Post-Game Discussion Manly v Cowboys [Round 20, 2023]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Game Information

Sea Eagles
Vs
Cowboys
8 4 Pines Park
15 Jul 2023 17:30
80:00 minute

Match Stats

Jethro

Star Trekkin' across the universe
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Manly v Cowboys [Round 20, 2023]

Pre-Match Thread here

Game Day Thread here

MATCH DAY

Saturday 15th July 2023

Venue:
.... 4 Pines Park, Brookvale, NSW

NRL Kick Off Time:.... Manly Warringah Sea Eagles v North Queensland Cowboys: 5:30pm.

FULL TIME SCORE

Manly: 8
Cowboys: 19

361382115_847510736807176_1743431247463061227_n.jpg

Pic: Manly Warringah Sea Eagles Facebook Page

Team Victory Song:

giphy1.gif

Pressers:

Post Match Interviews: TBA

Match Report:

Game Stats Review:

Match Highlights:

Extended Match Highlights:

Full Match Replay Link:

Manly Tries:

Game Pics & Video Clips:

Press Print & Video Articles:

Unthinkable comeback flips NRL on its head

Sea Eagles Judiciary News:

Sea Eagles fullback Reuben Garrick was the only charge from Saturday's match after he was cited for a trip on Cowboys centre Valentine Holmes in the 26th minute. He faces a fine of $750-$1000.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gutsy performance. Probably didn't help that we had at least 12 six agains go against us. That was the performance of a 9th or 10th ranked team, which is where we will finish this year.

Honestly one of the worst refereeing performances I've seen for some time.

As bad as a Lachlan Croker dummy half pass.

Now I never wish injuries on players, but can we see a mixed dozen chooks and drizzle suspended from four to eight weeks for a variety of indiscretions, please footy gods I'm sorry about everything I said about the fabulous silvertails moderators, amen.

Goodnight feathered fiends.

Well 3 tries to 2.

Despite all the 6 agains.

Proud of our effort but some of our players sipley aren't good enough.
My exact summation

Attack was awful, but defensively they kept coming all night, the most tiring part of the game is when the opposition get 6 again late in the tackle count, and they dealt with that multiple times and kept scrambling, so they didn’t give up and show a lack of fitness like some would like to promote

All the experts at halftime said we were going to be hammered by 50, didn’t happen but those champions keep on coming lol

This has reminded me why I never usually visit the game day thread

Gutsy performance. Probably didn't help that we had at least 12 six agains go against us. That was the performance of a 9th or 10th ranked team, which is where we will finish this year.
Sorry but that was not gutsy
Gutsy having a dig and actually playing we did not do that tonight

Last edited:
Yeah, that was terrible....teams are just going to get their speedsters to run up tue middle of our ruck and tue plodders Woods and Toff will give them a nice hole to hit.

We have two of the quickest guys in the comp, but overall we seem soooo slow in attack.

We need more out of dummy half and more in attack than the obvious pass to Ola and no look passes to Parker. We don't even try and get Saab into space anymore, have we forgotten how fast he can run?

Anyway, lets blood some youngsters now...oh wait, thats right, we are letting them all go....

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8
8 3 5 -55 8