Post-Game Discussion Manly v Raiders [Round 4, 2022]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Game Information

Sea Eagles
Vs
Raiders
25 Glen Willow Stadium
02 Apr 2022 17:30
80th minute

Match Stats

Snake

Snake's Alive!
Our halves were very good. Daly’s kicking game was obviously outstanding (particularly the grubber for the Haumole try when we couldn’t jag points with a ton of ball), but Foran’s ball playing was equally impressive.

Tom is so much more dangerous because Foz is willing to take it so deep into the line to commit defenders.

Last edited:

Ryan

Journey Man
Not really, mistake riddled until we finally got on top
Kinda had their measure the whole time though. There were actually a few nonchalant and arrogant plays by us, and that's where we are at our best (i.e. Olakau'atu almost kicking for touch on a penalty).

Kinda had their measure the whole time though. There were actually a few nonchalant and arrogant plays by us, and that's where we are at our best (i.e. Olakau'atu almost kicking for touch on a penalty).
Agree.... and we are certainly headed in the right direction.
Just wish Turbo would pace himself & not do the props work...
The need to pull their fingers out & that's why Alaoi was so welcome tonight

sheridanstand78

First Grader
Tonight's win was a much better effort by the whole team.

Canberra are a very dangerous team with threats in Wighton and some of their pack is quality. They threw a lot at us especially in the first half and lots of offloads. To only concede 6 points was a really good effort!

DCE was poor last week and made up for it today by a fantastic performance. Kicking masterclass gaining us extra sets, setting up 2 tries from kicks and managing the game well. Really pleased to see this form.

Tom is clearly hampered by some niggling injuries and he was imposing and a big threat especially in the first half.

Josh Aloia did wonderfully well and added so much to our middle, good hard yards and also it helped inspire the others who did much better. Paseka had his best game of the year and Keppie did well.

We are still well below our best and we have so much improvement in us. We need to be more clinical with the ball as we did squander too many opportunities. We need to build our sets and create more pressure especially if we are to trouble the top teams.

The next game is a crucial one. We do not have a good record in Newcastle and they are going to be on the rebound and we have a 5 day turnaround.

Great to see young Koula get a chance and he handled it well. Also Morgan Harper was a lot better this week.

Good signs ahead!

We finally got the balance of the pack better. I said Aloiai would start and replace Bullemor in the 17. He was outstanding. I thought Koula for Harper... I was close. Still surprised with Koula replacing Parker but Harper was better today but still made errors which he cant in big games. Marty was much better. Davey is the rock we need. He was great again today. DCE was terrific with his kicking game and as he said after the game... he plays his best footy playing off the cuff and you cannot play off the cuff when your pack is going backwards. So when the pack goes backwards he is terrible. The pack was very good today but why why does the Big O and Keppie take the ball flat footed - arghhhh. Keppie still is the biggest dud in not closing off the inside gap... he gets beaten there week after week. Turbo fabulous as was Foran... again. Raiders were terrible in the second half and we should have lapped them. But a good win... still a huge amount of improvement in this side to come. Still need a fit Walker and the Schu playing somewhere.

Last edited:

The Royal Soup

First Grader
We finally got the balance of the pack better. I said Aloiai would start and replace Bullemor in the 17. He was outstanding. I thought Koula for Harper... I was close. Still surprised with Koula replacing Parker but Harper was better today but still made errors which he cant in big games. Marty was much better. Davey is the rock we need. He was great again today. DCE was terrific with his kicking game and as he said after the game... he plays his best footy playing off the cuff and you cannot play off the cuff when your pack is going backwards. So when the pack goes backwards he is terrible. The pack was very good today but why why does the Big O and Keppie take the ball flat footed - arghhhh. Keppie still is the biggest dud in not closing off the inside gap... he gets beaten there week after week. Turbo fabulous as was Foran... again. Raiders were terrible in the second half and we should have lapped them. But a good win... still a huge amount of improvement in this side. Still need a fit Walker and the Schu playing somewhere.
agree totally with all of this

Ron E. Gibbs

First Grader
Aloiai could not have made more of an impact on our pack. He was excellent, which is even more impressive considering it was his first game of the season. Koula was great as well, didn't look out of pale, took some tough hit-ups, setup the first try, really good on his feet.

We're still clunkier than I'd like in attack (don't care so much if we're not clunky at the business end of the season) but I always said everything would look better once we started to get better ruck speed and everything and everyone pretty much did. Nice to get a decent win against a decent side.

Jethro

Star Trekkin' across the universe
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
From Post #1

FULL TIME SCORE

Manly: 25
Raiders: 6

277589339_10159702896560993_1230198636993420610_n.jpg

Pic: Manly Warringah Sea Eagles Facebook Page

Team Victory Song: TBA