Game Day: Manly v Rabbitohs [Round 5, 2016]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
We let our selves down in the first 15 minutes with poor play and poor options.
We also showed that once we get it together we can give this comp a shake.
Very proud of the way our boys came back to nearly win the game .
Send me your bank details Ryan and I will go to the bank on wednesday the 6th when I finish my shift roaster and tranfer the money into your acccount. :)

Send me your bank details Ryan and I will go to the bank on wednesday the 6th when I finish my shift roaster and tranfer the money into your acccount. :)

Almost mate, almost!!

I'd be willing to experiment with Api at 5/8 when DCE is back and have Walker move out to the Centres as an experiment

They made some interesting points on fox after the game. Reckon manly should keep api at 5/8 and move walker to centres and have matai as a roving wide running back.

They think the set plays are dead. Decoy runners get too penalized and defense can read set plays easier these days.

Harder for the defense is tackling one on one. Manly should focus more on isolating defence with their dangerous ball runners and they have a lot. And looking at all our tries this year they have basically come from players beating their opposition one on one. Food for thought as api showed a good running game tonight and can tackle. Plus can put up the odd bomb. Dce would do 80% of kicking when he comes back and walker would be shifted a little wider and given some space to take on defenders. He would be very hard to tackle one on one. And could easily get around a lot of opposition with his blinding pace

Sorry... The halfs tonight were better than any DCE game this year. Ok the kicking game was not good but DCE needs to step up in the future.

Apart from the kicking where he offers so much more DCE also creates more doubt in the oppositions minds. We only scored 12 points this the week, the previous 3 we put on 22. Not saying it was all DCE but he was not as bad as some think. And I am not saying he was great previously but we missed him tonight. We would have had more attack out wide of he played. Poor Stewart copped some rubbish tonight due to our disjointed attack. Anyway pretty good performance all things considered.

Honestly lyon or matai need to be dropped. Put walker in the centres and api in 5/8. He is a monster in the halves and walker is a monster in the centres. What are we losing by dropping either lyon or matai? They've done us so much good and i love them to bits but lyon is getting shown up every week for being too old and if matai keeps having weeks off for being sore then something has to give.

Very, very disappointed, gutted actually. I can't stand loosing full stop. :mad:

I am concerned that we did not beat them in the end, because quite frankly Souffs did not have much in way of attack after the first 20minutes. Again we had far too many 'individual plays' and not enough structured team attack, especially near the opposition line..!!

As well as Api and Walker have played tonight, in our attacking zone we have looked a bit clueless at times.

Not trying to put down their performance because they stepped up tonight and did a bloody good job under the circumstances, but we did lack some of DCE's polish close to the line. Some of the passes to Snake behind his back killed off possible attacking raids unfortunately.

Overall though, very proud of the effort from the team tonight, especially over the last 70 minutes. Souffs got a lucky escape after our soft as early defence. Tommy, Api, Walker, Vave, Jorge, Skivy and Kapow all had strong games.

I think once parcell improves his combination with the halves and snake it will be very dangerous. It takes time. They are still learning each others games and barely getting in any training session's. The commitment is there which is the most pleasing thing. The combos will come

No mate, I was never taking your money.

I also say it was lack of physical fitness and sharpness from our ruck defenders that let The Bunnies rape us up the middle in the first 20. We needed to be sharper and more energetic.

Lussick's marker defense was terrible, and before everyone whinges, I love Lussick as a player.

Apart from individual brilliance we don't seem to have any set plays inside the twenty, how many times did we look lost on tackle five and it's not only been tonight !!!
But they're having a dig, we can't begrudge them that. Nowhere near perfect but remember they've barely trained the past few weeks which means they can't work on plays to any great extent.

God I hate these Thursday night games. Alarm goes off at 5 in the morning and I'm still buzzing.

Very, very disappointed, gutted actually. I can't stand loosing full stop, but I especially can't stand loosing knowing that we could have won the game.....! And we most definitely could have won that game.

I am concerned that we did not beat them in the end, because quite frankly Souffs did not have much in way of attack after the first 20minutes. Again we had far too many 'individual plays' and not enough structured team attack, especially near the opposition line..!!
Structure comes off playing a ton of games together and training together for weeks. I think structure is over rated and boring. Set plays are dead. What we missed was players still learning their position and playing with their team mates and running plays instinctively knowing which team mates will run wide or cut back in etc etc. Getting a good kick in on the 5th play or in position to run or pass wide. Just comes with playing games and sticking to the same combinations as much as possible.

Souffs didn't show any attack either. It was either run from dummy half or kick-and-hope on the fifth tackle.
This generation of coaches is not game to try things. Stats have turned them into automatons.

Poor start and we lacked polish, but they clawed their way back into it which I'm proud of. Unlucky lads, next week.

It's simple, if we had've played in the 1st 15 mins like we did in the last 65 mins we would have won easily. Everyone played well. It's just what the.... In the 1st 15.

We were the better side - our attack at the line is just horrible. I really miss our sweeping plays or our inside balls that would split the defense.

To be honest nearly all our tries this season have come from individual brilliance, not team work - which again was the case tonight.

I'm excited for the future but i'm really hoping our attack can kick into gear - our 5th tackle option was the worst... why not bomb to turbo???? i don't get that, we looked lost every time we got into their line, why not put up a lucky dip???

Snake played one of his worst games for a while - it happens. Api made me eat my own words.

Those sweeping set plays are dead. A lot of tries these days come from firstly the forwards getting the team on a roll then a smart hooker who can capitalise on that, either run or quick ball to the halves who attack a back peddling defence.

It's simple, if we had've played in the 1st 15 mins like we did in the last 65 mins we would have won easily. Everyone played well. It's just what the.... In the 1st 15.

I keep saying, it's a fitness thing. Teams come out, and blast us early, because it works. They tear us apart while we build into the game.

It's 2016 - you can't build into games. Teams will rip you apart - look at this, Sharks, Tigers starts against us - literally tearing us to shreds.

If we can't play for 80, something has to be wrong, and I think it's that our players can't play for 80 minutes, but can play well for 65 odd.

We were the better side - our attack at the line is just horrible. I really miss our sweeping plays or our inside balls that would split the defense.

To be honest nearly all our tries this season have come from individual brilliance, not team work - which again was the case tonight.

I'm excited for the future but i'm really hoping our attack can kick into gear - our 5th tackle option was the worst... why not bomb to turbo???? i don't get that, we looked lost every time we got into their line, why not put up a lucky dip???

Snake played one of his worst games for a while - it happens. Api made me eat my own words.
Agree Snake was shocking tonight. Absolutely no X factor at all. Should've organised from the back a lot better.

Wow, what a game at the ground.
Manly woke up from their slumber and monstered the big Souths pack in the second half. Whooshka, the hits and march backs were the Manly D of old :punch:

Must have butchered 5 tries, but at least Manly were there - just need to run straight and trust that the support player finds you.:cool:

Loss on match points, but Baz would be happy with the way our defense has started to gel in the last 3 weeks.:)

Vave was awesome and Josh not far behind.:clap:

I thought Parcel could've stepped it up with more dummy half runs on the back of the good metres the forwards,Matai and Tommy were getting. Do what they did to us in the first 20.
Trenty should just set Parcel up with a tele and DVD ofJake Granvilles game from last week.....watch and copy everything he does Matt, except his hairstyle!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 56 16
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8