Post-Game Discussion Manly v Eels [Round 22, 2021]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Game Information

Sea Eagles
Vs
Eels
56 Sunshine Coast Stadium
14 Aug 2021 19:35
80th minute

Match Stats

That was sensational!

The way our boys ripped into them from the get go meant that any emotion they were feeling about a week of navel gazing from their part was blown away by our teams outrageous skill and confidence.

What I loved about last night was the intensity the boys played with. Learning from mistakes from the previous weak. Being brave and continuely challenging their edge defence all night.

Tommy was amazing again and I have not seen DCE play better than what he did last night. Our guns are firing and behind them are a bunch of hard working guys like Foran, Croker who are ensuring that the spine of the team functions so well.

We have a wonderful balance of youth and experience and the joy the guys are showing in how they play tells me there are some great days to come as they are quite a relentless team now.

They tortured the Whingers all night, gave them no peace and exploited every weakness shown.

We are in the picture and its in our hands what we achieve this season.

They have come such a long way since the disaster of the first four games.

Des Hasler for me is coach of the year because he has turned a train wreck of a team into title contenders.

It is so nice to see, my only solace is I cant be there in person to witness what this team is doing and the first thing I will do when I can is get a new season ticket as watching this team evolve and grow and become title challengers is amazing to witness.

As a resident of Parramatta it is always satisfying to see Manly obliterate them and it was the 3rd biggest win in my 46 years as a fan against them.

We some team folks!

The funny story with that is we were put into two seperate junior league teams when we were 8 years old , back then the league used Sydney teams jerseys for the teams , yes I was put in Manly colours and he played in another side , in Parramatta colours.

That’s how we both started as footy fans, that was 1963.
Your poor mate. I would have reported that club for child abuse. And he’s never recovered by the sounds! I hope his getting the therapeutic support he needs as an adult. Haha

That’s a massive load to carry for a young guy to carry through life, wearing a Parramatta jersey when you’re 7.
Couldn't agree more, the missus and I were in Wagga a fortnight ago wandering through K-Mart and there was a young family with two boys both decked out in Parra gear browsing through the aisles, the missus had to grab me by the collar and drag me away before I could scold the parents for child abuse, I couldn't make the wife understand that those kids will be scarred for life unless the authorities step in and move them out of that twisted environment

king gutho 😂
677BF9E7-300E-4435-AE70-5E99F64A2A28.jpeg

That was sensational!

The way our boys ripped into them from the get go meant that any emotion they were feeling about a week of navel gazing from their part was blown away by our teams outrageous skill and confidence.

What I loved about last night was the intensity the boys played with. Learning from mistakes from the previous weak. Being brave and continuely challenging their edge defence all night.

Tommy was amazing again and I have not seen DCE play better than what he did last night. Our guns are firing and behind them are a bunch of hard working guys like Foran, Croker who are ensuring that the spine of the team functions so well.

We have a wonderful balance of youth and experience and the joy the guys are showing in how they play tells me there are some great days to come as they are quite a relentless team now.

They tortured the Whingers all night, gave them no peace and exploited every weakness shown.

We are in the picture and its in our hands what we achieve this season.

They have come such a long way since the disaster of the first four games.

Des Hasler for me is coach of the year because he has turned a train wreck of a team into title contenders.

It is so nice to see, my only solace is I cant be there in person to witness what this team is doing and the first thing I will do when I can is get a new season ticket as watching this team evolve and grow and become title challengers is amazing to witness.

As a resident of Parramatta it is always satisfying to see Manly obliterate them and it was the 3rd biggest win in my 46 years as a fan against them.

We some team folks!
I think Robbo is probably the coach of the year at this point. That Roosters injury toll is like nothing I have ever seen. How they are in the top 4 with the disruptions and patched together team they have, is simply remarkable.

Kudos to Des though for pulling us out of the fire, but yeah, Robbo must be one hell of a coach.

Wow!! our tactical kicking game was on show last night, kicking deep into the corners turning the tired eels forwards around and making them trudge back into position. Loved how we targeted Sivo, one commentator said it was like watching a battleship turnaround, lol. This could be our blueprint to a Premiership, beating sides with pinpoint kicks and up in your face surging defence.

I think Robbo is probably the coach of the year at this point. That Roosters injury toll is like nothing I have ever seen. How they are in the top 4 with the disruptions and patched together team they have, is simply remarkable.

Kudos to Des though for pulling us out of the fire, but yeah, Robbo must be one hell of a coach.
They have a huge junior area to pick from 😁

Happy days ... life just seems to be better and have more meaning after whupping slime arrse ... the grass greener, the coffee better .. lockdown, no problem .. the cries and moans from the oneeyedeel forum sounding like a Vilvadi string concerto ...

And you saved your $$$ with those juicy Parra odds.

Being a bit harsh on Vivaldi though.

And it's Manly's first Parra sweep since 2013 (I think fox said).

Enjoy!!!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8