Game Day: Manly v Cowboys [Round 16, 2016]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
One thing that could force their hand is the rising crescendo, not just from fans, but commentators, that he is not adding value to the team.

It could and hopefully is just injuries holding him back. But either way, it's becoming increasingly clear that the team wouldn't lose anything by having Tom T at fullback and Stewart left right out.

I've been prepared to give Snake some leeway but not even attempting to run that ball out of the in goal with 2 minutes to go or even try to pass it to someone else has tipped the scales for me. Time to go Snake thanks for the memories

One thing that could force their hand is the rising crescendo, not just from fans, but commentators, that he is not adding value to the team.

It could and hopefully is just injuries holding him back. But either way, it's becoming increasingly clear that the team wouldn't lose anything by having Tom T at fullback and Stewart left right out.
I agree the commentators are all over it. It would be hard for him to keep going, the pressure on him to shape up or ship out is mounting big time.

I may b wrong here, but pretty sure Jake came off for a rest in the second half, and Lussick moved to lock. If that was the case, it worked damn well. Lussick was very strong there for that 15 mins, and Jake was inspiring when he got on with fresh legs. He has been playing 80 mins every game lately, and he does the work of a prop even if he has a 13 on his back. Made a difference to our energy levels, for mine.

What a promising performance. I know it's another loss but I took a lot away from that. We know what players need to be moved on and we know our future. I see us 2 years behind Penrith as I think they are leading the way in young talent but you can now stay to see what a legacy The Turbos, Kinght, Parcell, DCE, ABF n co will leave

I can't stand loosing and that hurt, so close yet so far.

Anyway, well done to Jake, Tom, Vave, AFB, Chez, Buhrer and Api. I will even give Lussick and Starlo a wrap on their hard work and effort, great to see.

Our interchanges were actually quite effective and hopefully Kapow will get a kick up the ass and make a better impact next week, but finally reason has won through and he did not play a full game. It has only taken 16 rounds but hey better late than never.

We won the second half and Wiliame was off, a coincidence or not? And obviously we had no Myles, Parcell, Leary or Wright. Don't think Wright or Myles were a huge loss.

I will not go on about it, but we all know that Brett is simply not good enough for first grade at present. When he is on we are really only playing with 12 players and it is not fair on the lads putting in.

Chez makes a difference to our team 100%, he is still injured and had a great game and deserves acknowledgement for that. He also deserved a double tonight but was not to be.

I noticed we seemed to play a bit more as a team in parts in the second half, something I have not seen for quite some time. And it was positive to see that most of the boys were still trying to get that win right up until the very end.....!

BK back in the day, did not like loosing and it was that passion that fired up the people around him. I loved that about him.
So it warmed my heart even though we did not get the two points.....when Chez, Vave and Tom T all looked shattered after the loss. I could not see the reactions of others but I have no doubt that Jake would also have been shattered. I also saw the f word being mouthed from Chez and Vave. Now that is passion and a display of utter disappointment in not winning, bloody great to see.

Very happy we have Jake, Tom and Chez. And if we had any smarts we would hang on to Vave for a least another two years as well. (And while they are at it please lock the two Turbo's away for at least 4 years each.)

Overall we let some soft tries in and our attack was patchy at best, but I saw some moments of Manly magic and I felt slightly hopeful for our future for a change, so not all is lost, (well at least not at the moment anyway)....!

P.S. Thurston has moved into my top 25 of players I really, really dislike. He is such a whinger, with double standards and most certainly gets special treatment by the officials. He can shove his conspiracies because clearly he gets the 50/50 calls 98% of the time. He has shown some very un sportsman like behaviour quite a few times this year and while he is not completely the same as that Purple Scum Captain Cheat Smith, he is heading that way. He held onto the ball when it was meant to go to Manly and walked away with it, he carried it on for a bit and I would have loved for the ref to penalise the ****, but of course not.

And just imagine if Killer spoke to the refs just like Thurston and Scam Smith did, **** it would be front page news and Sterlo would be frothing at the mouth for him to be suspended.

NRL - the place where double standards are obvious and numerous.

One problem we overlooked is the lack of a goal kicker.
5 tries all, yet the two missed goals kept Manly in the losing column :confused:

Walker's bad miss from almost in front, had Killer step up - with his dodgy hammy.
Why was Api not given the task ? @:cool:

One problem we overlooked is the lack of a goal kicker.
5 tries all, yet the two missed goals kept Manly in the losing column :confused:

Walker's bad miss from almost in front, had Killer step up - with his dodgy hammy.
Why was Api not given the task ? @:cool:
Ask Super Coach Barrett.

I think Tom needs to go to fullback immediately. Every time dce was passed the ball out wide, snake wasn't sweeping around like he use too. No sweeping fullback restricts options and makes it easy for the centre wings to read. I think this is one reason we struggle to score

I think Tom needs to go to fullback immediately. Every time dce was passed the ball out wide, snake wasn't sweeping around like he use too. No sweeping fullback restricts options and makes it easy for the centre wings to read. I think this is one reason we struggle to score
and Killer back to centres & Api or Parcell to 5/8

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8