Manly v Cowboys [Round 7 2014]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Stewart through the legs went backward out of the hands and floated forward. Don't know what the fuss was about.

Souths scored an identical try against us last year, with Sutton stepping back in after the decoy obstructed our trailing defender. There wasn't so much as a raised eyebrow from the commentariat after that try. However, we have to put up with a whole weekend of Thurston getting back slapped for his requests for a inquisition.

I also feel dirty because it looked like the trailer was impeded. Just can't work out why there wasn't as much sooking from the commentators after Suttons try against us last year.

voicefromthehill said:
Cows had 55% possession - they failed to truly take advantage of it. The obstruction was 50/50, no way he would have prevented the try. Belief won the game, not the ref

I do believe this game was more about belief than anything else. Years of nurturing certain beliefs and culture showed up tonight.

Also, yeah we turned over some ball and were nowhere near as sharp as we should have been, but the Cows had a stack of possession and Thurston was on song and our defence did well to limit their tries. The pleasing thing was we had enough guts to hang in there and take advantage (and ride our luck) when we got the opportunities. Good win.

Ryan said:
bennyeagle said:
Forans try is a no try, and theoretically the cows should have won 21-20, I feel dirty !

Disagree..and without bias. The defender CHOSE to tackle Buhrer, and changed his trajectory to do so.
The Cows missed some easy goals that would've got them home. There's so many variables that can swing the game.

Will Thurston come out and say we were robbed for not getting a penalty for the first 47 mins when there were many opportunities to award penalties?

Will Thurston acknowledge that a penalty was due for the attempted decapitation of Brett Stewart?

Will Thurston acknowledge how ridiculous it was to penalise Lyon for shouldering?

Cry me a river.

Have just watched the first 15 min ( courtesy of Gold coast ch9 showing Broncos on 2 stations) and we are all over them so far. Cows look like a rabble.

Look getting the win is great but personally i don't think we deserved it. I would be filthy if that obstruction try got awarded against us. I also cant look past some of the soft defence tonight. Hopefully we have a full team next week and we can finally put in an 80 min performance.

Gift had a blinder, and his brother wasn't far behind.

I hope Dave Perry took notice, they must do whatever it takes to make sure the Stewart Bros finish their careers in maroon and white.

I think that game balances the ledger for the Storm game. Hope the team can tighten up and improve the areas that need it

torana355 said:
Look getting the win is great but personally i don't think we deserved it. I would be filthy if that obstruction try got awarded against us. I also cant look past some of the soft defence tonight. Hopefully we have a full team next week and we can finally put in an 80 min performance.

We got ripped in the GF and no one gave a **** about us!!!

Aren't we allowed to get a call go our way for a change??

voicefromthehill said:
Cows had 55% possession - they failed to truly take advantage of it. The obstruction was 50/50, no way he would have prevented the try. Belief won the game, not the ref

It shows why the cows always falter in the finals. They Never play 80 mins. They look good for 60, but have no ability to hang tough and strike when the run of play is against them,

Shoe1 said:
HK_Eagle said:
We did not deserve that at all. I think years of growing a strong culture and self-belief has probably won us that game (as opposed to the beliefs the cowgirls have probably developed over recent years).

It's strange to have official calls go our way after years of perceived injustices... And ironic it's the Cows again, since it was the Hand Of Foz I remember as the last distinct one.

But, that was a really piss poor performance tonight as a team. I guess it's not so easy to build systems as opposed to relying on individual brilliance. We need to believe in the systems and the team, and never rely on individuals, IMO. So, if we need to let go of the Gifts or others along the way, I'm understanding of that (though prefer it not to happen).
We deserved it c'mon, never gave up, missing dce, missing choc, that's a brave win.

Well, "deserve" is a subjective term, coloured by numerous myths and narratives. On the night, no we didn't deserve it. Over the last decade, I would argue the other way and say, yes we deserved it.

Geez I get sick of all this."I feel dirty","cows were robbed", "real ordinary performance" stuff from our own supporters.Who gives a **** about the cowboys,did anyone give a toss about us when we got dudded in the GF. No!!!!! Have a stiff glass of cement you naysayers and rejoice in the fact that you follow a team of fighters who have made the 8 for a decade....this is what it is all about.Every week someone has a gripe about winning ugly,we were lucky....just enjoy it ffs.

torana355 said:

Nah if a team got awarded that try agin us I wouldn't have blanched. The defender couldn't have prevented a try even with no buhrer

the mauler said:
torana355 said:

We got ripped in the GF and no one gave a ... about us!!!

Aren't we allowed to get a call go our way for a change??

Look i understand that i was just pointing out that we did not play very well for a large period of that match. If we play like that against a decent team we would have been lapped like the Tigers game again.

100% susan. Have a look in the first half at Manly6-0 up when the Cows dummy half stepped away from the play the ball and Gift batted his arm, causing a forward pass or knock on. The referees decided that Gift wasn't square at marker and had reached around! Penalty! Manly never saw the ball again until the 2nd half and 3 Cows tries later.

I don't feel sorry for the Cows. How could anyone feel any sympathy for that sook Thurston?
Manly won without DCE & with Choc going off injured. Truth be known, they don't react well to positional changes. They dropped a lot of ball but still found a way to win.
So..... don't stress and be happy.

Yup..well said susan..**** em...at the end of the day..qe are 5 wins ans 2.losses..the rest of the nrl can **** off. People always want winners to fail, and we just don't

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11
10 4 6 15 10