Game Day: Manly v Penrith [Round 14, 2016]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Panthers have a pretty good side with many of their losses coming from no more than 2 points.

They are above us on the ladder apart from some mild improvement late in the last game ( when basically the Raiders gave up ) we are streets behind at least 14 of the other NRL sides, including them, so I'm not quite getting the reason to be so positive.

Look,we might get lucky, it's at home ( meaningless so far in 2016) but at best it's a 60/40 against us.

I'd suggest we'll try ( Api is a live wire he'll give it a shot ) but they are comfortable with their combinations , we are a rabble.

They have the SOO fullback, ours doesn't even want to touch the ball let alone make a tackle.

Hopefully we might jag a win, but it's more hope than promise.

Mateo playing today in NSW Cup shows that team selection is not based on what is best for the team right now.

I'm starting to wonder whether Barrett is an idiot.....or more likely that the RLW comment about an NRL coach basically being handed the team selection by some powerful behind the scenes figure actually WAS about him because there seems to be a definite agenda not to play Mateo in first grade unless it is unavoidable.....a-la Wolfman 2015.

Feleti may not be the ultimate answer right now, but he doesn't come under the 2nd tier cap and surely he would be a better option (i.e. an experienced one with some actual play making skills) to play 5/8 than Walker who has proven beyond a doubt that he's a centre and not a pivot.

Mateo playing today in NSW Cup shows that team selection is not based on what is best for the team right now.

I'm starting to wonder whether Barrett is an idiot.....or more likely that the RLW comment about an NRL coach basically being handed the team selection by some powerful behind the scenes figure actually WAS about him because there seems to be a definite agenda not to play Mateo in first grade unless it is unavoidable.....a-la Wolfman 2015.

Feleti may not be the ultimate answer right now, but he doesn't come under the 2nd tier cap and surely he would be a better option (i.e. an experienced one with some actual play making skills) to play 5/8 than Walker who has proven beyond a doubt that he's a centre and not a pivot.
Playing well today in lower grades.

Fool me once.......

Penrith just scored their 2nd try in 5 minutes down their right hand side with exactly the same move. Its gone from 6-all to 18-6 in a matter of minutes.

That was very poor from our nsw cup side
Error after error we had no ball in the second half and wow we looked very poor
16-6 with a kick to come to Penrith with about 3 mins left in the game

Mateo played well last year for us when at 5/8. With his skills and experience I would have him there and leave Dylan in the centres.

Sadly
Don't see our form changing today and don't really like our chances.

I just hope the boys put in a better performance than the one I experienced live last week in Canberra.

For mine Panthers by a margin of anywhere between 8-14 points.

Last edited:
Mateo played well last year for us when at 5/8. With his skills and experience I would have him there and leave Dylan in the centres.

With Skivy gone for the year (and when Killer, DCE & Marty Taupau are available).....I would play Api at pivot with Walker and Killer in the centres. I'd also re-shuffle the forwards a bit. When Kapow comes back I'd move him to the front row, drop Lussick to the bench and have Feleti in the back row with Ferris as two ball players with Brown back to the bench where he is best used as the utility.

But that sort of lineup won't happen for at least another 2-3 weeks when we get Killer, DCE and Kapow back. And even then I doubt it would happen because I can't see Mateo actually playing first grade for us unless it is totally unavoidable.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2