Post-Game Discussion Manly v Eels [Round 22, 2021]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Game Information

Sea Eagles
Vs
Eels
56 Sunshine Coast Stadium
14 Aug 2021 19:35
80th minute

Match Stats

Des looked so happy in the press conference he wanted to make it short so he could get back to the guys. Gave Garrett a super rap and DCE a wrap too. Now if they can get over Canberra (probably without Parker for a week), they should win the last two easily and end on 34 and a fourth spot and Round 2 against the Storm, as long as the Bunnies dispose of the Roosters in 2 weeks
Des looked like he just skulled a couple of cans before the presser

The discussion around the Eels falling off a cliff...I personally believe that when your only game plan is run hard, tackle hard and play with intensity, you are bound to run out of steam. Arthur smashes the team week in week out with relentless intensity and you can only go to well some many times. No wonder they run out of gas every year.
And they hardly played any of the top 4 earlier in the year , except an understrength Melbourne team. pretenders

I'm still trying to figure out if we were that good or they were so bad, our completions were only 79% in the first half yet we led by 20, doesn't say much for the opposition.

Either way, who cares, Parra can go choke on ......

The discussion around the Eels falling off a cliff...I personally believe that when your only game plan is run hard, tackle hard and play with intensity, you are bound to run out of steam. Arthur smashes the team week in week out with relentless intensity and you can only go to well some many times. No wonder they run out of gas every year.
That's exactly it... they have no Plan B.

IMO only Melbourne under Bellamy can really play finals intensity football for an entire season and they are extremely well drilled. Not entirely sure how they manage it but being the best resourced club certainly helps with that.
Bennett and Hasler coached teams always tend to start the season slowly and build towards the finals which has collectively worked for decades with hardly a missed finals campaign between them.

I would say that surely BA would have (or should have) realised this by now, but his time as head coach would surely (this time) be drawing to a close.

I'm still trying to figure out if we were that good or they were so bad, our completions were only 79% in the first half yet we led by 20, doesn't say much for the opposition.

Either way, who cares, Parra can go choke on ......
Our attack is phenomenal. We make the slightest sniff of a chance into points. How often do you see 3 players from the same team in top try scorers.

So even with dodgy posession we will still score.

We need to tighten that up because finals footy won't be about blowing teams away or getting into a points battle

That try when we were up 20-0 that Walker scored off the back of the break down the line by Garrick was simply all-time.

Watch that a few times, and tell me you're not smiling at the over-rated players left in the wake of a Manly cyclone.

(Updated link to game highlights, coz screw Murdoch and his crap websites linking main page not intended video)

Last edited:
I'm not getting too carried away. Before we were 13 on 11 the scoreline was just a solid win. The thrashing came late.

The Eels were also absolutely awful. I think until we get to the point where we are holding the ball and being absolutely clinical we will still struggle against the other top 4 sides (I think we will be one of them now).

I didn't think there was any serious chance of us losing this game. Parra are shot and it looks like things are rotten behind the scenes for them.

Our attack is phenomenal. We make the slightest sniff of a chance into points. How often do you see 3 players from the same team in top try scorers.

So even with dodgy posession we will still score.

We need to tighten that up because finals footy won't be about blowing teams away or getting into a points battle
It's amazing what a difference 12 months and a Tommy Turbo makes.

Horhay was our top try scorer last year with........wait for it..........7...........yes 7 tries.

If we play like that next week we'll smash them. Depends who the ref is, as all they have is rushing defence (i.e. off side), one on one strips and slowing down the ruck. They won't ambush us twice in the one season. I expect another solid win.
Yea but we did turn over possession too much for my liking. We did that against Canberra last game and look what happened. It’s all well and good being able to put points on but we don’t want to beat ourselves and I must admit we have been known to do it. We ambushed ourselves against Canberra and that’s the only thing that worries me.

That try when we were up 20-0 that Walker scored off the back of the break down the line by Garrick was simply all-time.

Watch that a few times, and tell me you're not smiling at the over-rated players left in the wake of a Manly cyclone.

I don’t even have to rewatch it I can see see the queen getting rolled and Moses bouncing off in my head, it’s a lovely memory to store

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11