Post-Game Discussion Manly v Cowboys [Round 20, 2023]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Game Information

Sea Eagles
Vs
Cowboys
8 4 Pines Park
15 Jul 2023 17:30
80:00 minute

Match Stats

Why are people blaming the 6 agains? We had so many chances on their line and came up with nothing, DCE’s attacking kicking game was awful as usual. His ‘long kicking’ game straight to the opposition fullback and wingers didn’t make up for this, I cannot understand why he keeps getting away with rubbish play and guys like Schuster are copping **** when they are at least setting up tries.

Seibold is an awful coach and any Brooks or Lodge signings are going to make anything better

When we have a scrum 20-30m out, why do we never use the play to kick king for Saab anymore

So frustrating, it is a roll of the dice, but well worth the risk as he will beat any player if the fullback isn’t in place

Why are people blaming the 6 agains? We had so many chances on their line and came up with nothing, DCE’s attacking kicking game was awful as usual. His ‘long kicking’ game straight to the opposition fullback and wingers didn’t make up for this, I cannot understand why he keeps getting away with rubbish play and guys like Schuster are copping **** when they are at least setting up tries.

Seibold is an awful coach and any Brooks or Lodge signings are going to make anything better
Bring back Barrett.

Yes, we looked and were gassed but why were we gassed?

Some of you seem to think that we are just unfit but how could you not be gassed and continually make errors when we were exhausted from all of the extra work that we had to do because of all the six against that were awarded to the Cowboys with so many of them being close to our try line.

My concern with the recruitment for next year is that it does not seem to address our clear issue in the forwards.

Against top 8 teams we are typically getting dominated in the pack. I can not see how adding a halve is going to address it next year.

The talk of the 6 or 7 dominating on the back of that - well tell me how that works?

My concern with the recruitment for next year is that it does not seem to address our clear issue in the forwards.

Against top 8 teams we are typically getting dominated in the pack. I can not see how adding a halve is going to address it next year.

The talk of the 6 or 7 dominating on the back of that - well tell me how that works?
Agree , our forwards rarely dominate

That’s our major issue as when they do we look like a different side.

Saab seriously caught a cold out there tonight. How is it that every other side can get it to their speedsters but we leave them standing idle on the wings. That performance tonight was PATHETIC. In attack we posed ZERO threat. Just plodding along. Walking into the hit line. I’m so ****ing sick of going down to brook vale and watching the opposition play with more guts, more speed, more strength and more enthusiasm. Why the **** can’t we spark up even in front of a packed home ground. Seibold the fat **** needs to own that. There’s no pride in this team apart from Jake.

Agree. We wont get far if we keep losing the middle.

Aloiai and Sipley were both disappointing tonight. Woods does not offer enough impact from the bench.

Paseka can't do it on his own...

Koula looked really sharp at fullback, Matto was doing well including scoring a try but the ****wit Seibold wouldn’t dare stick to what was working and just had to put Garrick back at fullback. The bloke is just a worse version of Des with his selections and rotations and is terrified of making tough calls, only difference between them is that Seibold is letting our top juniors go and signing **** players that have the same agent as him. We are ****ed

I agree with you on DCEs performance tonight. He was rubbish. But schuster?!! Please. He was absolutely pathetic tonight. Fat, slow, doesnt take the line on, rubbish defender. The guy does one good pass a game and THAT IS IT. I hope he goes to the tigers. Honestly, he’s rubbish.

It doesn't ....... good old blind Freddy can see it but our crack team of coaches, management and owners can't see it?

• 👍
Reactions: lsz
I agree with you on DCEs performance tonight. He was rubbish. But schuster?!! Please. He was absolutely pathetic tonight. Fat, slow, doesnt take the line on, rubbish defender. The guy does one good pass a game and THAT IS IT. I hope he goes to the tigers. Honestly, he’s rubbish.
He's up there with the useless lump of dog turd Nate Myles as one of the biggest duds to have played for us.

Well 3 tries to 2.

Despite all the 6 agains.

Proud of our effort but some of our players sipley aren't good enough.
My view as well, we never gave up tho. Ref went 6 again crazy bs on us but not them. Our attack in the 2nd h was really clunky on their line. All our short kicks were defused easily, oh well see how we go next week.

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10
10 5 5 -56 10