Manly v Des.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
with Des and penn, there personal issues derailed last season to some extent and would have continued to this season.

they should never be associated with anything manly again at the same time and thats all i hope for

penns record isnt flash. he is probably wooden spoon material when it comes to coaches and CEO history
dessies has footy success and his speech with the pride round was very very good but doesnt win us games

if penn wins im sure it will be news. If a settlement is reached it will be hush hush

This thread is going down the Manase F Road. He said she said they reported the one armed man did it blah nlah blah....( sorry that was the Harrison ford movie the Fugitive)
The club is a basket case which is full of agendas form our usless owner and his hires.

Maybe Des and Penn should headline the Main Card on a pay per view boxing match. lol . It would probably rate better than Junior Paolo vs Ben Hannant or any other NRL player boxing stoush.

Wonder how the Titans board are feeling on this. Surely they wouldnt want this being a distraction to a new season with their new coach.
Won't distract Des, he's got a new job, plenty of money, for him it's probably just a personal desire to annoy Penn.
(Titans board though should keep it in mind for when they sack Des a few years from now)

This thread is going down the Manase F Road. He said she said they reported the one armed man did it blah nlah blah....( sorry that was the Harrison ford movie the Fugitive)
The club is a basket case which is full of agendas form our usless owner and his hires.
Come on now sonny boy, it was David Jansen
1696915188368.jpeg

We got beaten comfortably by a poor Dragons team before the rainbow round and lost the 5 weeks after, including 4 floggings and a loss to a Dogs team that hadn't beaten us in 5 years. Frustrating this has come up again but some need to realise we were not having a good season regardless of the rainbow jersey, and it's not unusual for a coach to be sacked with a losing record over 4 seasons at a club

I thank Des for the success he brought to the club but that was 12 years ago now, in that time he's left clubs on bad terms 3 times including ours twice. Good luck Titans

We got beaten comfortably by a poor Dragons team before the rainbow round and lost the 5 weeks after, including 4 floggings and a loss to a Dogs team that hadn't beaten us in 5 years. Frustrating this has come up again but some need to realise we were not having a good season regardless of the rainbow jersey, and it's not unusual for a coach to be sacked with a losing record over 4 seasons at a club

I thank Des for the success he brought to the club but that was 12 years ago now, in that time he's left clubs on bad terms 3 times including ours twice. Good luck Titans
100 %
We all thank Des for his previous success as inspirational and passionate winning player and coach
Des will always remain a Many Legend for his Legendary Premiership Wining Ways

But all good things come an end, and in his second coming he was not able to live up to his legendary trade mark under the radar success.
The rainbow incident was no excuse for his underachievement as you quite rightly say @JakeyB789 that our team was inconsistently vying for a top 8 spot well before that as we were far from dominating and his game plans and team selections were puzzling

I daresay what Des is really seeking is his salary for 2023, as he was sacked one year short of his contracted term.

No doubt lawyers have advised him to go big & ask for more (e.g. damages for not being extended for 2024) because if the court doesn't rule in his favour on that part, they'll probably rule in his favour on his salary for 2023.

The club is taking the classic stance of undermining/sullying Des' character to avoid having to stump up for the potential 2024 extension while Des & his lawyers are probably laughing at how quickly the club fell into their 4D chess trap.

I think he's entitled to his salary for 2023 & no more & I doubt he really wants or expects any more than that. The club offering him only 6 months' worth of that is a slap in the face, considering they fired him for no good reason (other than Penn's ego being bruised).

Regardless of how much money he's made in the past 15 years, he has essentially been jobless/unpaid for 2023 & not many of us could afford to do that, so I think the club owe him that.

I daresay what Des is really seeking is his salary for 2023, as he was sacked one year short of his contracted term.

No doubt lawyers have advised him to go big & ask for more (e.g. damages for not being extended for 2024) because if the court doesn't rule in his favour on that part, they'll probably rule in his favour on his salary for 2023.

The club is taking the classic stance of undermining/sullying Des' character to avoid having to stump up for the potential 2024 extension while Des & his lawyers are probably laughing at how quickly the club fell into their 4D chess trap.

I think he's entitled to his salary for 2023 & no more & I doubt he really wants or expects any more than that. The club offering him only 6 months' worth of that is a slap in the face, considering they fired him for no good reason (other than Penn's ego being bruised).

Regardless of how much money he's made in the past 15 years, he has essentially been jobless/unpaid for 2023 & not many of us could afford to do that, so I think the club owe him that.
I respectfully disagree. Des chose & coached the team that lost multiple games in a row regardless of the rainbow stuff. He seems to have these type of 'management situations' set on repeat.

We were going OK until round 19 when the wheels fell off. After rainbow gate we didn't win another one.

Des was a great Manly player and coach in his first stint.
He shouldn't have been in the position to leave all those years ago but the club didn't want to pay a premiership winning salary and set some crazy KPI's he had to meet, why would you play that game when we were a premiership force.

All the issues at Manly over the last 15 years have one common dominator which is Penn.
I wonder how much different things would have been if they offered Des a decent contract and not insist on unrealistic KPIs over 10 years ago.
I would expect at least 1 or 2 more premierships to our name.

I respectfully disagree. Des chose & coached the team that lost multiple games in a row regardless of the rainbow stuff. He seems to have these type of 'management situations' set on repeat.
Regardless of where we came in season 2022, he was still contracted for 2023. The extension clause was for 2024 only & only if we made the top 6 (I believe?).

So being sacked before his contract for 2023 means he was not paid for the final year of his contract.

The club has tried to settle, offering him 6 months worth of the 12 months he was entitled to.

Regardless of where we came in season 2022, he was still contracted for 2023. The extension clause was for 2024 only & only if we made the top 6 (I believe?).

So being sacked before his contract for 2023 means he was not paid for the final year of his contract.

The club has tried to settle, offering him 6 months worth of the 12 months he was entitled to.
It seems as though where Des goes havoc soon follows.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8