Pre-Game Manly v Broncos [Round 10, 2023]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

6 32
Suncorp Stadium
05 May 2023 08:05 PM

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
This line up will win us the game..we need a guy like Vaega in to smash Walsh and the Bronco outside backs.Just like Raiders did to Bronx.If Siebs puts this team..i got 100 bucks they win

1.Turbo
2.Vaega
3.Garrick
4.Koula
5.Saab
6.Croker
7.DCE
8.Peseka
9.Lawton
10.Josh
11.Kelma
12.Haumole
13.Parker

14.Weekes
15.Bullermor
16.Keppie
17.Woods

18.Burbo

Yeah, with Jake not there, the question becomes, who is going to make all the tackles he makes in the middle? Sadly, I can't come up with an answer besides "No one".
Everybody needs to make 5 extra tackles. The equations simple.

I think this year we had such high expectations with new coach structure ,Turbo, Schu, Koula setting our backline alight as well as last years fiasco. It all looked good to begin with but now we see the same injuries, the same bipolar lame efforts and now the same media fiasco and it's really been 10 years of frustration and failure blowing up like Krakatoa. At least now I don't have high expectations, I expect us to be somewhere mid table and when the donkeys blow us off the park it won't be an unexpected disappointment anymore. I'm resigned to another mediocre year.
I'm concerned that we may be heading into even darker territory that the supposed bottom of the hole in 2022. Under Des there was no fights on the training park. Under des the owner was kept at arms length. Under des we had 2 excellent seasons and 2 poor.
There seems to be a lot of infighting and noise under the hood at the moment and I'm not sure seibold can reign it in.

This line up will win us the game..we need a guy like Vaega in to smash Walsh and the Bronco outside backs.Just like Raiders did to Bronx.If Siebs puts this team..i got 100 bucks they win

1.Turbo
2.Vaega
3.Garrick
4.Koula
5.Saab
6.Croker
7.DCE
8.Peseka
9.Lawton
10.Josh
11.Kelma
12.Haumole
13.Parker

14.Weekes
15.Bullermor
16.Keppie
17.Woods

18.Burbo
I agree with you and was going to post...if the Raiders can beat the Broncs at Suncorp, then surely we can too.

However, I can't see that line-up happening. We need Parker's defence in the centres against all those Broncs' backs. As good as Vaega is, he's not as experienced vs a top side.

I agree with you and was going to post...if the Raiders can beat the Broncs at Suncorp, then surely we can too.

However, I can't see that line-up happening. We need Parker's defence in the centres against all those Broncs' backs. As good as Vaega is, he's not as experienced vs a top side.
Veaga did not shy away from the Storms game..and i dont think Bronx will phase him..he will definetly give one of those Donkeys a good hit! He is aggresive and can finish..thats what we need.
Give the Bronx confidence and they will crucify us at Suncorp.

It's quite simple. We have clever and experienced coaching staff they have Kevvie walters.
We'll win it with our game plan.

I’m yet to see a discernible gameplan.

The closest is smashing the storm into submission, but that should be a fundamental rather than a well conceived tactic/gameplan/strategy.

Unfortunately I don’t think we have a team with the nous to deliver on a gameplan. Even iff we do have the coaches, which I question also

Last edited:
That bench gives me no confidence at all. And Keppie lol what else can I say. We need Turbo Tom to play at his ultimate best if we are to have any hope.

I'm concerned that we may be heading into even darker territory that the supposed bottom of the hole in 2022. Under Des there was no fights on the training park. Under des the owner was kept at arms length. Under des we had 2 excellent seasons and 2 poor.
There seems to be a lot of infighting and noise under the hood at the moment and I'm not sure seibold can reign it in.
I'm not toooooo concerned about this bit of biffo. If it was someone that was currently in the team or close to, I'd be more worried. But Matterson isn't coming into 1st grade anytime soon. I'm talking purely from a team harmony perspective. It is obviously not a good look either way.

We need a siege mentality just like we did against the Storm where not many punters gave us a chance. We still have a formidable pack and we need to stamp our authority on the game from the off and we have the firepower to do it. We were off the boil against the Titans as were the Broncos against the rabbits so it’s game on. Agree, we are thin in the backs but with the return of Koula and Saab tackling like a second rower we have every chance. C’mon Manly, wear the badge with pride!

Parker is my favorite centre at manly at the moment, The pick of the bunch we have now.

. We need Parker's defence in the centres against all those Broncs' backs.
We also needed Parkers defence against strike centres in Gagai V Newcastle and against Crighton v Penrith

Did you watch those games ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8