Pre-Game Manly v Eels [Round 21, 2022]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

20 36
4 Pines Park
05 Aug 2022 07:55 PM

Team Lists

But again ... you appear to be contributing blame on the football clubs ... and very little to the players ...

Football clubs are not charities, and they have salary caps and fans with high expectations ... and although they will never get every decision correct ... the good ones are pretty good at sorting out the numb-skulls from the numbnuts ..

Woodsie. Do you really think players set out to be at fault. A player isnt going to intentionally shoot himself in the foot. They will try their best to enhance their standing. They may lose form, they may try playing on when they are carrying injuries, and I'm sure many do. But what reason would they have for diminishing their value. Confidence is a big issue, especially if one feels that they are not being appreciated. We all want to be liked. Clubs and coaches hold the pay packet. And sometimes its a ruthless process, when a club or coach has to look beyond the individual player and at the big picture. Players want the opportunity of playing in roles they know they are good at so their value is enhanced. Logical. And they are as I said human, not robots. Sometimes the body isnt operating at the level you want. And then sometimes coaches have their own ideas about what is best for a player, which in the end on occasions is counter productive. Surprise. Coaches are human too and not infallible and they also make mistakes. But they hold the stick and candy

Not trying to be provocative about the pride jersey or anything, but just quietly, how good does it look to see all Maroon and White - LOVE IT!! I love that our sponsors have allowed us to use their logos in white versions. Such strong branding!!! Makes our brand look like a really solid outfit. Reminds me of an NFL team - or one of the super strong Premiere league teams. I hope we can keep this arrangement for a few years more - if not forever. It's so much better. Whoever brokered this deal in the marketing dept needs a pat on the back IMO. Looks highly professional.
Don't forget the trade off was us wearing a black t-shirt with a red Pointsbet logo for a game (or was it two ?) earlier this year

Absolutely not. There is no nexus to this suggestion and my opinion. I suggested a coach of the ilk of Payton or Fitzgibbon. They are a very different proposition to Barrett. So I don’t understand your reference.

Absolutely not. There is no nexus to this suggestion and my opinion. I suggested a coach of the ilk of Payton or Fitzgibbon. They are a very different proposition to Barrett. So I don’t understand your reference.
Just what we need another rookie..

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7