Game Day: Manly v Penrith [Round 14, 2016]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I'm tipping panthers 42-12 IMO they will have way too much speed for us and they have good controlling half in Cleary to guide them around. Cartwright MOTM with a double
Crikey Turbo i hope you're wrong!!! I feel we'll come out and play above ourselves today.... But the anaesthetic hasn't totally worn off yet.

^ Cartwright worries me too. He's got the type of skills that can tear a hesitant defence to shreds.
(I should point out I'm talking about their Cartwright, not ours. Although he worries me as well.)
Yep and now he is calling the shots which makes even more dangerous but one thing I think will happen to manly is Dylan walker will perform, it's close to origin and he has another shot at 5/8 hope he plays good he will play more of an extra fullback roll IMO instead of kicking

He we go again another must win weekend this one may not be our last chance for making the 8 but we are getting damn close to the season ending early
This is a game Manly can win the panthers haven't set the world on fire either and even though they have put some talented young players as there 1/2's pairing surely that means they will struggle to control the game as expected in 1st grade. We have a more experience players which should see our game management being better
So all in all I think we can grind out an ugly win and that will do me till next week
Go Manly

The only thing giving me any hope was the ad lib football they played at the end of last week.

PS. And the harder it got with players falling I think Myles stood up.

Last edited:
My head is telling me we will lose and lose well.

But my heart is saying we are going to win this and win well. So Iv put 50 on Manly 13+, ahh blind faith. Gotta love it.
Go Manly
Well my head is saying we are in for a good win this afternoon, looking forward to watching it. I expect we will grow as the game unfolds with many of our 2016 recruits finally starting to shine as they will be out of the shadows of many of the old guard......i.e. they will take the opportunity to shine in their own light!

Nice arvo at brookie, just need to ignore the under 20s debacle. Tooheys new almost tasted acceptable icy cold in the afternoon sun. Agh but as I speak some fool is pumping the red hot chili peppers through the PA. Give us a break.

Settling down to watch the game from home ( in our new house now so not travelling at present), and hoping they at least don't embarrass the home fans.

I'm not expecting a win but I hope we at least see a strong effort from those named.

Well will it be the Fortress, or will it be the Fort Stress today , 1 win from the last 7 games at home, now that's a stat I never thought I'd see!!

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8