Post-Game Discussion Manly v Cowboys [Round 20, 2023]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Game Information

Sea Eagles
Vs
Cowboys
8 4 Pines Park
15 Jul 2023 17:30
80:00 minute

Match Stats

It was a strange game. Cowboys were not much better than us. I was baffled when we were pressing their line with 10 or so minutes to go and we went and lost 30m. I was also glad they did not run away with the game. We did put up a fight. What are we doing at training though? Mathewson went ok. Def need to be better in attack. Don’t know how many times we gave them the ball back. That’s what got to me the most. Cowboys were not much better though.
Cowboys looked offside in that set of six from where I was sitting

Also sometimes I noticed Croker takes a step which gives the defence a jump.

I was at the game and thought we were pretty good. Cowboys were A little bit better but not much in it.

When Croker took that quick tap and was tackled on the second effort surely that was not just a six again but a prof foul and ten in the bin but the ref didn’t blow even a penalty. That looked really bad live especially with all the six agains the cows got. We could have scored next play but ref did nothing.

Riddle me this.

Team X has two wingers.

Winger 1 is about 6 foot 5 tall

Winger 2 is about 5 foot 6 tall.

When the captain of Team X decides to take a short goal line dropout, which winger should they target?

The one with the brighter undies ?

Obviously disappointed with the result but thought that at least Manly never gave up. But it is now obvious that the current line-up is just not competitive against good opposition.
Probably too late now for this season but some suggested changes I would like to see are: 1. Move Olakauatu from the edge and put him in the front row. This guy has no ball skills and is stifling Koula (who is a completely wasted potential match winner). 2. To replace him I would move Brad Parker to the right edge. I think his future is definitely in the forwards so lets make the move now.
There would be no problem with his defence and he may be able to give Koula some space. Unfortunately Schuster is looking to be too slow and cumbersome at 5/8, but do not thing there is any obvious replacement (perhaps Matterson)?

Also hope no more with the Woods nonsense - ridiculous that he is there instead of Keppie.
With the shortcomings of this group of players now confirmed the new signings for next year look to be very appropriate.

We need a wrestling coach.
and an attack coach.
Other than that we aren't too far off
Schuster may end up the worst player in the world (joking, but ...run the ball! All his runners are easy pickings becuase the defence knows he won't run it himself. It's bloody weird)

We need a wrestling coach.
and an attack coach.
Other than that we aren't too far off
Schuster may end up the worst player in the world (joking, but ...run the ball! All his runners are easy pickings becuase the defence knows he won't run it himself. It's bloody weird)
On the couple of times he does run it, he looks so much more dangerous. My concern is that he doesn't want to get hurt and the more he runs the higher the chance. Maybe he spent enough time around Foz and thought - stuff that!

On the couple of times he does run it, he looks so much more dangerous. My concern is that he doesn't want to get hurt and the more he runs the higher the chance. Maybe he spent enough time around Foz and thought - stuff that!

Well he's apparently going to be a forward next year so something needs to change.

We can't be carrying a starting forward (on somewhere north of $600k) who doesn't make good runs because the whole team will start to suffer.

Well he's apparently going to be a forward next year so something needs to change.

We can't be carrying a starting forward (on somewhere north of $600k) who doesn't make good runs because the whole team will start to suffer.
Yep, absolutely.

I'd suggest Sipley, Woods and Bullemore wont be in the 17 next week.

I'd be happy if Aloiai was gone too.
Bully was off tonight, though he has been consistent this season.

Woods and Sipley are not in the best 17 on form.

Alioia is the bloke that needs time in NSW cup, any luck it harms his ego and wants a release.

I'm not buying this. You can't tell me a team who couldn't beat dirt out of a rug for half the season and got flogged by 66 points by the Tigers turned it around in 1 week and are giant killers beating Storm, Panthers, Souths and who now play non stop at 100 mph. I'm not drinking the kool- aide here. They've been to the Hulk Hogan school of say your prayers eat your vitamins and get juiced up. This stinks of the 1997 Knights junkies all over.

DCE wass atrocious. Manly only scored 8 points because DCE in attack was an abomination. His only “good” attack was a 40/20 attempt in the 1st half which wasn’t successful. The rest of the game he was throwing visionless short balls which did nothing, and was ignoring Koula at centre & Saab all night.
DCE is always garage in big games against teams who play well, which is a constant theme.

Here‘s Photo proof of DCE ruining 1 of 3 easy tries. Takes a run instead of an easy pass to an open Koula or a wide open Saab.

DCE also gave away at lest 2 six-again which he’s not getting blamed for.

And I have to say that even though Jerbo is amazing in defence most of the time, he literally gives you zero in attack which is practically playing only half the game, and getting paid $900,000 a year for playing half the game.

Attachments

• 8DF5CB67-8421-4482-B5BD-D4FA9F620CBF.jpeg
    8DF5CB67-8421-4482-B5BD-D4FA9F620CBF.jpeg
    388.9 KB · Views: 18
We have to many big boppers in the middle who get gassed quick and have limited lateral movement, Jake to prop rotation, Croker needs to get a break as well, bench Hooker, Utility,2 Props, Need a ball playing/ Worker 13

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8