Game Day: Manly v Penrith [Round 14, 2016]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Unless something dramatic changes , the way we are going you could not be confident about another win this year , apart from possibly against the two teams below us.

No doubt Drugcastle, Rorters and Manly will be fighting it out to run last.

I posted a few weeks ago asking if we are rock bottom , gee it must be close.

Pretty sht to be in early June with no hope. Going to the Titans next Monday night and holding little to no hope of seeing anywhere near a win. Fuking pathetic what we've become. Feels like a club with no Manly Sea Eagle soul at the moment. Just a collection of journeymen and paid employees who have no vested interest in our culture, heritage or pride.

Pretty sht to be in early June with no hope. Going to the Titans next Monday night and holding little to no hope of seeing anywhere near a win. Fuking pathetic what we've become. Feels like a club with no Manly Sea Eagle soul at the moment. Just a collection of journeymen and paid employees who have no vested interest in our culture, heritage or pride.
So enough about the coaching staff, what about the players lol.

D Day for Barrett today for mine.At home on a Sunday is usually where Eagles shine.

Ive been reluctant to be too critical given our injury toll but his non selection of Knight and Mateo seems ridiculous. We don't look like scoring points in attack and Mateo, despite his defensive lapses, gives us something different... and if Knight cannot get a chance in a pack that is struggling this badly after 14 rounds when will he get a chance?

Expecting a better effort today but the class of the Penrith outside backs should see them jag a win.A loss today ends our final 8 hopes IMO so surely we can expect guys like Hynes and Knight to get a run in future games if we cant snap this losing run.

Last edited:
A win will see Manly leapfrog the Tigers, Souths and Penrith on the ladder. From 14th to 11th. If that doesn't motivate them, nothing will.

Edit. A win will see us leapfrog the Tigers only. For and against too big a difference to jump Souths and Penrith.

Last edited:
D Day for Barrett today for mine.At home on a Sunday is usually where Eagles shine.

Ive been reluctant to be too critical given our injury toll but his non selection of Knight and Mateo seems ridiculous. We don't look like scoring points in attack and Mateo, despite his defensive lapses, gives us something different... and if Knight cannot get a chance in a pack that is struggling this badly after 14 rounds when will he get a chance?

Expecting a better effort today but the class of the Penrith outside backs should see them jag a win.A loss today ends our final 8 hopes IMO so surely we can expect guys like Hynes and Knight to get a run in future games.
Todd the knob will ensure we won't be able to play Knight or Hynes or anyone else. The embarrassment will be when Parra eventually lose their 12 points they'll still be above us by then.

Todd the knob will ensure we won't be able to play Knight or Hynes or anyone else. The embarrassment will be when Parra eventually lose their 12 points they'll still be above us by then.
He was named in the 18 Mick so he must have been a possibility to play this week despite the cap restrictions.

A win will see Manly leapfrog the Tigers, Souths and Penrith on the ladder. From 14th to 11th. If that doesn't motivate them, nothing will.

Very true mate, if they can't get up for our first Sunday arvo game at Brookie this year, the faith fans still have will be tested.

Apart from obviously hoping for a win I am also looking forward to seeing Williame in the centres. Without having the burden of worrying about the high kicks and positional play on the flanks I think he may really surprise a few today.

Also Reynolds and Atkins may provide some respite from Horsehead and Chechin.Cant remember being Chechined by these guys but I maybe wrong.Athough I do see Chechin lurking in the video bunker so he will probably make his mark.

Last edited:
Apart from obviously hoping for a win I am also looking forward to seeing Williame in the centres. Without having the burden of worrying about the high kicks and positional play on the flanks I think he may really surprise a few today.

Also Reynolds and Atkins may provide some respite from Horsehead and Chechin.Cant remember being Chechined by these guys but I maybe wrong.Athough I do see Chechin lurking in the video bunker so he will probably make his mark.
Thank goodness. Horsehead is a fuking disgrace. Worse than Chec and on a level with Shame paperbag Hayne

i dont rate wiliame at all but im going to give him the benefit of the doubt as apparently he hadnt played wing b4... hoping his preferred centre spot will see him shine...
atm i have him rated about as good as shane neumann was, scored 2 or 3 tries a week in the reggie comps, but totally and utterly useless at nrl level

Expecting a better effort today but the class of the Penrith outside backs should see them jag a win.A loss today ends our final 8 hopes IMO so surely we can expect guys like Hynes and Knight to get a run in future games if we cant snap this losing run.
Who's really picking the team ? If Barrett is the sole selector why have the powers that be allowed him to continually make the same errors in selection without intervention, after a season where we lost our incumbent coach due to an apparent lack of success I find it difficult to believe that Barrett is in control of selection, all I do know is this is the most unmanly feeling season in recent memory, if this is all the work of the coach then I feel it's time to move him on, if there are other powers intervening in team selection I say give the coach the reins and let him live or die by his own efforts.

I'm tipping panthers 42-12 IMO they will have way too much speed for us and they have good controlling half in Cleary to guide them around. Cartwright MOTM with a double

I'm tipping panthers 42-12 IMO they will have way too much speed for us and they have good controlling half in Cleary to guide them around. Cartwright MOTM with a double

Whilst our halves are certainly not experienced with game management, Cleary has played one NRL game and while obviously talented should be targeted today. If Cleary guides Penrith to a win of that margin, we have bigger problems than most think. I'm more optimistic and think all the boys will be ready to go.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8
8 4 4 -60 8