Game Day: Manly v Cowboys [Round 16, 2016]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Drove the premiers minus just 1 player all the way. We were still missing 4 of our top 17 and we had 4 more in doubt coming into the game. Turn the table and we win.

Absolute BS saying the girls were off tonight, they played tight fast and low errors for 40 minutes before getting out gunned up the middle in the second.

after 80 it came down to Chechin calling toms knock back forward to split them.

As was mentioned above, the closeness of the result masks the same old problems. The Cows were off tonight and played poorly. We are still not improving on the same basics. Focus and commitment ebbs and flows. When it ebbs, we make poor basic errors and decisions, and our defensive mental toughness disappears. We give away far too many discipline penalties, and let the Cows out of their 20 too often with these. Our attack is still horribly disorganised, though we looked better with DCE in there tonight.

Walker, Lyon and Stewart were atrocious tonight. I thought those 3 really let down the team with performances well below their abilities (though one could argue it is the new standard for Stewart). Tapau was OK in patches, but not giving enough impact (he was outshone in this department by the young inexperienced boys tonight).

Vave and ABF really put in tonight and were largely responsible for us getting that close. Api was impressive at dummy half despite a couple of passes slightly off the mark. And I have to give Darcy his dues. He played hard and held his own (and more) against a much more fancied forward pack. Despite conceding some poorly timed early penalties, Jake was his usual tough defensive self.

The first 30 mins was good in the first half, then like you said last 10 mins silly errors and penalities cost us (although 2 good tries from the cows)

Second half was pretty good. first error came after 28 mins and we showed some really enthusiasm and punch up the middle and dce looked good stearing the side around.

5 tries all in the end, really if we just had some ball in the last 5 could of won the game. Thought Lyon and snake were the most disappointing , but the rest of the team put it. You could see it on their faces when the whistle went at full time. Really disappointed but their is good belief in that team.

MATE ITS CALLED MATCH FIXING....HAVE TO BE BLIND NOT TO SEE IT. COWBOYS "CONVENIENTLY" MADE IT LOOK REAL BY LETTING US BACK IN THE GAME TEMPORARILY. .
A few questions I need answered but a better performance tonight.
  • Why did Brett knock the ball dead with 2 minutes remaining.
  • Why did the ref pull the knock on or supposedly knock on so quick.
  • The last penalty North Queensland got for Vave lying in the ruck was identical to what happened to us 4 tackles before.
Better effort tonight just lacked a 5/8 to help out DCE who was out on his feet.
IT

Last edited:
What a difference when darcy, marty and vave rip in, great game by them guys ,big meters and plenty of tackles, cherry looked good and walker with good stats as for Tom and Jake brilliant as usual a lose yes, but i did see some good things and we can only get better i finally have some faith with the direction of our team.

Yes we lost, our 7th in a row, and that hurt. But I have to give it to the boys for a much improved effort tonight. Sure the Cows were a bit flat without Morgan, but everyone (including me if truth be told) thought they were going to put a cricket score on us and we end up losing by only 4, and that after taking the lead midway through the second half after being 18-4 down at half time.

Vave and AFB stood up tonight.

Our attack still hasn't gelled (hardly surprising given the changes we've had week in, week out), but we look more composed and more likely with DCE and Killer in the halves. I just hope we can find a good 5/8 to play alongside Cherry next year when Killer is gone.

Snake's skill is still there, but his speed is gone and he did get some behind the shoulder passes from Cherry a few times. And I can't really blame him for missing Taumalolo....I doubt any fullback in the game could have stopped him there.

Speaking of Cherry.....the timing of his passes was a bit off tonight which I can forgive him for in his first game back, but his kicking game was back to somewhere near his best.

The Turbo's....what can you say really? They are the future of this team. And the pleasing thing was that for the first time in weeks, Tom didn't seem to be limping out there.

Overall, I think we deserved to win tonight and with a bit of like we might well have. We just need to work on our execution and sort out the defence.

MATE ITS CALLED MATCH FIXING....HAVE TO BE BLIND NOT TO SEE IT. COWBOYS "CONVENIENTLY" MADE IT LOOK REAL BY LETTING US IN THE GAME TEMPORARILY. .

IT

Hey Birdie, there's a little button somewhere in your keyboard that's locked onto capitols, it's no longer funny just irritating.

Don't mind your posts but maybe ditch the caps lock please???

If Trent doesn't drop snake now it will prove what has already been suspected that he has no say in team selections.
This is f*****g sad to watch.

If Trent doesn't drop snake now it will prove what has already been suspected that he has no say in team selections.
This is f*****g sad to watch.

He'd lose his job if he did, ZtH would crucify him!!

Nope we are stuck with him until the end of 2017, so get used to it!!

You don't think he will go to England at the end of this season Mark?

Based on what he's dishing up why would Le Catalans pay ANY money for him.

He'd got $650,000 good reasons to loiter for another year, knowing his bestie ZtH will protect him.

So no, I think unless he does the honourable thing we are stuck with him !!

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8