put a $50 on your team? The one you rip me for being overly negative (when I feel I'm a realist).

Or don't you think we can actually do it? Up to you. Make a stand - prove me wrong. Receive not only $$$$, but soapbox rights (and justifiably so).

Frustrates me there are gimme games today. Also unsure of what absolute moron takes a home Manly game, to the home Stadium of the team you're facing? Honestly, what was the thought process there?

I get Brooky is absolutely no longer a fortress, but jeez...as a season ticket holder, I want to sit on the fence at half way, and support my team (even if I know what the result will be).

Bones heal at a given rate for healthy people, but ligaments and tendons are variable healing times.

Bones heal according to age more than a "given" rate. Six weeks for a 12 yo six months for a 30 yo as a guide.

Whatever. The team is, what it is. If you'd like to be so bravado about it, do you have the coconuts to put your money where your mouth is like @BOZO ?

Or when you're pressed, your positivity flies out the door, with your conviction ?

I challenge you. Will you step up and put a $50 on your team? The one you rip me for being overly negative (when I feel I'm a realist).

Or don't you think we can actually do it? Up to you. Make a stand - prove me wrong. Receive not only $$$$, but soapbox rights (and justifiably so).

Frustrates me there are gimme games today. Also unsure of what absolute moron takes a home Manly game, to the home Stadium of the team you're facing? Honestly, what was the thought process there?

I get Brooky is absolutely no longer a fortress, but jeez...as a season ticket holder, I want to sit on the fence at half way, and support my team (even if I know what the result will be).

Calm down sweetie, just asked a question.

Your statement seemed to indicate that had TB selected another team we would win.

Why you jumped in with all that other dribble worries me. You OK?

The reports I read yesterday (as well as watching the video update on the clubs website) suggested that Tom got his moon boot off either yesterday or Sunday and they were surprised to find that the injury wasn't as bad as first thought. Nothing else to report, just that.

Calm down sweetie, just asked a question.

Your statement seemed to indicate that had TB selected another team we would win.

Why you jumped in with all that other dribble worries me. You OK?

I'm great, thanks for your concern? Team is still trash as named.

+ Why is Myles starting still?
+ Why is Brown starting?
+ Jake should move to the front row
+ No way Buhrer plays through NSW Cup
+ Need mobility to start (against Milford & others)
+ Where if bloody Mateo. Barrett is pissing me off there.

Example:

01. Brett Stewart
02. Matthew Wright
03. Steve Matai
04. Jamie Lyon
05. Dylan Walker
06. Feleti Meteo
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
08. Jake Trbojevic
09. Matt Parcell
10. Brenton Lawrence
11. Marty Taupau
12. Tom Symonds
13. Jamie Buhrer

14. Lewis Brown
15. Siosai Vave
16. Addin Fanua-Blake
17. Nate Myles

18. Darcy Lussick

Just opinion of coarse. Broncos are going to come out with an explosion, and their smaller men ripping up the ruck area.

@Ryan

Sorry mate but I doubt Mateo will see first grade again at Manly unless we're desperate. And Walker on the wing?

Myles should be starting. And Jake is going well at lock so why move him?

You're right on this one, Brown shouldn't be starting. He's a utility and starting him in the 2nd row hasn't worked so far. And since T-Red isn't injured I can only assume he's been dropped despite being 18th man for City.

For mine (provided there are no more injuries between now and Saturday), the team should be:

Stewart, Wright, Lyon (c), Matai, Wiliame, Walker, Cherry-Evans, Lussick, Parcell, Myles, Symonds, Taupau, Trbojevic. Res - Brown, Fortuna-Blake, Vave, Lawrence.

Yes I know there are 6 props there. But second row these days is an 80 minute position and 6 means rotations for the front row and lock if needed (lock is played like prop these days anyway which is why you see guys like Jake playing in the #13 jumper).

Ideally we would have Tom on the wing in a miraculous recovery. However, as @Andrew.. said, this is his 2nd or 3rd high ankle injury so he should be given the time for it to heal. IIRC he did exactly the same thing last year against Penrith. He went up AFL style to catch a bomb and came down wrong. Same leg (right) as he did at Newcastle I think.

Tom symonds isn't even in our top 20 let alone run on team. He is bog average, good for two cold drops and a couple of penalties every game and when was the last time you saw him do something incisive to offset the negatives. Couldn't even ground a regulation grubber last round.

Pleas tell me what he offers. Apart from 25 relatively soft tackles and 12 runs for 83 metres.

I'm great, thanks for your concern? Team is still trash as named.

+ Why is Myles starting still?
+ Why is Brown starting?
+ Jake should move to the front row
+ No way Buhrer plays through NSW Cup
+ Need mobility to start (against Milford & others)
+ Where if bloody Mateo. Barrett is pissing me off there.

Example:

01. Brett Stewart
02. Matthew Wright
03. Steve Matai
04. Jamie Lyon
05. Dylan Walker
06. Feleti Meteo
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
08. Jake Trbojevic
09. Matt Parcell
10. Brenton Lawrence
11. Marty Taupau
12. Tom Symonds
13. Jamie Buhrer

14. Lewis Brown
15. Siosai Vave
16. Addin Fanua-Blake
17. Nate Myles

18. Darcy Lussick

Just opinion of coarse. Broncos are going to come out with an explosion, and their smaller men ripping up the ruck area.
Mateo is injured.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6