Game Day: Manly v Cowboys [Round 16, 2016]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
image.jpeg
The bookies know , we are $5.75 and the Boys $1.15.

Sadly, the boys by plenty!!

Easy money

Anyone know who actually flew up yesterday?

DCE, TTurbo, Lyon, Walker all in doubt.

I know Issac John is up there, possibly on stand by for Walker or DCE. I didn't know he was back but saw a photo of I'm with the boys in Townsville.

When Manly beat Souths 30-20 to go into the '13 GF.
After a Manly blunder which had Souths get away to a 14-0 lead, I recall Lyon really ripping into the Manly boys.
I think we're missing someone cracking the whip, making players accountable, on & off the field.
That def did happen, but it must've been the only time. Lyon is far too placid to crack anything.

We could let them score long range tries and maybe that would tire them out. They might even do a hammy or two. The old rope-a-dope.

Just laughed out loud.

I actually did this some years ago when coaching my son in a primary school team. The opposition had this giant islander kid who was impossible for normal human offspring to tackle, but he was not in what you would call prime condition.

I told the kids to let him make a break close to their own line but make sure they chased him hard all the way to the try line. Sure enough, 2 mins in, off goes the big fella chased by our whole team. Try scored, and as expected he was replaced.

He game on again in the 2nd half, and I called to my little bloke to do the same again, (we were up by 2 tries).

Next min the big fella comes charging up the field pursued again by our whole team, except for my idiot son who had ran past him yelling faster, faster they're catching you.

We are so bad that I accept that we'll lose tonight - first time since the Northern Eagles Daze - but I would just like to see a passionate effort in defence.
Unlikely, I know.

Last edited:
I hope Issac John gets a run tonight. Might be a positive point of difference in attack.

Agree. But that will make spine number 10 for the year I think.

I know we bag Barrett, but seriously it would make an experienced coach go into the fetal position.

Agree. But that will make spine number 10 for the year I think.

I know we bag Barrett, but seriously it would make an experienced coach go into the fetal position.
Is it really that many Woodsie?
That i did not know. So many negative stats this year. We've drifted out to $6 for tonight btw

Is it really that many Woodsie?
That i did not know. So many negative stats this year. We've drifted out to $6 for tonight btw

Don't know, I made that number up.

But it would be close given the number of games Brett, DCE, Lyons, parcell, Api, Godinot, Walker, Tom and even Leary have combined.

With the above Johns would be the 10 player to play in a spine position.

I just happened to be up late last night watching the Dublin 7's Women's Rugby qualification tournament for Rio.
Killer game the Spaniards got in, but what I noticed was some of the defensive structures from the ladies was better than what I have seen from Manly this year.
I hope Trent was watching too - anything to help!
NYEagle

Don't know, I made that number up.

But it would be close given the number of games Brett, DCE, Lyons, parcell, Api, Godinot, Walker, Tom and even Leary have combined.

With the above Johns would be the 10 player to play in a spine position.
Did Cliffy get a run...must have missed that @;)

I just happened to be up late last night watching the Dublin 7's Women's Rugby qualification tournament for Rio.
Killer game the Spaniards got in, but what I noticed was some of the defensive structures from the ladies was better than what I have seen from Manly this year.
I hope Trent was watching too - anything to help!
NYEagle

Anything to help alright, but we've already got Anthony Siebold. He had it all under control...

"Siebold said fixing the Manly defence was a major priority.

“In a lot of the key performance indicators for the 2015 season, Manly were in the bottom eight with regards to our defensive actions,’’ he said.

“We need to work really hard on our defence during the pre-season. We have introduced some new systems and new structures that take time to bed in with the players. It has been a very positive start over the past few weeks.”"

http://nrlportal.com/defence-the-main-focus-for-seibold/

Jesse Ramien not named in 20s in the late mail?
Is he out injured?
Would love to see Isaac John and cherry Evans in the halves!
I think Isaac John can be a good complement to dce.
Is a far better option when healthy then godinet and api

Just don't know if he has had enough games in reserve grade, I think he has only had one?

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 56 16
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8
8 3 5 -55 8