Pre-Game Manly v Panthers [Round 5, 2024]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

32 18
4 Pines Park
06 Apr 2024 05:30 PM

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
If they can't react after that pitiful performance then nothing will motivate them to get better. I agree that they will play better but that Penrith club is just a juggernaught.
They are a “ systems “ club , much like Melbourne used to be ( less so these days), the player coming in to replace another knows exactly what he has to do to “ complete the cog “. They are also blessed with the strongest nursery in the game , hundreds of talented kids ALL wanting to be a Panther.

God help us , but they could be another St George.

Agree but , as I said , I don’t expect a win but hope for a much better performance.

JFH and Martin have been named. They are pretty much full strength besides the Chin
That's bad news, with Martin and Fish now playing it's going to be a mighty challenge for our forwards to at least hold there own in the fwd exchanges.

That's bad news, with Martin and Fish now playing it's going to be a mighty challenge for our forwards to at least hold there own in the fwd exchanges.
I doubt they can , at best they can limit the damage.

A loss , against the threepeat Premiers is something most sides will cop all year , it’s the magnitude of that loss that’ll be the point.

Its a funny old game, play like last week and we will be lashed. Stand up and fight and get the Brooky crowd involved, you never know.

Again I find it strange that Bullemor is again out of the side when others are surely on their last warning in the pack!
I think it’s largely down to “ redemption “ for last week.

Not a bad plan really.

But it has to work doesn’t it!!!

Last edited:
Cleary said on the Footy Show that Liam Martin's likely to miss our game with an AC shoulder injury. If that's fact or fiction remains to be seen.
Looks like it was fiction, according to their team list...sorry about that.

Pussycat, Pussycat
I Hate You
Yes I Do
1712041955755.png

I think the team selection, after 1 bad game , is spot on.

Those players deserve a chance at redemption.

The time for changes is if they come out on Saturday with the exact same attitude.

Although , and those calling for mass changes feel free to add your bit , after looking at the BWSE game last Saturday who deserved instant elevation ????

The answer is , not one of them !!!

Their game was just as abysmal as first grade.

We need Saab back pronto ( another 2 weeks it appears ) and Lodge ( if he hasn’t lost a lot due to his ACL) , both would beef up the side.

Bullemor is the only regular first grader sitting back in reserves.

So yes you could have Bullemor in AoA out I guess but not much eise you could do until those two injured players return.

Last edited:
I doubt they can , at best they can limit the damage.

A loss , against the threepeat Premiers is something most sides will cop all year , it’s the magnitude of that loss that’ll be the point.
I feel more confident we win this one than st merge last week. Sounds crazy but I reckon we get up at home. And wasn’t the game last year at brookie pretty close until that stupid kicking dual try?

Thoughts ?

1712045964057.png

I don't understand why we are so short. If I was at all mercenary, I'd be taking Penrith at the -3.5

MATCH OFFICIALS:

Todd Smith
Referee

Ziggy Przeklasa-Adamski *
Touch Judge

Phil Henderson
Touch Judge

Cameron Turner
Standby Touch Judge

Grant Atkins
Senior Review Official

* Denotes standby referee.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

MATCH OFFICIALS:

Todd Smith
Referee

Ziggy Przeklasa-Adamski *
Touch Judge

Phil Henderson
Touch Judge

Cameron Turner
Standby Touch Judge

Grant Atkins
Senior Review Official

* Denotes standby referee.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
The first touchie has the coolest name ever, and will be exempt from my abuse this week.

I feel more confident we win this one than st merge last week. Sounds crazy but I reckon we get up at home. And wasn’t the game last year at brookie pretty close until that stupid kicking dual try?
Same. I think that humiliation and embarrassment from last week might just ironically be the ingredient to knock over the premiers at Brooky this week. I do however feel that DCE's game needs a minor restructure so will be interesting to see if the coach and the captain feel the same way. Obvious to most but continues to badly hamper that right side attack.

I would be giving fualalo a go over Paulo. Saab has one wing stitched up but I ain’t seen anything convincing from Paulo or talau. Paulo is downright meek

Croker needs to be better, cherry needs to be better, Jake needs to be more disciplined, burbo needs to show us if he has anything noteworthy at all apart from been on the field with generic and uninspired play.

I still hate our ruckspeed, or line speed and our inability to wrap the ball. We look so slow in most facets

need everyone to step up to be a chance in this one. Don’t often get them without Cleary so we need to jag back the win we should’ve got last week

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8