Game Day: Manly v Cowboys [Round 16, 2016]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Lussick ran 140m tonight and really hurtled himself at the line. Big effort. Also the half breaks tommy t keeps making, compared to Snake just being a passenger.....I'm sorry it's time to go Snake. Tommy is in there looking for work and every time the ball came to him he made a break or a half break.

i love big Vave. really tries and cares. His carries are awesome. I think he is going to bust thru each time and he is starting to pop those little balls up almost at will to inside runners.

Sign him
He's not signed?

We were focusing on getting our defence right at the start of the year before Baz was going to then work on our attack. I assume we are still doing the one and the same defensive training drill the team started doing back Before X mas, but don't worry it will all click into place soon.

Come 2021 we might even be ready to do something new in attack.

Much much better second half. Actually showed a bit of heart. Thought our forwards had a real dig.
Obviously got a rev up at half time.
Just need to put that effort in over 80 min and we will win a few.

Lussick ran 140m tonight and really hurtled himself at the line. Big effort. Also the half breaks tommy t keeps making, compared to Snake just being a passenger.....I'm sorry it's time to go Snake. Tommy is in there looking for work and every time the ball came to him he made a break or a half break.
Ive been bagging lussick but he is showing more each weak.

good stuff

Pleasing to at least see effort unlike last week's dished up sht sandwich I had to sit through. Cows were off without Morgan which shows what injury to key players does. But my god our organization is non existent. Defense same a rabble. All I can say is there's a dozen coaches in the NRL that would have this team higher up the table. Is Cartwright our forwards coach because if he is then he's sht. Why AFB hasn't been in the team all season is beyond me.

Well my throat is that croaky at the moment from screaming I will need another month off work.I am at the game penning this from my iPad.We are getting a little better Tom and Jake are a godsend to our club and we just have to learn how to win As a team.This year is a write off at the moment but I know things will get better especially next year. Well it's been worth the trip as we are improving a little.As I have said before guys it's going to take awhile but things will get better.

OK OK OK. More AFB. Just as much Vave. Better Taupau - does he do what we paid him for?

I don't want to hear 'that was a better effort blah blah'. We were almost at full strength tonight and we still made fundamental errors in attack and defence and giving away brainless penalties. We're now fast closing in on the club record of consecutive losses. Not fuc $&n good enough!!!

As was mentioned above, the closeness of the result masks the same old problems. The Cows were off tonight and played poorly. We are still not improving on the same basics. Focus and commitment ebbs and flows. When it ebbs, we make poor basic errors and decisions, and our defensive mental toughness disappears. We give away far too many discipline penalties, and let the Cows out of their 20 too often with these. Our attack is still horribly disorganised, though we looked better with DCE in there tonight.

Walker, Lyon and Stewart were atrocious tonight. I thought those 3 really let down the team with performances well below their abilities (though one could argue it is the new standard for Stewart). Tapau was OK in patches, but not giving enough impact (he was outshone in this department by the young inexperienced boys tonight).

Vave and ABF really put in tonight and were largely responsible for us getting that close. Api was impressive at dummy half despite a couple of passes slightly off the mark. And I have to give Darcy his dues. He played hard and held his own (and more) against a much more fancied forward pack. Despite conceding some poorly timed early penalties, Jake was his usual tough defensive self.

Its a shame brett stewart and lyon are so far past it. We actually finally have some forwards compared to the last couple of seasons and tom t and walker and parcell etc adding some x factor. If we had brett and lyon of 3 seasons ago we would be a top 4 side.

They are a reliability at the moment

While I'm glad we didn't get pumped, losing such a close one hurts.
I, for one, gave us no chance of getting even close up there tonight, but we had a real go.

A couple of observations;

Killer can't be left out in the centres. He's just too slow to make the defensive plays.

I really hope Snake is injured because, if not, he's doing the best impersonation of Foreign circa 2015 I've ever seen. Watching him be this ineffective is just painful.

AFB should never play NSW Cup again. I saw him against Wenty in about Round 3 and he terrorised them. The guy is a first grader. Pure and simple.

If we can just get some continuity with the side, we might actually be able to win a couple of games. I've forgotten what it's like to win.

A few questions I need answered but a better performance tonight.
  • Why did Brett knock the ball dead with 2 minutes remaining.
  • Why did the ref pull the knock on or supposedly knock on so quick.
  • The last penalty North Queensland got for Vave lying in the ruck was identical to what happened to us 4 tackles before.
Better effort tonight just lacked a 5/8 to help out DCE who was out on his feet.

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
9 6 3 57 14
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 4 5 -16 8
9 4 5 -19 8