Post-Game Discussion Manly v Eels [Round 22, 2021]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Game Information

Sea Eagles
Vs
Eels
56 Sunshine Coast Stadium
14 Aug 2021 19:35
80th minute

Match Stats

56-10

Woohoo!

Had to wait till 11 am to watch today (ugh).

Boy oh boy... didn't the ref give them a hand just before and after halftime!?! You wouldn't think Manly scored 26 in the first the way we were being strangled at the start of the second.

Parra were so bad eventually the ref gave up. (lol).

what a ridiculous 'shoulder charge' penalty by the ref.

If the MRC are serious then none of the 3 Manly players on report have anything to fear.

Unlike people outside, I just heard a massive squeel of the brakes followed by a hugh smash and crunching of metal!!!

sirens now.... hope everyone is ok. - edit. everyone is ok

I think I saw @Cameron on tv..!

Last edited:
Don’t forget it’s TWO floggings in the one year !!
I don't know if I'm typical or atypical but my dislike of the Eels has grown year by year since I first started supporting Manly back in the dark ages. I rate the matches against Parra right up there with grandfinals and state of origin deciders. Beating the Eels comprehensively twice makes 2001 a great year :).

Add a grandfinal and a Blues win in the SOO and the world's a wonderful place.

I'm still trying to figure out if we were that good or they were so bad, our completions were only 79% in the first half yet we led by 20, doesn't say much for the opposition.

Either way, who cares, Parra can go choke on ......
We weee that good. Couple of errors late in the first half up 24 just throwing it around. The style we play will naturally have us completing a little lower. It doesn’t matter as long as those errors ain’t inside our 30. Gee out defence was good last night. Brown didn’t want to take it to the line kept dropping it haha. And Jake just keeps quietly folding guys in half. I cannot remember a more technically complete tackler who has the ability to level blokes with technique. It’s one of my favorite things to watch when we play.

We weee that good. Couple of errors late in the first half up 24 just throwing it around. The style we play will naturally have us completing a little lower. It doesn’t matter as long as those errors ain’t inside our 30. Gee out defence was good last night. Brown didn’t want to take it to the line kept dropping it haha. And Jake just keeps quietly folding guys in half. I cannot remember a more technically complete tackler who has the ability to level blokes with technique. It’s one of my favorite things to watch when we play.
Sounds like you p!ssed yourself in your excitement :rofl:

Eels investigation imminent

At least 6 eels players appear to have been to hairdressers in the past week, in a flagrant breach of covid rules.

It is believed that hairdressers were smuggled into the eels’ bubble, with a range of bleaching, dyeing and other hair care products.

When probed after the game a newly coiffed and blond Dylan Brown denied the accusation, “I’m a natural blond, I just let it grow out.”

How bad are the brown brothers Nathan and Dylan? Completely out of form.

Nathan can’t catch and looked very down, no energy. I shudder that there were silvertails wanting him to come to manly.

Dylan has no impact, passes way before the line and is very passive for a half. Great hair though.

How good is that. @Mark from Brisbane I am a little worried that your best mate is a Parra supporter. Very poor judgement mate. Very poor.
The funny story with that is we were put into two seperate junior league teams when we were 8 years old , back then the league used Sydney teams jerseys for the teams , yes I was put in Manly colours and he played in another side , in Parramatta colours.

That’s how we both started as footy fans, that was 1963.

A few random Sunday morning thoughts;
What has Manly got against their ex coaching staff, haven’t done the maths but for and against for Barrett, Arthur, Cartwright would be massive in 2021

Nathan Brown is rubbish, thank god we didn’t get him - 2 dropped balls were hilarious

The King took about $600k off his asking price last night, and how the F did Moses play Origin - Fittler should be pistol whipped for selecting him ahead of Cody Walker

Always great to beat the slime but putting 50 on them is priceless

The funny story with that is we were put into two seperate junior league teams when we were 8 years old , back then the league used Sydney teams jerseys for the teams , yes I was put in Manly colours and he played in another side , in Parramatta colours.

That’s how we both started as footy fans, that was 1963.
That’s a massive load to carry for a young guy to carry through life, wearing a Parramatta jersey when you’re 7.

A few random Sunday morning thoughts;
What has Manly got against their ex coaching staff, haven’t done the maths but for and against for Barrett, Arthur, Cartwright would be massive in 2021

Nathan Brown is rubbish, thank god we didn’t get him - 2 dropped balls were hilarious

The King took about $600k off his asking price last night, and how the F did Moses play Origin - Fittler should be pistol whipped for selecting him ahead of Cody Walker

Always great to beat the slime but putting 50 on them is priceless
Anyone know why the King is taking their place kicks instead of Moses.

zing!

Gus Gould says Parramatta's woes stem from being a 'manufactured' team.

"They fold under pressure every time. As soon as some team takes it to [them] they get isolated as a team. There's no sense of team, there's no sense of resilience about them, there's no common cause about them," Gould said.

"It's kind of like as soon as they're challenged, they break up, they isolate, and it's every man for themselves – and we saw that tonight again.

"They're not like the top-two teams [the Storm and Panthers ]; the top-two teams are developed teams, they're kids that have come through together, playing together for a long period of time, they've been in the Storm system or the Panthers system, and even South Sydney and the Roosters have more of a culture and more of a feel and a personality and character about their club than what this Parramatta team does at the moment.

"And that's not casting aspersions on individuals; it's just the way it's been crafted and brought together and cobbled together with high-price purchases. It's not always the way to win a premiership."

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10
10 5 5 -56 10