Game Day: Manly v Cowboys [Round 16, 2016]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Heard today from Brent Read of the Australian that a few "assistant coaches" could be moved on very shortly.Whether that's the likes of Cartwright or Siebold in top grade or anyone from the lower grades,I don't know,he didn't get into the specifics,but interesting times ahead
Was it in regards to manly or the nrl in general?

I'm thinking of tonight being a " no Silvertails" night.

If ( when ) we are getting flogged it will be a very unpleasant place to be on so it might be easier on my blood pressure just to watch, and when it starts getting really ugly turn it off.

Let's see anyway .

Just laughed out loud.

I actually did this some years ago when coaching my son in a primary school team. The opposition had this giant islander kid who was impossible for normal human offspring to tackle, but he was not in what you would call prime condition.

I told the kids to let him make a break close to their own line but make sure they chased him hard all the way to the try line. Sure enough, 2 mins in, off goes the big fella chased by our whole team. Try scored, and as expected he was replaced.

He game on again in the 2nd half, and I called to my little bloke to do the same again, (we were up by 2 tries).

Next min the big fella comes charging up the field pursued again by our whole team, except for my idiot son who had ran past him yelling faster, faster they're catching you.
Mate that a classic, great story. Laughed hard.

Brent Read is Zumba the Hutt's 'go to man'* at The American, so it could well be on the cards.

*He was the one that broke the story about Max D not meeting his payments to the club back in 2009, just before things span out of control at the season launch. Thanks Zumba.

Well ive gone hard = 1/2 pissed.
Do i go to the bowlo to watch the game in hope?
Or listen toit on the wireless at home with free piss.
Or C go to the bowlo till half time and come hime and drown my sorrows?

Nb how did i underline all of this?

That's pretty close to full strength,minus Matai and Parcell,so no real excuses tonight.i don't count Lawrence and definitely Myles as being in their full strength team based on this yrs form

It's all about attitude now or never
Dylan Walker showed in SOS what attitude in defence can be he was a whole lot better in that game
So hopefully he can rub that on the other players tonight we may not win but a big change in attitude may see some better results ahead
Go Manly

1. Brett Stewart
2. Jorge Taufua
3. Tom Trbojevic
6. Dylan Walker
4. Brayden Wiliame
20. Jamie Lyon (C)
7. Daly Cherry-Evans
8. Darcy Lussick
9. Api Koroisau
10. Martin Taupau
11. Nathan Green
12. Jamie Buhrer
13. Jake Trbojevic

Interchange:
14. Lewis Brown
15. Josh Starling
16. Addin Fonua-Blake
17. Siosaia Vave
Much better looking team. Go Manly.

Other than Green (would prefer T-Red, but only 1 red headed back rower per team aparently), I don't mind the look of that side.

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11
10 4 6 15 10