Game Day: Manly v Raiders [Round 25, 2016]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
And mate, the rest would be in reggies if Lyon, Snake, Matai and Walker were fit. They are not Barrett's first choice players. They do their best, it's just not good enough. No fault and no blame.
disagree mate,
1. Lyon, Snake, Matai are all past their prime and wont match it with the current backs.
2. Dylan Walker is only good through a gap, his defence is dismal.

Lussick, Lawrence, Lyon, Walker, Matai, Stewart and a fit Tom T play all year and wed be in the 8. Take that amount of quality out of any of the current top 8 for that amount of time and every one of them would be sitting outside the 8.

This, but not many on here would agree Mick!!

I thought there was at least one positive from today. Frankenstein. He went well. Can play in the forwards or the backs, and has a great build.
If only it was Mr Plod and Brown retiring and not Jamie . . .
If these two are in our top team next season I am not renewing my membership. They make me so angry watching them. Poor Parker having to play outside Brown who wouldn't even know how to make a pass to a pretty girl. Williarmy is not a first grader.
Our backline needs a complete overhaul.

disagree mate,
1. Lyon, Snake, Matai are all past their prime and wont match it with the current backs.
2. Dylan Walker is only good through a gap, his defence is dismal.

Whether your opinion of their form is correct or not., at the beginning of the season they were our first choice backline, and WillyArmy, Brown, and Wright not in sight. Doesn't change my point that they are not Barrett's first choice backline.

This, but not many on here would agree Mick!!
I'm sorry mark but I think your missing why people are pissed. It's The way we lose, errors that 13 olds wouldn't make mate. Missing the sideline? Missing 2on1 chances, constant poor attack in the 20.

Canberra clocked off completely. Sure we should lose but not like this and not committing such stupid errors.

I'm sorry mark but I think your missing why people are pissed. It's The way we lose, errors that 13 olds wouldn't make mate. Missing the sideline? Missing 2on1 chances, constant poor attack in the 20.

Canberra clocked off completely. Sure we should lose but not like this and not committing such stupid errors.

Spot on, can't even do the basics

Super Coach

Ok. so new question. If Lyon, Matai, Snake, Lussick, Walker and Lawrence played do we still lose?

+ Tom played injured
+ Jorge played injured and was replaced.

Who knows? We've been terrible all season long, no matter who we had out there. Even if we had every first-choice player fit and firing, there's no guarantee we would have got a win. Canberra can only beat the team we send out there, although we did our very best to help them at every opportunity.
Lots of bright spots from individual players - Tapau, Buhrer, Tommy and Jake - but as a team, we are a long way off the pace.

I thought we had a chance because two "dud " coaches would at least cancel each other out. But alas I turn on the radio and Sticky is back near the top again according to a pole of the best coaches. I wish coaches wouldn't change from season to season so much. They need to show some predictability to stop the critics having to change their mind so much.

Oh don't worry I know why people are pissed, BUT, I'm choosing to look at this in the glass half full approach rather than the " we are all ****ed" approach.

Otherwise it's just way too depressing.

I'm hoping 2017 is better, and think it will be.

On the plus side, how good was it to see Matty Ballin sitting next to Killer and Beaver Menzies in the stands?
Matty was in my section for Killer's farewell. I asked him if he was coming back as a Trainer and he laughed and said no.:shake:

Killer just quickly walked around with his kids so never saw Matty.
After he went past, a few of us were teary and Matty sat down with his boy and was blinking away the tears too.:inlove:

I think it was more nostalgia of his time at Manly and how he was literally turfed out by Manly, never getting a chance for a Brookie farewell . :mad:

Very touching and I'm glad that the 2008 mob all sat together, apart from Kingdog who was with his family:)

Graham Eadie was close by too, so many Manly Legends to reminisce about @:)

Last edited:
We get that you don't like the coach, but no one ever claimed he was a super coach. We all know he is a rookie. There haven't been many first year super coaches in league that I can recall.
Nope.... your right.... he aint no super coach...
I suspect he will never be a super coach... Not whilst the clown is pulling the strings...

On the plus side, how good was it to see Matty Ballin sitting next to Killer and Beaver Menzies in the stands?

Apart from Killer's emotional lap of honour, this was the highlight of the afternoon for me. Not only seeing Matty Ballin (wearing a Manly tie) sitting with Killer and Beaver, but also Snake and Skivvi and Boxy all together in the KA stand. A lovely sight :happy::inlove:@:)

74 points scored today.

Is this an NRL game or am I watching the U/20's?

No. U20s had 78 points scored, which in fact is the same number of points as the NSW Cup game. Actually our sides scored a total of 90 points averaging 30 per game which ordinarily would have easily won those games. However we had 140 points scored against us averaging 43 per game. Pretty good attack. Sh.thouse defence

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10