Game Day: Manly v Cowboys [Round 16, 2016]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
How did it ever come to this given where we were at?? I refuse to accept that this year is a re-build. That is the type of deceitful talk we would get from that fat and disgusting zorba peters. Barrett got the players he wanted, including 4 representative ones at that, and released 2 of our most promising young backs. By his own admission, Barrett inherited an established squad. I could accept a re-build and the losses we are suffering if we had Parker, Ramien and Hynes starting in the backs, with Knight and Fonua Blake doing the same in the pack. That would have some value. What we are going through at the moment is the result of poor signings, bad list management and even worse decision making by the hierarchy. While Barrett and the entire coaching staff need to go, Kelly, Fulton and slimey Zorba Peters should be along side them. If the Penn's were not the owners, them too.

You make some good points IMO.

If this was a rebuilding year, why were we touted as a top 4 side in the pre-season? We recruited internationals in Myles, Taupau, Walker and Brown as well as Lussick and Koroisau. This was to add to classy veterans in Stewart, Lyon and Matai along with exciting youngsters like the Turbo's and new recruit Matt Parcell.

The way we went about recruiting in the pre-season it was supposed to be a case of not wanting to do a 5-year thing, we wanted to be our usual competitive selves from the get go.

The rebuilding line has only come out in recent weeks with our injury list and veterans all but gone due to injury and form.

Unfortunately as our injury list has shown, what we lacked was the depth to cover should something like that happen. Not once this year have we had what most would consider our best team on the park and not once have we managed to play 2 games in a row with the same 17 players.

Bit of good news for this game, Michael Morgan is in doubt for Game III with a PCL injury and if that is the case won't be there on against us on Monday night.

Thats a bonus.

Tamou, however, will be fresh as a daisy

Ant word on how Walker has pulled up?

Cowboys v Sea Eagles
7pm Monday at 1300 Smiles Stadium

Cowboys: Five-eighth Michael Morgan (PCL) is out. He has been sent for scans and the initial prognosis is that he will miss a month. With fill-in Ray Thompson (knee) also injured, Lachlan Coote could switch to the halves, with young gun Jahrome Hughes to come in at fullback. James Tamou (neck) picked up an minor injury in Origin and will be monitored. The Cowboys’ three other Origin reps — Johnathan Thurston, Matt Scott and Justin O’Neill — got through without injury, but coach Paul Green says he won’t hesitate to rest anyone.

Sea Eagles:Dylan Walker (shoulder/leg) battled on with injuries in Origin and is in doubt. Daly Cherry-Evans (ankle) has been named to return weeks early.

I'd be surprised if Walker plays , and apart from Morgan Id be surprised if the rest of the Boys SOO players didn't play!

Late Mail from NRL Supercoach Chat site, which is generally pretty good.

Cowboys will be without Morgan after he picked up a knee injury in Origin. Thompson picked up a knee injury in Rd 12 and hasn’t played since, if fit he would be a direct replacement for Morgan, if not the other option would be bring Hughes in at FB with Coote partnering Thurston in halves. Tamou could be rested due to a neck injury P.Kaufusi to come into 17. Both Thurston and Scott are both tipped to back up from Origin.

Sea Eagles team could look like a patchwork quilt with a number of players in doubt, they will have final training session on Sunday morning before travelling up to Townsville. DCE (ankle) and Walker (leg/shoulder) are both likely to be late scratchings, but ,Manly will receive a boast with Lyon tipped to return. He will come in at 5/8 to partner Koroisau in halves with either Brown or Leary starting at hooker, they also have Tom Trbojevic is doubt due to ongoing ankle injury.

Just watched the Manly-Cowboys final from 2011 on FOX. That last try with Buhrers massive break never fails to make me smile. A great moment as a Manly fan.
NYEagle

@:cry: I watched it too even T Rex was impressive then @:cry:

For this game against the Cows I'd like to see -
Walker back to centre where he plays his best footy.
Tom to fullback - give the kid a go. He deserves it.
Snake to 5/8 and instruct him to shuffle the ball out to Walker with Tom T chiming in.
Snake doesn't have a bad short kicking game. He could take the line on from close range.

If Stewart is off then take him out of the team immediately.

He has not given a **** all year to the detriment of the team and has had a "f*ck you" attitude for 2 years.

Thanks for the service, and here's your suitcase.

Sorry,but I am thoroughly over these twats that think the tail wags the dog.

Give the spot immediately to someone who wants yo wear the jersey.

In a game where 1% efforts make such a difference, having someone on the field flagrantly "phoning it in" is infuriating as a fan. As far as I am concerned he is going a long way towards ruining his legacy.

A nice pic especially for us girls HM. I am sure Niccipops will enjoy this as well. Thanks for posting.

Well We are up here in Townsville for the game on Monday night with 16 other Manly fans spending a week up here.I am staying with my daughter who is Manly mad and am looking forward to cheering them on at the stadium.Looking forward to the game and hope that we can atleast stay with the cows for most of the game.I am not expecting us to win but we need to show the boys that we are here in support.No work for me for a month so we are making the most of it up here until next Friday.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8